• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrianK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    At the range today shooting my fnx 45 for the first time. Has a vortex venom red dot.
    It shoots factory loads fine no issues but i have a crap ton of reloads that i am trying to shoot and it has a failure to eject every time. I am assuming they are relatively light loads. Back story they are reloads from my dad and i cannot read the specs on the load itself. Lead semiwadcutters.
    Guy next to me had a 1911 and i gave him a few rounds to shoot and they cycled fine no problems.

Question is do you think if i remove the red dot it will cycle? The red dot does have some weight to it and i did not have the tools to remove the red dot at the range.
    Just curious on opinions.
    Thanks
    Brian
    65846ea0014589bb4af67d4619b930f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Removing the red dot might have an effect. However, the greatest impact would come from leaving the slide locked back for a period of time as suggested by Shadowload.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I just saw this thread after starting one of my own. I'm having the same issue.

BrianK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Thats exaclty what mine is doing.
    I have been keeping the slide locked back.
    I guess i need to pick up a few g17 springs to go in my fnx lol

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    I was not aware of the Glock 17 spring hack. It sounds like a better idea than locking the slide back for long periods.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Well my M&P45 recoil spring assembly was much too long. And my XDM45 doesn't have a captured spring system. But my G22 recoil spring assembly was a direct drop in! Except the FNX recoil spring assembly won't fit the Glock. The guide rod is thicker.
    The FNX with the G22 spring has a much lighter slide pull. Should I be concerned about the Plastic guide rod? I think I'm going to try it!

BrianK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Got back to the range today. FNX is starting to function better with the reloads. Will cycle them barely but will not lock the slide back with the occasional stove pipe. Opens just enough to eject casing (just enough that it falls on my hand) and grab another. Prob put 50 to 75 reloads thru it and maybe 100 factory loads today. Factory runs flawlessly.
    Have not replaced the spring, but have been locking the slide back for a few days at a time and have been running the slide manually alot.
    Thinking it just needs to be shot more and get it broken in and i think the slide will eventually loosen up enough to eat my reloads.

Top Bottom