• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Other than take revenue away from the State, what does permit less concealed carry do for the people of Florida? How will it effect firearms procurements?
    Not much...

If I recall correctly, those who maintain a permit will still get out of the three-day wait, those who don't, won't, but beyond that, we'll just be getting our rights violated free of charge going forward : )

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

On Feb 7, 2023; Florida's gun owners heard the call put out by Gun Owners of America for Open Carry to be added to the bill. Well, they were loud and proud! As a unified voice, they told the House's Constitutional Rights, Rule of Law & Government Operations Subcommittee that they want Open Carry added to the legislation. Contact Governor Ron DeSantis at (850) 488-7146 and tell him you want Open Carry added to HB543 & SB150 so they become real Constitutional Carry bills!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Other than take revenue away from the State, what does permit less concealed carry do for the people of Florida? How will it effect firearms procurements?

That “revenue” is ill-begotten blood-money, and the State should be able to function without it. Zero F’s given about that “loss”. If there’s a budget “crisis”, I can think of PLENTY of BS social programs that could trim the fat.

As for the people of Florida, if you happen to be a legal-to-own-firearms soul who doesn’t have a permit, well now you can carry concealed “legally”.

It doesn’t help “procure” firearms, but it might remove some mental roadblocks for a small segment of the population to start carrying.

Overall, a small “gain” for 2A, but the mis-labeling and propoganda may cause more headaches than it’s worth.

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UPDATE: IT IS NOW A TWO-DAY BACK-TO-BACK EVENT OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS

Again, the MORE FOLKS THAT SHOW UP AND TELL LAWMAKERS WE WANT OPEN CARRY ADDED TO THE BILL, THE BETTER CHANCE WE'LL HAVE AT GETTING IT

IF YOU SIT ON SIDELINES AND DON'T GET INTO THE GAME, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU WIN OR LOSE.

SO GET IN THE GAME!

I NEED YOU AT THE CAPITOL ON FEBRUARY 20 AT 3PM AND ON FEBRUARY 21 AT 8AM TO FIGHT FOR A REAL CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY BILL!

SB_150_Feb_20_notice_jpg-2710711.JPG

Senate Criminal Justice Committee Feb. 20 Agenda

The Senate's Criminal Justice Committee is scheduled to hear SB 150 on February 20, 2023 at 3PM at the State Capitol. SB 150 is Senate version of the incomplete Constitutional Carry bill that was foisted upon us by RINOs. Why is SB 150 also incomplete? Simple, the bill doesn't have Open Carry!

When: Monday, February 20, 2023 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
    Where: Senate's Criminal Justice Committee
    Location: Pat Thomas Committee Room (Room 412 Knott Building), 400 Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
    CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING BILL: SB 150 by Collins - Public Safety

The Florida House also now has scheduled their version, HB 543, to have its second hearing in the Judiciary Committee at 8AM the next day. Tuesday February 21.

hb_542_part_2_jpg-2711689.JPG

House Judiciary Committee Feb. 21 Agenda

When: Tuesday, February 21, 2023 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
    Where: House's Judiciary Committee
    Location: Sumner Hall (Room 404 House Office Building), 400 Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
    CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING BILL: PCS for HB 543 - Public Safety

Gun Owners of America had a great turnout during the last Committee hearing in the House. Florida's gun owners were loud and proud in demanding Open Carry be added to the House version of the bill, HB 543.

Let's Rally for REAL Constitutional Carry!

Well, I need you to be even louder this go around!

I need you to be at the Capitol and speak to the Committees and tell them that you want Open Carry as part of this bill.

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FLORIDA SENATE:

Register to speak by clicking HERE
    . It takes you straight to the Senate's appearance form. Unlike the Florida House, you cannot register electronically for the Senate. You must print the appearance form and present it in person to the Senate Sergeant At Arms at the committee chambers.

Please complete the appearance form as instructed, print it, and present it in person to the Committee.

FL_Senate_Appearence_Card_jpg-2710714.JPG

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FLORIDA HOUSE:

. It takes you straight to the House's appearance form. Unlike the Florida Senate, YOU CAN register electronically to speak. When completed, you get a PDF receipt showing that you registered for the committee.

Please complete the appearance form as instructed, print it, and present it in person to the Committee.

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SPEAK_jpg-2711692.JPG

It will then refresh and on the bottom you should have this:

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SPEAK_PART-2711693.JPG

Then you will have this pop up:

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SPEAK_PART-2711696.JPG

Complete it as shown and you'll be registered to speak.

I KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE CAN SHOW UP. BUT FOR THE HOUSE, YOU CAN SUBMIT ELECTRONIC COMMENTS TO THE COMMITTEE ON WHERE YOU STAND WITH THE BILL. HERE ARE THE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COMPLETE THE COMMENTARY:

First, register to as if you were going to speak by clicking HERE.
    It takes you straight to the House's appearance form.

Please complete as instructed, this process allows you to submit commentary.

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SUBMIT_COM-2711697.JPG

After that, the comment screen should pop up:

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SUBMIT_COM-2711698.JPG

Complete it as shown and your comment will be registered with the committee.

Here is the information that will help you attend this import hearing:

For parking, go to Kleman Plaza Parking Garage (306 S Duval St, Tallahassee, FL 32301). It is next to the State Capitol Complex.

parking_jpg-2693600.JPG

Additionally, since this is a legislative meeting, per FL Statute Chapter 790, firearms cannot be carried into the committee chambers. If you wish to speak, you cannot have a firearm or weapon on your person.

I hope see you there. Remember, our national motto is "e pluribus unum," which is Latin for "out of many, one." Working together, speaking loudly with ONE voice, we can get a real Constitutional Carry bill with Open Carry as part of it passed.

Again, YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE APPEARING IF YOU WANT TO SPEAK!

P.S. Please share this alert to every Florida Patriot that you know and donate to Gun Owners of America.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    UPDATE: IT IS NOW A TWO-DAY BACK-TO-BACK EVENT OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS

Again, the MORE FOLKS THAT SHOW UP AND TELL LAWMAKERS WE WANT OPEN CARRY ADDED TO THE BILL, THE BETTER CHANCE WE'LL HAVE AT GETTING IT

IF YOU SIT ON SIDELINES AND DON'T GET INTO THE GAME, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU WIN OR LOSE.

SO GET IN THE GAME!

I NEED YOU AT THE CAPITOL ON FEBRUARY 20 AT 3PM AND ON FEBRUARY 21 AT 8AM TO FIGHT FOR A REAL CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY BILL!

SB_150_Feb_20_notice_jpg-2710711.JPG

Senate Criminal Justice Committee Feb. 20 Agenda

The Senate's Criminal Justice Committee is scheduled to hear SB 150 on February 20, 2023 at 3PM at the State Capitol. SB 150 is Senate version of the incomplete Constitutional Carry bill that was foisted upon us by RINOs. Why is SB 150 also incomplete? Simple, the bill doesn't have Open Carry!

When: Monday, February 20, 2023 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
    Where: Senate's Criminal Justice Committee
    Location: Pat Thomas Committee Room (Room 412 Knott Building), 400 Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
    CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING BILL: SB 150 by Collins - Public Safety

The Florida House also now has scheduled their version, HB 543, to have its second hearing in the Judiciary Committee at 8AM the next day. Tuesday February 21.

hb_542_part_2_jpg-2711689.JPG

House Judiciary Committee Feb. 21 Agenda

When: Tuesday, February 21, 2023 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
    Where: House's Judiciary Committee
    Location: Sumner Hall (Room 404 House Office Building), 400 Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
    CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING BILL: PCS for HB 543 - Public Safety

Gun Owners of America had a great turnout during the last Committee hearing in the House. Florida's gun owners were loud and proud in demanding Open Carry be added to the House version of the bill, HB 543.

Let's Rally for REAL Constitutional Carry!

Well, I need you to be even louder this go around!

I need you to be at the Capitol and speak to the Committees and tell them that you want Open Carry as part of this bill.

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FLORIDA SENATE:

. It takes you straight to the Senate's appearance form. Unlike the Florida House, you cannot register electronically for the Senate. You must print the appearance form and present it in person to the Senate Sergeant At Arms at the committee chambers.

FL_Senate_Appearence_Card_jpg-2710714.JPG

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FLORIDA HOUSE:

. It takes you straight to the House's appearance form. Unlike the Florida Senate, YOU CAN register electronically to speak. When completed, you get a PDF receipt showing that you registered for the committee.

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SPEAK_PART-2711696.JPG

Complete it as shown and you'll be registered to speak.

I KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE CAN SHOW UP. BUT FOR THE HOUSE, YOU CAN SUBMIT ELECTRONIC COMMENTS TO THE COMMITTEE ON WHERE YOU STAND WITH THE BILL. HERE ARE THE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COMPLETE THE COMMENTARY:

First, register to as if you were going to speak by clicking HERE.
    It takes you straight to the House's appearance form.

Please complete as instructed, this process allows you to submit commentary.

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SUBMIT_COM-2711697.JPG

After that, the comment screen should pop up:

hb_542_part_2_INSTRUCTIONS_TO_SUBMIT_COM-2711698.JPG

Complete it as shown and your comment will be registered with the committee.

