• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hello all:

I have a small framing and drywall job. Need to frame up 2 walls install doors and drywall- one 5 feet and one 10 feet long.

There is a window hole that needs to be filled on an interior wall, and some openings at the top of the walls.

Let me know your recommendations.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife and I tried to find reputable sheet rock installers to repair walls and ceilings in her family home in Panama City. Most repairs from Hurricane Michael had been done to the home. It seems all the work by the pros is being done on condos and government housing. The cost of building materials was eating into the insurance return, so we decided with the distance, our ages, and all the attendant factors, it was a good time to sell it, "as is." Time to move on. Maybe a sign of the times, or the workers got their "stimmie" checks.

Good luck!

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife and I tried to find reputable sheet rock installers to repair walls and ceilings in her family home in Panama City. Most repairs from Hurricane Michael had been done to the home. It seems all the work by the pros is being done on condos and government housing. The cost of building materials was eating into the insurance return, so we decided with the distance, our ages, and all the attendant factors, it was a good time to sell it, "as is." Time to move on. Maybe a sign of the times, or the workers got their "stimmie" checks.

Good luck!

Tell me, trying to find anyone to fix something or fix stuff right around Panama City right now is a nightmare.

We had our AC replaced the same day our roof was done. The AC people didn't seal around the inside unit, they left a large space between the unit and upstairs attic.

The unit was sucking superheated air from attic, and condensation was dripping from all the registers. As a result, needless to say, all our ductwork became saturated, and needs replaced.

They came back out to diagnose what the AC issue was, said there's your issue, you need to seal around it and left. They took no responsibility for it at all. Now we are looking at $5,000.00 - $6,000.00 for ductwork replacement, and around $4,000.00 in drywall work to fix the issue. Thing is some of the drywall that must come down now has already been replaced.

My wife has been looking for someone to gut an exterior wall, take two sliding doors out, do some re-framing and put one sliding door in, in the center and put the drywall up. No luck thus far, a couple no shows on the estimate part, and one guy who quoted us, did some earlier drywall work and we were not impressed.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I may be able to get the drywall covered if you find a framer. I'll make a call first thing in the morning and see what I can gather up

Gunsite

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Look up Joesph Payne on his facebook as he can do both plus he goes to church with me or pm me your cell and I will have him call.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you can't find anyone soon I may be able to do it. I buy, renovate and flip homes so have done things like what you need many times. However I am working on one of my flips and must get that completed first. Should have it done about the end of this month. If you haven't had it done by then let me know. Can also show you the house I'm doing now so you can see my work.

Top Bottom