• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    That's when the rat says "Biotch! This is a ten rounder 22lr S&W... outrun this mofo!"
    There are fates worse than death. The rat could have loaded all ten rounds with shotshell and just blinded the s*** out of that cat and put him in a deep dark prison cell of his own making for the rest of his life

MarkS

Master
    There are fates worse than death. The rat could have loaded all ten rounds with shotshell and just blinded the s*** out of that cat and put him in a deep dark prison cell of his own making for the rest of his life

That’s what I did to the first deer I shot. I knew he couldn’t run off if he was blind and if I tried to swap shells he would run. So 12 gauge #6 shot to the face but he didn’t suffer long just long enough for me to eject the empty shell and put a 000 buckshot in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southalabama

Marksman
    That’s what I did to the first deer I shot. I knew he couldn’t run off if he was blind and if I tried to swap shells he would run. So 12 gauge #6 shot to the face but he didn’t suffer long just long enough for me to eject the empty shell and put a 000 buckshot in
    I get what you did but this quote came to mind,

There was one guy, but he don't shoot no more. A brutal sob. Most boys shoot to kill. He'd shoot to wound, wait till his friends come to help, kill them too. Turned one target into four. Men, women, children. Killed them by the hundreds. The other side wanted him. Bad. Finally narrowed his hide down to an abandoned six-story building. They quit the subtle tactics. They called in an artillery strike. Leveled a square block. Brought the building down on his ass. Some say he crawled out of there. Some say he died. Never heard from him no more.

Raven

Master
    I get what you did but this quote came to mind,

There was one guy, but he don't shoot no more. A brutal sob. Most boys shoot to kill. He'd shoot to wound, wait till his friends come to help, kill them too. Turned one target into four. Men, women, children. Killed them by the hundreds. The other side wanted him. Bad. Finally narrowed his hide down to an abandoned six-story building. They quit the subtle tactics. They called in an artillery strike. Leveled a square block. Brought the building down on his ass. Some say he crawled out of there. Some say he died. Never heard from him no more.
    War sucks. There's nothing nice about killing, any kind of killing. But going animal hunting is different than going to war. In war, success and failure is measured in how many men are killed by how many other men. Just because the sniper was higher trained and better at it than others and he used the pain of an enemy to kill exponentially more enemies, it doesn't make the pain and suffering wrong. It makes the sniper a better war fighting machine, and that kind of pain, suffering and death are legally and morally justified by the fact that the more men killed then the sooner the war is over, and so men's lives are saved by a faster more efficient higher kill rate of our fellow man. The difference is the deer wasn't an enemy. The deer's suffering wasn't prolonged and used as bait to kill more deer. We can not compare apples to oranges. They called the sniper brutal... how many innocents and combatants died when the whole city block got an artillery strike?

Last edited:

Southalabama

Marksman
    War sucks. There's nothing nice about killing, any kind of killing. But going animal hunting is different than going to war. In war, success and failure is measured in how many men are killed by how many other men. Just because the sniper was higher trained and better at it than others and he used the pain of an enemy to kill exponentially more enemies, it doesn't make the pain and suffering wrong. It makes the sniper a better war fighting machine, and that kind of pain, suffering and death are legally and morally justified by the fact that the more men killed then the sooner the war is over, and so men's lives are saved by a faster more efficient higher kill rate of our fellow man. The difference is the deer wasn't an enemy. The deer's suffering wasn't prolonged and used as bait to kill more deer. We can not compare apples to oranges. They called the sniper brutal... how many innocents and combatants died when the whole city block got an artillery strike?
    I get it bad comparison and I wasn’t literally comparing it.

The quote was first thing popped in my head from a great movie.

Still got the shovel.

Raven

Master
    I get it bad comparison and I wasn’t literally comparing it.

The quote was first thing popped in my head from a great movie.
    the best sniper movies ever, for sure
    Still got the shovel.
    That is one of the best sniper movies ever. For sure one of my favorites. There was a similar sniper scene in "Saving Private Ryan", wounding to attract more to shoot at. Make sure to watch the "Shot through the Heart" movie, about Yugoslavia. Same tactic was used by a military sniper there, while hunting civilian resistance around the city water supply. A sniper duel ensued, trying to stop the ethnic cleansing slaughter, pitting two snipers who were closer than brothers and best friends and fellow shooting sports competitors before the war... against each other

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    The deer's suffering wasn't prolonged and used as bait to kill more deer.

He suffered just long enough for me to eject the empty #6 and get the 00 buck in my hand loaded in my shotgun. Still got the gun it was my brother’s but I lost him 28 June 1975
    RIP Big Brother
    Richard Micheal Smith
    6/3/1956 - 6/28/1975

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom