Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item K98 8mm Mauser rifle mfg in 1937

Location Crestview, willing to travel reasonable distance

Contact Info PM

Price $750 OBO

Item Description This is a ERMA MFG German K98 made in 1937. This is NOT a russian capture. It seems to be a bubba rescue. Numbers that match the receiver, including: ALL bolt pieces, trigger, mag, mag follower, front sight post, one of the receiver screws.
    Numbers that do not match: Rear sight and housing and stock. Reason I believe it is a sporter rescue is cause the stock is mismatched including the rear sight. There was also at some point what appears to be a Lyman TGT iron sight mounted on the rear of the receiver which required squaring the stripper clip guide and a couple of tap holes on the side of the rear of the receiver that is mostly covered by the now military stock. NO import marks on the rifle anywhere, this could be a GI bringback or it could be a pre 1968 import. Either way it is cool not to have them IMO. The restoration was done well and the rifle exhibits great patina and terrific bore for its age. The amount of matching pieces on the rifle is awesome and enough to make any collector smile. This rifle has Weimar Republic proof marks everywhere. (Stick Eagle). I have shot it and it shoots great!! Mechanically in excellent condition. Perfect for the re-enactor, or just to take it out and enjoy, although its only matching once......I am open to realistic offers and trades. Worst I will do is kindly decline. Some value this rifle higher and some lower, it all depends to who you are speaking to. To the guy that owns a 100% grand daddy bringback with a letter of providence, no rifle is worth anywhere where his is, if you do not have a 98k and are getting into them this IMO a better place to start than a Russian Capture example. Considering Russian Captures are going from 5-600 bucks these days for a rifle where nothing matches (well forced matched) this is a great example of what may be a GI bringback. Just no proof of that unfortunately. I hate to part ways with her but fun money does not grow on trees. I am a bit flexible in price but not too much. Don't expect it to sit for a week and I drop the price by $100, just not gonna happen. If you have been looking for one of these, here ya go and you know what you are getting.
    For due diligence I do require a bill of sale. Nothing crazy just the one that is a sticky here on the forum. It's a WW2 rifle so the likely hood of it being used in a crime is pretty low but all the same. CCW preferred of course
    Serious inquiries please PM and we can text, email or setup a time for inspection.
    Thanks for looking all

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
      DSC_0005.JPG
      140.4 KB · Views: 435
    • DSC_0006.JPG
      DSC_0006.JPG
      155.3 KB · Views: 442
    • DSC_0007.JPG
      DSC_0007.JPG
      320.8 KB · Views: 438
    • DSC_0008.JPG
      DSC_0008.JPG
      474.6 KB · Views: 443
    • DSC_0010.JPG
      DSC_0010.JPG
      356.4 KB · Views: 438
    • DSC_0009.JPG
      DSC_0009.JPG
      300.4 KB · Views: 438
    • DSC_0016.JPG
      DSC_0016.JPG
      275.2 KB · Views: 433
    • DSC_0019.JPG
      DSC_0019.JPG
      518.4 KB · Views: 435
    • DSC_0018.JPG
      DSC_0018.JPG
      215.7 KB · Views: 431
    • DSC_0023.JPG
      DSC_0023.JPG
      271.3 KB · Views: 426
    • DSC_0013.JPG
      DSC_0013.JPG
      248 KB · Views: 399
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Germans had been ignoring parts of the Treaty of Versailles for a while at the time 1937 came around. There were restrictions on which 7.92'57 were allowed to be made. Its not just the chamber, it also affects the bore lans and grooves. There is a J (I) and S are the most common. Since this rifle does not have import markings, one of the three letter for the true chabmer/bore might not be present either. Since there is recent history of it being shot I will be know what has "worked". This is nothing derogatory on a good Mauser, just a note to play safe.
    I had one of unknown chamber/bore and had to cast it to find out.

That old Measer taught me what a truly butter smooth bolt action cycled like and an appreciation for controled feed.
    GLWS
    WR

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm fairly certain the barrel is marked for the WW2 ammo. I'll have to look and post a pic. I've fired full power surplus thru it and it ran great, no bulges or cracks. And the bore is excellent on this example

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump. Surely someone needs a historic German rifle in their life. Offer or trades fellas

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Weekend bump. Offer or trade fellas. Not the type that gets offended, I just kindly pass.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today only price drop 670. Short notice deal need fun money for. Goes back up tomorrow.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom