• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Makes me want to go faster so he has less chance of an aim!

Attachments

• IMG_20200522_143751576.jpg
      IMG_20200522_143751576.jpg
      980.9 KB · Views: 244
    • IMG_20200522_143814680.jpg
      IMG_20200522_143814680.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 248

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looks like some liberal commie neighborhood. Or the gate to NAS Pensacola

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Guy has one of them "hit my kid" signs out on 10mile rd right before it gets to Chamuckla Hwy. I go by that way going hunting.
    It is a wide tar road. --- SAWMAN

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those quiet types are the ones to worry about. That guy is talking out his rear and has the signs to prove it

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In suburban areas it can be an issue for people taking short cuts through neighborhoods exceeding speed limits to avoid a congested turn or hwy. Since my street is a connector between woodbine and chumuckla that can be a problem People like to walk that almost two miles or so, especially in the evening. There are speed bumps, but some still fly over them above the posted 25MPH limit.
    One of my neighbors really got angry at a another neighbor that did not yield for them as pedestrians. They walk their dogs every morning on the series of connecting roads. He banged on the guy's car as it went by with his other hand in his pocket on his pistol. The man stopped the two had words and now that other neighbor yields to go around them.
    So far the only fatalities in that area of Pace that I know of are on Chumuckla and Woodbine. The worst one killed three waiting in a turn lane to go left into the woodbine springs subdivision. Druged out crazy. being tailed by a the police. running the center turn lane plowed into them killing all three women. They also managed to kill a bicycle rider there.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In suburban areas it can be an issue for people taking short cuts through neighborhoods exceeding speed limits to avoid a congested turn or hwy. Since my street is a connector between woodbine and chumuckla that can be a problem People like to walk that almost two miles or so, especially in the evening. There are speed bumps, but some still fly over them above the posted 25MPH limit.
    One of my neighbors really got angry at a another neighbor that did not yield for them as pedestrians. They walk their dogs every morning on the series of connecting roads. He banged on the guy's car as it went by with his other hand in his pocket on his pistol. The man stopped the two had words and now that other neighbor yields to go around them.
    So far the only fatalities in that area of Pace that I know of are on Chumuckla and Woodbine. The worst one killed three waiting in a turn lane to go left into the woodbine springs subdivision. Druged out crazy. being tailed by a the police. running the center turn lane plowed into them killing all three women. They also managed to kill a bicycle rider there.

Hit my truck because you don't like something I did and I'll hit your teeth and let you pick them up. You can come talk to me like a man or get beat like a bitch your choice

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hit my truck because you don't like something I did and I'll hit your teeth and let you pick them up. You can come talk to me like a man or get beat like a bitch your choice
    Out of curiosity how would you talk to someone like a man that was driving away from you unless you manage to get them to stop. Also if someone with a vehicle missed you and your wife by inches, what would your reaction be. In Florida to attack someone in their middle 70's 'I'll hit your teeth and let you pick them up ' is a felony last I time I checked. I would not have banged on his car as it drove by, but I understand why he did and this was not first time that car had missed them by inches. I always pull way over to the other side when I pass pedestrians as does nearly everybody else that I see.
    I guess he should have taken the plate number and called the police and filed a complaint.
    He knows where the other fellow lives. That other man lives two hundred yards from me on 8 acres, but I have never seen him or talked since there is 100 yards of forested creek between us. If I climb up about 20-30 ft up I can see part of his house on the other side of the creek, The fellow that did the car banging lives on 4 acres near me and about the same distance from the driver. He is retired navy, submarines.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Out of curiosity how would you talk to someone like a man that was driving away from you unless you manage to get them to stop. Also if someone with a vehicle missed you and your wife by inches, what would your reaction be. In Florida to attack someone in their middle 70's 'I'll hit your teeth and let you pick them up ' is a felony last I time I checked. I would not have banged on his car as it drove by, but I understand why he did and this was not first time that car had missed them by inches. I always pull way over to the other side when I pass pedestrians as does nearly everybody else that I see.
    I guess he should have taken the plate number and called the police and filed a complaint.
    He knows where the other fellow lives. That other man lives two hundred yards from me on 8 acres, but I have never seen him or talked since there is 100 yards of forested creek between us. If I climb up about 20-30 ft up I can see part of his house on the other side of the creek, The fellow that did the car banging lives on 4 acres near me and about the same distance from the driver. He is retired navy, submarines.