Here is the information that will help you attend this import hearing:

For parking, go to Kleman Plaza Parking Garage (306 S Duval St, Tallahassee, FL 32301). It is next to the State Capitol Complex.

parking_jpg-2693600.JPG

Additionally, since this is a legislative meeting, per FL Statute Chapter 790, firearms cannot be carried into the committee chambers. If you wish to speak, you cannot have a firearm or weapon on your person.

I hope see you there. Remember, our national motto is "e pluribus unum," which is Latin for "out of many, one." Working together, speaking loudly with ONE voice, we can get a real Constitutional Carry bill with Open Carry as part of it passed.

Again, YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE APPEARING IF YOU WANT TO SPEAK!

P.S. Please share this alert to every Florida Patriot that you know and donate to Gun Owners of America.

One question: The Senate notice states deadlines for amendments is Feb. 17th... is that the deadline for amending the bill, or for amending meeting rules? Thanks!

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One question: The Senate notice states deadlines for amendments is Feb. 17th... is that the deadline for amending the bill, or for amending meeting rules? Thanks!
    Submitting amendments to amend the bill. But being this is the first committee meeting for the Senate and that it is before the next House committee.... it doesn't matter, the greater the turnout, the better chance the bill is amended in the House or Senate when it is on the floor. Because both bills will have to go through reconciliation.

The entire goal is to foment PUBLIC PRESSURE on lawmakers to where they know if they don't follow through with what the public wants. It could prove poorly for them and the Governor.

Everything right now is being reported to DeSantis and he is taking it all in for his 2024 campaign. He knows if this doesn't win over gun owners. He'll look bad. So if the turnout is still everyone saying "this bill doesn't do enough, we want Open Carry". He'll speak to legislative leadership and tell them to amend the bill and include it.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok. I failed to make the point about confusing the issue. Government gun control and efforts to stop it, with open/ true Constitutional carry. Then there are those that want to confuse everything and throw unrelated issues into the discussion.
    I wasn't trying to start a debate about those choices, quite the opposite. The point is that despite my personal beliefs on it, the importance lies in the constitution and the government's tyranny. Should have just not said anything about it.

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Direct Mailer Campaign is live. Sent these to registered voters listed addressed in the House Speaker's and Senate President's districts.

fly_two_png-2713332.JPG

fly_one_png-2713333.JPG

Yup, registered Republican voters in their districts are getting these in their physical mailboxes.

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I Remember when they passed open carry in Miami years ago. It went away in short order with good reason it was like the wild Wild West except the cowboys didn’t know anything about guns or common sense insanity!
    Beached

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I Remember when they passed open carry in Miami years ago. It went away in short order with good reason it was like the wild Wild West except the cowboys didn’t know anything about guns or common sense insanity!
    Beached
    sounds like an anti-gun member. Passing open carry is necessary to prevent government from restricting basic rights.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All that will happen here is the "establishment" will replace "constitutional" with "permitless."

Why? Tourism. Money. NFATT.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're doing that right now. The current bill is permitless concealed carry only.
    Yes, and I say again, adnauseum. Tourism. Money.

I admire your passion and optimism, but those two things rule and run this state, and those "elected" to administer it. There is no other industry/money source in this dtate that compares to tourism. Tourism, the money it provides, and the lifestyles that money enables, places well above the "rights" of state residents; employees of the tourism industry.

We can "talk/speak" all we want against bills/peices of paper. No one, De Santis included, who benefits/profits from tourism is ever going to allow open carry in Florida. The fact they allow anyone a few minutes to voice their opinion is nothing more than allowing a child to finish crying over a decision already made. JMO.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All that will happen here is the "establishment" will replace "constitutional" with "permitless."

Why? Tourism. Money. NFATT.
    Most likely. Stopped in a couple of local dealers yesterday and asked them what they thought about the bill. Got something along the lines of "Well, there are a lot of stupid people out there, so open carry is not a good idea. Besides, most rural Sheriffs won't bother you if you do, anyway." Well, maybe...

I should have mentioned that I've been arrested once in my life, over thirty years ago, and it was for "open carrying" even though I had a permit and wasn't "open carrying". I had actually just been assaulted by a lunatic (and the cops saw this) who had been chasing me all over town for about 25 minutes. He was shooed from the scene within two minutes... they never even looked in his car... and I went down because I "had a gun". OK, it turned out that I had eight(?) firearms in the car once she (a rookie female) finally found a way to arrest me and they searched my car (I had spent the entire day traveling to/from and at a gun show).

