• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Hoping to plant a seed here that grows into awareness of where your hard-earned money ultimately ends up. Unless one is living in denial, maybe intentional ignorance, there is no doubt money, and what it can provide, drives this world from top to bottom. So, here goes:

Many in our local area are aware that Tom Thumb convenience stores have been sold and rebranded as Cumberland Farms. If not, you know now. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...set-to-rebrand-to-cumberland-farms/ar-AAV2YBk

Who is/are Cumberland Farms? Sounds so wholesome and American, right? Lets give 'em our money, we need gas, coffee, smokes, and besides, my friend/family member of choice works there, oh, and it's right along my way... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumberland_Farms

Yeah, but, not so much. Enter EG Group based in the UK. You know, those folks we left behind to create America? Yep, that's the company that ultimately holds Cumberland Farms. https://cstoredecisions.com/2019/07/31/uks-eg-group-buys-cumberland-farms-c-store-chain/

You may think you are supporting a "local" business, but any profit is going to end up in the UK. Choose wisely, or global on. Your call.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Or we can spend our money with RaceWay, y'all know where they are from.
    It ends up being like the last pick in the draft. Give your money to the best of the worst. Lol
    Also circle k to choose from, not sure who owns them or where they are based. None really convenient on my normal route so I don't shop in one often.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Or we can spend our money with RaceWay, y'all know where they are from.
    It ends up being like the last pick in the draft. Give your money to the best of the worst. Lol
    Also circle k to choose from, not sure who owns them or where they are based. None really convenient on my normal route so I don't shop in one often.
    Pilot and flying J and buccees are US owned.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    If only shopping locally was an option. Corporate America doesn’t exactly hold the morals and standards that you would expect from your local mom and pop.

IronBeard

Master
    That's good to know...they are building a new CEFCO close to me right now.
    98 and East Bay? I try to plan my gas stops to hit a CEFCO. I believe the gas station on Hurlburt just switched to Valero(?), but there is also a CEFCO out the back gate.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    The little store with the subway is done for. Too late to sell now.
    I get much of my gas there. I like the idea of CEFCO, but I don't know about their prices. I'd honestly never noticed them before this one started going up.

...and if they sell CITGO gas, that's a deal breaker for me.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Is citgo still venezuelan?
    Yes, if google is up to date.

eta -
    CITGO has 3,700 employees and is owned by CITGO Holding, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA), the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom