0   0   0

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nobody owns the ground or the house now anyways. Try not paying your taxes and see what happens! The government shows up with guns and takes back what you only thought was yours
    And everyone is mortgaged to the hilt. Not all, but a lot. :/

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to the US Census, the total percentage of homeowners mortgage in the US is 64.8% Most buyers need a mortgage to buy a home due to increasing property prices and a sudden change in circumstances.Mar 5, 2022

I would have thought it was higher than that .

Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It's at a point now that rent is the same price if not more than the mortgage on the house, and depending on credit and what loans you apply for coming up with 6k-20k for a deposit while rent is beyond ridiculous is impossible for most people. Also who's to say how much the housing market drops rents never been this high before. They need to teach finance classes in highschool instead of all the damn dumb electives they make you take. I am a millennial (although when viewed "view" wise I guess I don't count from what's played as the media) and I will say it's a crazy time for the younger generation.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    As a gen x kid I've seen housing markets crash, actual recession and the dream of home ownership dashed. My wife and I moved to Pace almost 4 years ago and are still renting. The home prices are ridiculously over inflated and I refuse to buy the most expensive home in a neighborhood that will NEVER sell for what is being asked currently. We bought 34ac and are waiting till materials come down before we do anything. Near us 2 new developments are being built and not a single home is for sale. They are both owned by property management firms and are for lease only. Coming up with 30-50,000 for a deposit is out of most peoples budgets. Look at the recent college grads, a huge percentage are moving back home to their parents. Lots of others are pooling resources to buy with others and basically have roommates with ownership. Even though we are looking to buy, not sure I want to anymore... just build out my dirt.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    As a gen x kid I've seen housing markets crash, actual recession and the dream of home ownership dashed. My wife and I moved to Pace almost 4 years ago and are still renting. The home prices are ridiculously over inflated and I refuse to buy the most expensive home in a neighborhood that will NEVER sell for what is being asked currently. We bought 34ac and are waiting till materials come down before we do anything. Near us 2 new developments are being built and not a single home is for sale. They are both owned by property management firms and are for lease only. Coming up with 30-50,000 for a deposit is out of most peoples budgets. Look at the recent college grads, a huge percentage are moving back home to their parents. Lots of others are pooling resources to buy with others and basically have roommates with ownership. Even though we are looking to buy, not sure I want to anymore... just build out my dirt.
    Have you ever considered buying a nice, used travel trailer/camper rather than building a new house? I've seen some relatively nice units for $15,000 and up. Men seem much more open to this option rather than their significant other.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Have you ever considered buying a nice, used travel trailer/camper rather than building a new house? I've seen some relatively nice units for $15,000 and up. Men seem much more open to this option rather than their significant other.
    That'd be a no go with the war department... barnaminium is definitely something we're looking at but also have the luxury of superb landlords currently. They are the best! We're in no hurry so we have time.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    According to the US Census, the total percentage of homeowners mortgage in the US is 64.8% Most buyers need a mortgage to buy a home due to increasing property prices and a sudden change in circumstances.Mar 5, 2022

I would have thought it was higher than that .
    I mean, we aren't in a recession either.... ;)

But to @justapilgrim's point, a lot of people I know under 35 are buying campers and just parking on family or friends land. Most people can't afford what a mortgage costs.

Thankfully, last summer when we purchased a home, we got some of the lowest rates, but prices were still a little high. Now, prices and rates are even higher and I don't see rates getting better. :/

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Welcome to the Klaus Barbies “World Economic Forum” world of 2030, where you will not own anything and be happy. Get familiar with him and messaging as there are more and more cool aid drinkers daily. Pay attention to the folks pushing this agenda…mostly filthy rich folks and the one question most people have…are thowe rich folks going to give up thier wealth and private jets and be happy…I doubt it.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's at a point now that rent is the same price if not more than the mortgage on the house, and depending on credit and what loans you apply for coming up with 6k-20k for a deposit while rent is beyond ridiculous is impossible for most people. Also who's to say how much the housing market drops rents never been this high before. They need to teach finance classes in highschool instead of all the damn dumb electives they make you take. I am a millennial (although when viewed "view" wise I guess I don't count from what's played as the media) and I will say it's a crazy time for the younger generation.
    I thought with a mortgage I was just renting from the bank? it’s just another version of “rent to own,” right?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Lot rent is only like $400 a month too. Can park for free in the state forest. Vanlife park for free anywhere

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I mean, we aren't in a recession either.... ;)

But to @justapilgrim's point, a lot of people I know under 35 are buying campers and just parking on family or friends land. Most people can't afford what a mortgage costs.

Thankfully, last summer when we purchased a home, we got some of the lowest rates, but prices were still a little high. Now, prices and rates are even higher and I don't see rates getting better. :/
    It's all cyclical. People should just wait for the next housing bubble to burst

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s already starting, the tax man and insurance companies are collecting money based on those inflated sales prices. Most
    People didn’t allow for an extra 3 to 5 thousand dollars that it’s costing them . It’ll get a lot worse sooner than most people are willing to believe. Realtor’s and bankers created this bubble, just like the last one. I shouldn’t bitch to much about it though, I made out like a bandit in the last one and likely will this time as well.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    They are too small for most people. Kids and dogs, forget it. We just got some land and are going to build. Our plan is live on site in a camper. For me it's fine, hell compared to my room on the ship its a VIP presidential suite, my bride not so much. We will see.

Top Bottom