Long story, but the only "funny" part was this: I ended up with six or eight cops on the scene, and none of them seemed interested in arresting me except for the rookie female. She was actually thumbing through the Florida Law Enforcement Handbook trying to find a way to get me. Note that I already owned my own copy of the Handbook prior to this.

There was one cop there who was the most verbally abusive, saying things like: "What are you? A gun-runner? An assassin? It's people like you that make our jobs hell!" And I was in a kickin' Mercedes that looked to be worth ten times what it actually was, so... (pic below... hey! At least I still have those binoculars!) Note also that all the cops... and the lunatic... were of Cuban descent (this was in Coral Gables) and I of course am a card-carrying "Gringo" : )

Anyway, about a year later, I'm tooling through Coral Gables... again, late at night and in the same car... a Saturday, actually, with a tag that expired on Friday, when guess who pulled me over? YEP. He was basically cool about it, just giving me a verbal warning... I don't think he even got out of the car, we were just talking out the windows. Then a Sergeant pulled up (a Gringo... yay!).

The Sarge asks the other cop "Everything OK here?" The "smart-ass" cop replied:

"Yeah. We just got 'Mr. Gun' here. Last time we pulled him over, he had fifteen guns in the car!"

I responded "It was not fifteen, it was twelve!" (remember: I think the total was eight... two can play that game! : )

And then we all went on our merry ways : )

Attachments

• Scoping it Out_NTresreduce.jpg
      Scoping it Out_NTresreduce.jpg
      349.5 KB · Views: 42
    Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Fired off another one to DeSantis... see if you think THIS will get his goat (AS IF anyone is even going to see it! : )

(subject line) "Woke Carry" bills SB 150 and HB 543...

Gov. DeSantis,

Want a pro-tip on how to seriously ding your political career? Sign a bill that doesn't include an open-carry option. I say "Woke Carry", because it reminds me of the "Woke Mob's" version of "freedom of speech": You're free to say whatever you want, as long as no one can hear you!

As these bills stand, our right to keep and bear arms is protected, as long as our firearm can be hidden in our underwears, where no one can see it... the perfect analogy!

Or maybe "Woke Carry" isn't the best description. Maybe it's "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Carry". Because it's going to upset a

Diverse chunk of the electorate,

Equally turning off voters on the left and the right,

Including a large chunk of your most ardent potential supporters... like myself.

You... and the Citizens of Florida... will gain nothing if these bills become law minus a provision for open carry.

Open carry is not ideal in all circumstances, but it is the only viable option in some instances, and I could give examples, pro and con, all day. But if a Citizen is not enough of an adult to know which to choose in any given circumstance, maybe they shouldn't be carrying anyway, and we should just stick with the current permitting scheme with its laughable training requirements... if that is your opinion of the majority of your fellow Floridians.

A short excerpt from an article (linked below), referring to statements made thirty-six years ago... in 1987:

"NRA lobbyist Marion Hammer initially fought the open carry ban, explaining that allowing state wide open carry was not a loophole but a carefully planned and considered provision of the carry laws. NRA then announced that they would not fight the open carry ban at that time but pick up the issue during the next regular legislative session."

https://www.floridacarry.org/issues...141-janet-reno-s-ban-on-open-carry-in-florida
    Janet Reno's Ban on Open Carry in Florida
    The Open Carry Ban that Janet Reno so skillfully lobbied for still stands in Florida. What has not lasted are the 1987 predictions of gun control advocates. In fact, crime is down dramatically in Florida since carrying a firearm became legal in public. Citiziens lawfully carrying handguns has been proven effective in reducing violent crime that many in law enforcement have changed their tune on the matter. The "Shall-Issue" concealed carry movement that started in Florida has been so successful that it has spread to most of the country. Nationwide, violent crime is down everywhere that carrying a handgun has become common.
    www.floridacarry.org

So, after waiting thirty-six years for this, and having been born in Florida over sixty years ago, I'm wondering whether one of the 47 states with at least some form of open carry provision might be a better fit for me. It shouldn't be this way. Tell the legislators that you will only sign this into law if it includes open carry, since that is what we were promised: Constitutional Carry, NOT "Permitless Concealed Carry"!

(Note that this first consultation is given free of charge, but any further efforts on my part would require my being duly compensated! : )

Sincerely,

DustyDog
    GCGF

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah I do not like open carry, nor really permitless carry. I understand the arguments but the thought of anyone carrying anywhere with no training seems dangerous and reckless to me. Yes I carry 24/7, concealed and have for a very long time, but looking at the general population and saying, strap them on boys and girls, no experience, no training, it scares me

Members online

Top Bottom