You said they were neighbors, is it that hard to walk over and talk instead of being an asshole and hitting someone's vehicle and then acting like a pistol in your pocket is some kind of talisman. That is how you get your ass beat and there is no shortage of people who will have that exact reaction.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Keep your shit eaters (kids and dogs) out of the street and they won't get ran over...

Acting like a tough guy with signs in your yard is a good way to find out how tough you think you are

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The speed limit here is 30, but people would come through at 50,60, even 70 so I stretched some large rope across the roadway years ago to create a speed bump, I did it in 4 separate places. Someone *cough* the local VFD captain *cough* moved it so I bent some rebar into a U and hammered it into the side of the roadway with the rope under it so he couldn’t move it again. When the local county sheriff showed up I explained the situation, he advised me not to do it. I told him I can’t promise that since they can’t or won’t put in the effort to slow down the idiots that fly by here. The funniest part was him trying to cut that 3” diameter rope with his pocket cutter, after what seemed like 30 minutes of watching him attempt to saw It, I told him I would move it. Figured he had more important matters to attend.
    Since then I have called the county to inquire about speed bumps, basically they won’t. I was pretty much told to call the county sheriff to get patrols increased through my neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The speed limit here is 30, but people would come through at 50,60, even 70 so I stretched some large rope across the roadway years ago to create a speed bump, I did it in 4 separate places. Someone *cough* the local VFD captain *cough* moved it so I bent some rebar into a U and hammered it into the side of the roadway with the rope under it so he couldn’t move it again. When the local county sheriff showed up I explained the situation, he advised me not to do it. I told him I can’t promise that since they can’t or won’t put in the effort to slow down the idiots that fly by here. The funniest part was him trying to cut that 3” diameter rope with his pocket cutter, after what seemed like 30 minutes of watching him attempt to saw It, I told him I would move it. Figured he had more important matters to attend.
    Since then I have called the county to inquire about speed bumps, basically they won’t. I was pretty much told to call the county sheriff to get patrols increased through my neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speed Bump installation. In Santa Rosa County, the county will not now normally pay for them except in special circumstances. There was a time when they would pays for it like they did back in the 90's on my street. At that time we was were ask to signed something saying that we agreed to the request and most did. It was requested to the BOCC. Right now a lot of neighborhoods want them and the BOCC is not installing such without someone else paying for them.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Those 3 women that died were a friend of mines friends. The husband is the survivor(not in accident) of his wife and daughters. Shook their whole family and the racing community. He was a well respected employee and friend from emerald coast dragway.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Banging on someone's vehicle with your pistol in hand is the same type of person that has this sign in their yard, in my opinion. That's just looking to get in trouble. YOU initiated the incident, but then claim self defense when you shoot that same person. Avoid confrontation all together.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You said they were neighbors, is it that hard to walk over and talk instead of being an asshole and hitting someone's vehicle and then acting like a pistol in your pocket is some kind of talisman. That is how you get your ass beat and there is no shortage of people who will have that exact reaction.
    They were both wrong.
    I will not say much more on the topic except to show where the three of us live. I would not walk down the other fellow's drive way and unless you want to cut locks or climb gates and deal with dogs you do not come down mine. The car driver is on the other side of the creek. My drive way is 500 feet and his is longer. The dog walker is bottom south east. No one walks across the creek.
    map of neighbors.JPG

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They were both wrong.
    I will not say much more on the topic except to show where the three of us live. I would not walk down the other fellow's drive way and unless you want to cut locks or climb gates and deal with dogs you do not come down mine. The car driver is on the other side of the creek. My drive way is 500 feet and his is longer. The dog walker is bottom south east. No one walks across the creek.
    View attachment 84916
    No doubt they were both wrong, but that doesn't give him reason to hit his car or hold his gun like he's going to actually do something. The guy sounds like a pathetic loser. Maybe I'm just grumpy.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hahaha. When the wife and I were looking at houses down in the midway area to buy 10 years ago, I specifically told the Realtor, NOTHING ON OR OFF AMERICA AVENUE or the neighborhoods adjoining it. I refused to so much as even look down the road. When I was 17 I delivered pizzas to that neighborhood and found out real quick that I'd never want to live there. I lucked out and got a foreclosure behind the NAPA which worked out perfectly.

Top Bottom