• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Good morning one and all . I acquired a G20 Gen 4 from another forum member . It is stock . My uses for it will be as a back up pistol , and maybe hunting if the shot presents itself within my limitations . Looking forward advice , and I once talked to SAWMAN about it for about a 1/2 hour during a meet up a few yrs ago . . Great advice ,but can’t remember all the details . My questions are : Stay with the stock barrel/ springs/ trigger , or invest in a 6 inch barrel ( either Glock or KKM , etc ) , and change springs / etc . I have a fair amount of ammo already so practice is paramount I know. I welcome any and all suggestions . Thank you .

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a G20. It has a KKM barrel in it that I bought from another forum member a couple of years ago. My thoughts are....for a back up woods gun why mess with "perfection." I personally would keep it the way Glock built it.
    Is it a 6 inch barrel ? If so how do you carry it? Holster as well ? Thank you .

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Is it a 6 inch barrel ? If so how do you carry it? Holster as well ? Thank you .
    4" barrel. I don't carry it. Right now, I don't even have a holster for it. It's more of a range toy at the present time. If I ever decide to carry it I would seriously look into a chest type rig for it. I would want it immediately available.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I highly recommend Hornady Handgun Hunter brand ammo

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Read boxes and see about comparing muzzle velocities. Get the 10mm high performance that you are paying for. Buyer beware... a lot of 10mm is loaded to 40cal specs. Also, Glock 10mm pistols in particular are gaining a reputation for reliably shooting 40cal ammo without any modifications, if you want to save some $ in the next ammo shortage

Screenshot_20220401-015548_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-015045_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-015743_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-015006_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-015150_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Got some Underwood LeHigh Extreme Penetrators ( 140 gr .) , Hornady Critical Duty 175 gr.Flextip , and some range ammo . Will try them out tomorrow. I use Hornady LeverEvolution in all my lever actions so I enjoy that brand .
    Read boxes and see about comparing muzzle velocities. Get the 10mm high performance that you are paying for. Buyer beware... a lot of 10mm is loaded to 40cal specs. Also, Glock 10mm pistols in particular are gaining a reputation for reliably shooting 40cal ammo without any modifications, if you want to save some $ in the next ammo shortage

View attachment 185795 View attachment 185798 View attachment 185799 View attachment 185802 View attachment 185804 View attachment 185805
    I have a couple of 40 cal . pistols , so strictly 10mm in the G20.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    6" barrel. I don't carry it. Right now, I don't even have a holster for it. It's more of a range toy at the present time. If I ever decide to carry it I would seriously look into a chest type rig for it. I would want it immediately available.
    Ted nugent has a bunch of hunting vids with the glock 20 on YouTube..
    Uncle Ted ! Will do .

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Find a brand and weight of ammo that you can hit things consistently and know what type of penetration you're getting. Deer down here are small as get out so penetration isn't as big an issue. Now hog hunting with one...... ya.
    Make sure it runs reliably and know your ranges and limits with it. Fobus makes a holster for the 20 and 21 which luckily matches roughly how I carry so back home in the winter and out in the woods that's how I carry my g20. Stock barrel with fo sights.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Find a brand and weight of ammo that you can hit things consistently and know what type of penetration you're getting. Deer down here are small as get out so penetration isn't as big an issue. Now hog hunting with one...... ya.
    Make sure it runs reliably and know your ranges and limits with it. Fobus makes a holster for the 20 and 21 which luckily matches roughly how I carry so back home in the winter and out in the woods that's how I carry my g20. Stock barrel with fo sights.
    Roger that . Great advice . I usually carry my 4 “ inch GP 100 , but want to change things up occasionally . Thank you .

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My take on it. Factory 4 inch Whatever barrel, 6 inch factory barrel and 9 inch lone wolf barrel. Kit from Recover. TRS25 dot. Has a holster that holds it folded
    20220106_122153.jpg
    and covers the trigger. Lighter trigger, glock oem. Chest holster for outdoors when not in Recover brace.
    200gr hp gold dot handloads. I'm going to take a deer with it this year. Probably using the 9 inch barrel. ( extra bang!)

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    My take on it. Factory 4 inch Whatever barrel, 6 inch factory barrel and 9 inch lone wolf barrel. Kit from Recover. TRS25 dot. Has a holster that holds it folded View attachment 186292 and covers the trigger. Lighter trigger, glock oem. Chest holster for outdoors when not in Recover brace.
    200gr hp gold dot handloads. I'm going to take a deer with it this year. Probably using the 9 inch barrel. ( extra bang!)
    Hey Rebel.....how hard is it to take it in and out of the brace? Looks good.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My take on it. Factory 4 inch Whatever barrel, 6 inch factory barrel and 9 inch lone wolf barrel. Kit from Recover. TRS25 dot. Has a holster that holds it folded View attachment 186292 and covers the trigger. Lighter trigger, glock oem. Chest holster for outdoors. 200gr hp gold dot handloads. I'm going to take a deer with it this year. Probably using the 9 inch barrel. ( extra bang!)
    You have some of the coolest toys . I want to stay with the 4 and the 6 inch barrels . How far out have you had the 6 inch barrel and consistently been on target?

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Thanks! About 50 yards. Minute of deer, with my shooting. My handloads seem to do well.
    Yes . Definitely need to get out to the range and shoot some . SAWMAN gave me some good numbers for hand loads he liked. I will find them and load some at some point . Have a great evening .

Latest posts

Top Bottom