• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yes . Definitely need to get out to the range and shoot some . SAWMAN gave me some good numbers for hand loads he liked. I will find them and load some at some point . Have a great evening .
    200gr gold dot bonded hp with 12.5 of AA#9. Snappy but accurate. Devastating out of the TNW AERO carbine. Never took a step. 5 inch chunk blown out the exit.
    20220112_173134.jpg
    20220112_184225.jpg
    20220112_174703.jpg

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I will try that recipe snd see what kind of velodrome cities I can get with both barrels when the other one comes in . Thanks again .

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I will try that recipe snd see what kind of velodrome cities I can get with both barrels when the other one comes in . Thanks again .
    Very welcome. Bill was aces on the 10mm. Miss em.
    Let me know, I have no idea, I'm guessing about 1200 from the pistol and maybe +1400??? From the carbine.(16 inch) Worked the load up using the book. When I felt it was stout and accurate, I stopped.
    ** some feeding issues with the double tap wadcutter ish ammo.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I misspoke on the length of my KKM barrel. It is the standard factory length barrel 4" I believe, not six inches as I said in a earlier post. Sorry about that.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    You're carrying a back up for a reason. First and foremost to protect yourself quickly when your in a tight spot. A game shot is secondary. Glock built the G20 to be accurate and reliable with bullet weights 200 grain and above. Gold Dot is one of the best. Anything less carry a G22. Glock's reputation for reliability has been built using a Glock with Glock parts. You just can't improve on perfection, IMO. 50,000 rounds without a failure. Is that right? Anyway, get used to it the way you want it to respond when you need it the most.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Chest holster $49 @ Buckees, so far, so good. Has rain cover too. Keeps the pistol from being a nuisance. Those that carry alot know where im coming from. In and out of stand, Truck, utv also can do work with it on. Wore it to the new property while clearing brush building stuff. Figured the neighbors will know im a nut and stay away.
    20220207_221837.jpg
    Bounce the g20 and g21 thru it depending on "mission" lol. Adjustable for different weapons.
    20220203_160359.jpg

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    You're carrying a back up for a reason. First and foremost to protect yourself quickly when your in a tight spot. A game shot is secondary. Glock built the G20 to be accurate and reliable with bullet weights 200 grain and above. Gold Dot is one of the best. Anything less carry a G22. Glock's reputation for reliability has been built using a Glock with Glock parts. You just can't improve on perfection, IMO. 50,000 rounds without a failure. Is that right? Anyway, get used to it the way you want it to respond when you need it the most.
    Roger that . Thank you .

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Chest holster $49 @ Buckees, so far, so good. Has rain cover too. Keeps the pistol from being a nuisance. Those that carry alot know where im coming from. In and out of stand, Truck, utv also can do work with it on. Wore it to the new property while clearing brush building stuff. Figured the neighbors will know im a nut and stay away. View attachment 186396 Bounce the g20 and g21 thru it depending on "mission" lol. Adjustable for different weapons. View attachment 186397
    I will look those up .

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Chest holster $49 @ Buckees, so far, so good. Has rain cover too. Keeps the pistol from being a nuisance. Those that carry alot know where im coming from. In and out of stand, Truck, utv also can do work with it on. Wore it to the new property while clearing brush building stuff. Figured the neighbors will know im a nut and stay away. View attachment 186396 Bounce the g20 and g21 thru it depending on "mission" lol. Adjustable for different weapons. View attachment 186397
    I never wore a chest rig but I thought that perhaps if I did I'd want it tilting slightly toward my strong side rather than straight up and down. Up and down seems like it would be awkward to draw quickly. Yes, No?

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I just remembered that I have a molle chest panel I can wear and use my Serpa holster with it . And cant it to any angle . I will try it tomorrow to check fit and draw .

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I never wore a chest rig but I thought that perhaps if I did I'd want it tilting slightly toward my strong side rather than straight up and down. Up and down seems like it would be awkward to draw quickly. Yes, No?
    Yes, it would be better canted. It may be doable with a few holes added. Just a cheap fix. May spend the big $$ later for a quality one.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Yes, it would be better canted. It may be doable with a few holes added. Just a cheap fix. May spend the big $$ later for a quality one.
    In the illustrated picture the guy is looking at the bore. His holster does look canted. I wonder if it's a matter of placing the support straps properly to give you the cant that's most comfortable?

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I did attatch my Serpa holster to my to my Molle chest panels with the G20 riding at different angles and locations . It works well . Cross draw ( lateral left side,canted) carried and drew well . Midline ( canted right , and horizontal ) carried and drew well . A little less stable.Maybe due to the age of the molle . But serviceable for my needs . As well as mag pouch and accessory pouch . I may still go with an aftermarket Kenai or Denali chest rig . Haven’t decided on a KKM 6’barrel yet .

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I did attatch my Serpa holster to my to my Molle chest panels with the G20 riding at different angles and locations . It works well . Cross draw ( lateral left side,canted) carried and drew well . Midline ( canted right , and horizontal ) carried and drew well . A little less stable.Maybe due to the age of the molle . But serviceable for my needs . As well as mag pouch and accessory pouch . I may still go with an aftermarket Kenai or Denali chest rig . Haven’t decided on a KKM 6’barrel yet .
    Good deal. Post a pic of the setup!
    You may be able to find a factory barrel (6) I think glock quit making them for some dumb reason. Seems? like a guy on mobile armslist had some 10mm g20 stuff for sale, trade.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will do . Thanks for the info . Stay safe .
    How do you transport your normal hunting/safety/survival equipment? (Ie canteen,compass, knife, space blanket, fire making equipment,etc..) Since I normally use an Old ALICE duty belt with a fanny pack, my secondary sidearm resides in a standard Gov clamshell attached to the duty belt. If you normally carry all your hunting/safety/survival gear on a chest plate setup than you are not increasing your field load when utilizing one. If you don't currently take a chest plate hunting? Why would you add more weight to your standard load to accommodate a secondary firearm? Just food for thought.

Top Bottom