Fudds at the camp are starting their nonsense again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    One of em saw me with my 10mm carbine and away they go. Had the same problem last year. I guess they think unless it's a aught 6 or tree o 8 bolt gun the deer will wander off after being shot. I'm gonna get a long case and leave it cased till I get to my stand. Any MSR always causes disruption in the camp. I did trick em with the x39 ruger though.
    And it's not like I'm shooting + 200 yards or anything, longest shot in mine or my bride's is 100.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So the same as the 1911's are the King.. black guns are junk plastic.. I carry a .45 because I only shoot once types?

Or is there a difference since this time it was rifles?

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No one understands that projectile selection and shot placement are THE most important thing, not rifle chambering... but most fudds don't want to hear that conversation. A gut shot deer with a magnum chambering and ballistic tip bullet will run just as far as a gut shot deer with that 10mm...

Central nervous system.

You'd need a tractor trailer to haul off all the deer I've killed with a neck shot from a 22lr or 17hmr

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    What’s wrong with John Moses Browning and 1911s?

It’s all bullet placement and bullet quality/weight IMHO.

GIGGLING

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    So the same as the 1911's are the King.. black guns are junk plastic.. I carry a .45 because I only shoot once types?

Or is there a difference since this time it was rifles?
    That's the funny part, nobody blinks when it's a pistol. Glock, 1911, 357, judge.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    No one understands that projectile selection and shot placement are THE most important thing, not rifle chambering... but most fudds don't want to hear that conversation. A gut shot deer with a magnum chambering and ballistic tip bullet will run just as far as a gut shot deer with that 10mm...

Central nervous system.

You'd need a tractor trailer to haul off all the deer I've killed with a neck shot from a 22lr or 17hmr

Thank you, my thoughts entirely. I'm not some doors that's gonna just blast. If I don't have a really good shot, I let em walk.

Tige

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Fudds at the camp are starting their nonsense again.​

Call me “Elmer”

Tige

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Exactly. I use my .308 but my choice shot is the base of the skull to knock out the C1/C2 bones. Drops them instantly, done it enough.
    I am originally from a small village in Alaska. There are a lot of Caribou harvested. Most of them were shot with a 22 Mag in the head.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Let the “Fudds” talk. Over the last 5 years, my go to guns are my Ruger M77/357 and Ruger M77/44. Out to 100 yards(longest most of my shooting lanes are) I have never had a deer or hog go more than just a couple steps or DRT. If I were shooting a power line or a big field, I would bring one of my .308’s, but I just don’t have the need 99% of the time.

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    One of em saw me with my 10mm carbine and away they go. Had the same problem last year. I guess they think unless it's a aught 6 or tree o 8 bolt gun the deer will wander off after being shot. I'm gonna get a long case and leave it cased till I get to my stand. Any MSR always causes disruption in the camp. I did trick em with the x39 ruger though.
    And it's not like I'm shooting + 200 yards or anything, longest shot in mine or my bride's is 100.
    Maybe...just maybe...they saw your reloading thread!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

o_O :eek: :p :D :D :D

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dang...you almost missed. Good thing she had a neck sticking up to catch that stray bullet. LOL!!!

:D
    Lol! She actually came in down wind and blew at me about 10 times.... after stomping around and raising hell she made the mistake of stepping out in to the beans. Does that blow are given no quarter by me.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    They're just jealous

Tovarish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It’s not a Hi-Point is it? If so, it’s not the caliber that’s the issue...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They are possibility trying to teach you "BANGERS" how to effectively and humanely kill deer.
    However you already know it all soooooo ?? ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The rule on the farm is, if you lose a deer from a bad shot you are done for the year. It works rather well , I’ve rarely had to enforce it . Twice in 20 or so years. There are plenty of deer and there’s no reason to take a risky shot
    40C2ADDF-4C8C-45C7-873F-BAB99F2C34D4.png
    E47FF054-7BCE-4A6A-870C-980B29D772AA.png
    1F70B387-8803-4449-B532-4B16A1599F51.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom