• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I've posted adnauseum. Tourism. Money. This state, IMO, will not, at least in my lifetime ever enact/repeal any law/legislation that will endanger/jeopardize either. Typical politics; tell the base what they want to hear, do what you were told/had planned, then make excuses; we'll keep "fighting" for you.... BS. Why I make it a practice to "vote" against any incumbent that has 1, not impressed the hell outta me. 2, is not consistently attacked/hated by leftists. Anyone else is just part of the establishment, IMO.

To end, DeSantis is nearing a tipping point with me. Watching and listening closely....

Last edited:

TGuns1451

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the questions on officers hiring examine yrs ago in a county in KY asked if a man was walking a deer on a leash down the road with a gun slung over his arm and a pistol on his side what would be your PC to stop and have a chat with him. The deer on the lease was the crime lol! There's nothing wrong with people carrying guns around 1 point in America that used to be as common as seeing people with a cell phone in their hand now a days. My thoughts if thieves and robbers know anyone could have a gun any where they want at any time they would second guess their line of work and life choices.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I open carry when hunting, fishing. Chest rig. After the day is over we head to waffle house or somewhere else. Been there 100's of times, only stopped and interacted with once. Guy wanted to know how I liked the holster and where I got it. God bless alabama.

TGuns1451

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a guy who carries his AR and a fishing pole all over Fl because we can open carry on the way to hunt or fish and while doing so by law. So he packs an AR and a Penn lol. Mostly does it to get reactions from local law enforcement and let them l know that law and that it's wrong to assume someone armed is nothing more then a sportsmen minding his business.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I open carry when hunting, fishing. Chest rig. After the day is over we head to waffle house or somewhere else. Been there 100's of times, only stopped and interacted with once. Guy wanted to know how I liked the holster and where I got it. God bless alabama.
    There you go... there are PLENTY of situations where open-carry is preferable. And keep in mind, Florida currently allows open-carry when hunting, fishing, camping, and traveling to/from... supposedly. I've considered putting one of those little collapsible fishing-poles in my car : ) And logic tells you, if one or the other should require a permit, it is concealed that should, NOT open-carry. The Florida bill would make more sense if it made OPEN carry permitless, and kept the permit requirement for concealed! Concealed-carry is a form of subterfuge, and thus it would make more sense to vet concealed carriers, not open-carriers.

On a side note, in the early '90s in Miami, I used to carry at times in a Harley "Wild West" pouch (in part because I rode a lot), which somewhat resembled a flap holster, but was not. The pistol was completely concealed within and, of course, I could have had anything in there.

I was sitting at the counter at a Denny's one night (I was driving my car), wearing the pouch, when a cop came up and questioned me about it. There were two of them, and the Cuban was concerned, the American couldn't have cared less. I ended up moving over to their booth (at his request; they sat on one side with myself on the other) and having a long discussion about what "concealed from ordinary sight" meant. Simply, it means you cannot lay eyes on it... the pistol, not the pouch. If you carry in a purse, you don't have to conceal the purse. If you carry in a fanny pack, you don't have to conceal the fanny pack. And if you carry under a shirt, it doesn't even matter if you are obviously printing... you cannot see the pistol, only a bulge that seems to resemble one. It has nothing to do with what you think or assume I may be carrying. As I told him, I could have a block of wood or my wallet in there... you cannot see it.

It ended with the worried one asking me to take the pistol out to my car to make him "feel better". I told him that not having to leave my gun in the car was one of the main reasons I got the permit in the first place... leaving a gun in the car in Miami means almost assuredly that you're going to end up arming a criminal at some point. And going out into a dark parking lot at night, putting something in the car, then going back in was an open invitation if one was watching. But I reluctantly did so to avoid a "wrasslin' match", not to mention that this was after my completely bogus previous arrest for "open carrying", in a situation that bore no resemblance to the above and didn't involve the "Wild West" pouch : )

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a guy who carries his AR and a fishing pole all over Fl because we can open carry on the way to hunt or fish and while doing so by law. So he packs an AR and a Penn lol. Mostly does it to get reactions from local law enforcement and let them l know that law and that it's wrong to assume someone armed is nothing more then a sportsmen minding his business.
    Your post brings to mind the numerous times I've been told by members of law enforcement, to paraphrase, "We're not lawyers, we don't know everything about the law."

Last edited:

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UPDATE:

GunOwners_DefaultEmailHeader_png-2700498.JPG

IF YOU CAN'T ATTEND TOMORROW'S MEETING AT THE CAPITOL, YOU CAN STILL TELL THE COMMITTEE YOU WANT OPEN CARRY ADDED TO THE BILL!

