• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I stayed at one in Nebraska that was great. It was offset and had porches built on the first and second floor “inside” - so when the doors were closed it looked like a metal building on both ends.

Definitely on my list if I ever get property.
    We're looking into the converted connex boxes. Modular, customizable and not ridiculously priced.

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most young people today try to live above their means, my kids included. They spend money they don’t have traveling, eating out, buying clothes they don’t need. My wife and I both worked, we cooked at home, grew a lot of our food in a garden, didn’t travel much, we’re very frugal. We had a house built, paid it off in 10 years. I retired at 53, my wife at 57. We travel, we enjoy ourselves, and still young enough to do the things we like to do.

SqdnGunny

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a refugee from the Peoples Republic of California, been in P'cola since Jan 2021. I was in SoCal, home prices are ridiculous there!! I got a 5 bdr / 3 bath / pool / external workshop on an acre of land here for 360k, same thing in Kalifornia would be 1.5m easily.

The market is about to burst, there will be a lot of people hurting.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve made a lot more money from these real estate bubbles than I ever did working .
    And nobody will insure log homes in FL...

He’s telling it like it is. We have a cabin on a natural lake in south Florida. We had it insured for years and they dropped us a few years back.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    We're looking into the converted connex boxes. Modular, customizable and not ridiculously priced.

Great option if you can weld - but they are up in price. Get the tall ones - they cost the same but are more “livable”. My brother just did one for their property.

You can find them already converted to living space sometimes for pretty cheap.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I’ve made a lot more money from these real estate bubbles than I ever did working .

He’s telling it like it is. We have a cabin on a natural lake in south Florida. We had it insured for years and they dropped us a few years back.
    Ok. Checked with our state farm gal. Alabama. Newer than 2001 they WILL insure. You need a hurricane certificate from an inspector to get a discount. The price of insurance will be "considerably" cheaper, her words. But we're 60 miles north of bay minette, so far from the " hurricane" zone. Also getting construction insurance to cover theft etc while buliding.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I closed on my last house 2 weeks ago. My cost was $103.57 per square foot. That includes $20k for the 3|4 acre lot in Crestview. Granted I did the foundation, slab, framing, windows, doors, interior trim, and doors. Like I said I paid myself minimalist wages, but if I were to pay myself the going rate for wages, it would offset the cost of the lot and put me really close to $100 per sqft, my cost. I'll be looking into a log cabin even though my mind is all but made up on. A steel pole barn.
    What is the insulation R-value of you walls and ceiling Rebel?

Top Bottom