CLICK HERE TO TELL THE COMMITTEE THAT YOU WANT HB 543 AMENDED TO HAVE OPEN CARRY ADDED!

Let’s Work Together for REAL Constitutional Carry in Florida!

***PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION BELOW***

The House's Constitutional Rights, Rule of Law & Government Operations Subcommittee is scheduled to hear HB 543 tomorrow at 2PM at the State Capitol. HB 543 is the incomplete Constitutional Carry bill that was foisted upon us by RINOs. Why is HB 543 incomplete? It's simple; the bill doesn't have Open Carry!

I know the House scheduled the committee hearing tomorrow on short notice and made it hard for some of you to travel to Tallahassee. But you can still take action! By clicking HERE, you can complete a commentary form.

Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to complete the commentary.

First, when you click the link, it will take you to this page. Complete it as instructed.

2620231_jpg-2700501.JPG

Then, click the following two buttons as shown.

2620232_jpg-2700502.JPG

It should display a box like this.

2620233_jpg-2700503.JPG

Make sure you click on "Submit Written Testimony." It should then take you to a page like this.

2620234_jpg-2700504.JPG

Complete the highlighted sections and copy and paste the following into the comment box:

As a supporter of Gun Owners of America and a hard-working Floridian. I want Open Carry added to House Bill 543. 47 States and 2 US Territories have Open Carry. Only Florida, New York, and Illinois outright ban it. Furthermore, Florida's Open Carry ban was because of one of Florida's most anti-gun Democrats in our state's history; Janet Reno. Why are Republicans refusing to repeal Janet Reno's Open Carry ban? HB 543 is not a true Constitutional Carry bill until it includes Open Carry. Gun Owners of America will keep me informed.

Or, you can add your own commentary.

BUT NO MATTER WHAT, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND COMPLETE THE PROCESS TO LET THE COMMITTEE KNOW YOU WANT OPEN CARRY ADDED TO HB 543.

I know that not everyone can be there tomorrow. But remember, our national motto is "e pluribus unum," which is Latin for "out of many, one." Working together, speaking loudly with ONE voice, we can get a real Constitutional Carry bill with Open Carry as part of it passed. Again, CLICK HERE AND TELL THE COMMITTEE YOU WANT OPEN CARRY ADDED TO HB 543!

Please share this alert to every Second Amendment Patriot that you know and donate to Gun Owners of America.

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of FL's Top Anti-Gun Democrat in the Legislature gave a play by play report of Republicans and the bill being admonished by Gun Owners wanting a true Constitutional Carry bill.

RixlDqe.jpeg

eHzt6fU.jpeg

cPWotlT.jpeg

AtRRT2X.jpeg

tYUSUav.jpeg

Syyjig3.jpeg

4MqfOAk.jpeg

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, I got the e-mail from GOA on Wednesday, which had a link that sends a form-letter to DeSantis... not bad, but I figured why not write my own:

Gov. DeSantis,

I hate to become a single-issue voter, but if there was ever an instance where it was warranted, in my opinion, this is it. I understand that there is a lot on your plate, and many people have other priorities, but this issue is so indicative of our general situation re: our Rights under the Constitution. If "Free Florida" places them as far in the back of the bus as is currently done ONLY in Illinois and New York... the only other states with an outright ban on open carry... how "free" are we?

There are only two possibilities: Either you are unaware of what is about to transpire, or you are in on it. HB 543, as it stands, is a farce, a bait-and-switch, and a waste of ink and paper. Like many, I am highly disillusioned with our political process, and if this is what we've waited and fought all this time for, I'm done with voting for you going forward... not that you would be the first.

It makes no sense to ban open-carry, while allowing concealed carry without a permit. This is upside-down and backwards, as is so much in our political landscape today. Concealed carry is a form of subterfuge, and thus is more worthy of restriction than open carry. With open carry, the carrier's status is clear for all to see, whereas with concealed carry, everyone is in the dark. Why is subterfuge encouraged, while openness is not only discouraged, but banned?

I can only believe that this is nothing more than an attempt to assuage the "sensibilities" of a constituency that is the most un-sensible in history, and thus an exercise in futility. You will lose this voter if you sign this, thereby locking us into this charade certainly for my lifetime, and I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one.

Imagine that we are told that we have "freedom of speech", as long as no one can hear us talk. This is the perfect analogy. If this Bill passes without a provision to allow open-carry, Florida will have acknowledged our Right to keep and bear arms, "as long as it is a two-finger pistol that can be hidden in our panties", i.e., one that no one can see.

Open carry is not ideal in every scenario, but it is preferable in many. Imagine you are a farmer in the middle of nowhere. If you have to use a public road to move from one field to another, you would need to conceal your carried firearm to legally do so. Ever tried keeping a firearm shoved inside your pants while spending a 95-degree day seated on a tractor? Just one example.

Please do your best to rectify this "oversight", or whatever it is. If we don't end up with true Constitutional Carry, then we will have all the proof we need that a "Republican super-majority" means nothing, and that voting has become just another example of insanity.

Sincerely,

Dusty Dog
    GCGF : )

If anyone hasn't seen the e-mail with the link and form-letter, let me know and I'll try to load it into a reply.

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I got the e-mail from GOA on Wednesday, which had a link that sends a form-letter to DeSantis... not bad, but I figured why not write my own:

Gov. DeSantis,

I hate to become a single-issue voter, but if there was ever an instance where it was warranted, in my opinion, this is it. I understand that there is a lot on your plate, and many people have other priorities, but this issue is so indicative of our general situation re: our Rights under the Constitution. If "Free Florida" places them as far in the back of the bus as is currently done ONLY in Illinois and New York... the only other states with an outright ban on open carry... how "free" are we?

There are only two possibilities: Either you are unaware of what is about to transpire, or you are in on it. HB 543, as it stands, is a farce, a bait-and-switch, and a waste of ink and paper. Like many, I am highly disillusioned with our political process, and if this is what we've waited and fought all this time for, I'm done with voting for you going forward... not that you would be the first.

It makes no sense to ban open-carry, while allowing concealed carry without a permit. This is upside-down and backwards, as is so much in our political landscape today. Concealed carry is a form of subterfuge, and thus is more worthy of restriction than open carry. With open carry, the carrier's status is clear for all to see, whereas with concealed carry, everyone is in the dark. Why is subterfuge encouraged, while openness is not only discouraged, but banned?

I can only believe that this is nothing more than an attempt to assuage the "sensibilities" of a constituency that is the most un-sensible in history, and thus an exercise in futility. You will lose this voter if you sign this, thereby locking us into this charade certainly for my lifetime, and I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one.

Imagine that we are told that we have "freedom of speech", as long as no one can hear us talk. This is the perfect analogy. If this Bill passes without a provision to allow open-carry, Florida will have acknowledged our Right to keep and bear arms, "as long as it is a two-finger pistol that can be hidden in our panties", i.e., one that no one can see.

Open carry is not ideal in every scenario, but it is preferable in many. Imagine you are a farmer in the middle of nowhere. If you have to use a public road to move from one field to another, you would need to conceal your carried firearm to legally do so. Ever tried keeping a firearm shoved inside your pants while spending a 95-degree day seated on a tractor? Just one example.

Please do your best to rectify this "oversight", or whatever it is. If we don't end up with true Constitutional Carry, then we will have all the proof we need that a "Republican super-majority" means nothing, and that voting has become just another example of insanity.

Sincerely,

Dusty Dog
    GCGF : )

If anyone hasn't seen the e-mail with the link and form-letter, let me know and I'll try to load it into a reply.

olliges74

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    While I think open carry for self defense in public is a bad idea for a couple of reasons, I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.
    In my view the words "Constitutional Carry" mean you can carry within the limits placed on gov't with no questions asked. BUT... open carry is a bad idea, I wouldn't want a situation where some idiot tries to grab my firearm; but also want the freedom to have my rifle slung when in public if the situation calls for it.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In my view the words "Constitutional Carry" mean you can carry within the limits placed on gov't with no questions asked. BUT... open carry is a bad idea, I wouldn't want a situation where some idiot tries to grab my firearm; but also want the freedom to have my rifle slung when in public if the situation calls for it.
    Yep...

The Second Amendment doesn't say " ...the right of the people to keep and bear arms they can hide in their drawers, shall not be infringed." : )

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If you'er worried about someone grabbing your open carry, then you'er doing it wrong. The focus is, to put the government in its place and following the Constitution. Don't confuse what individuals citizens do and focus on the government tyranny.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you'er worried about someone grabbing your open carry, then you'er doing it wrong. The focus is, to put the government in its place and following the Constitution. Don't confuse what individuals citizens do and focus on the government tyranny.
    Yep... as I said earlier re: someone trying to grab your piece:

With the fanny pack, I have to assume that some others may correctly guess that I'm packing, so I have to be just as aware of my surroundings as if I were open-carrying... but I've realized I should be that in tune with what's going on around me regardless.

It's actually a good thing to be a little self-conscious. And I thread the strap completely through my belt loops, so that I can't easily be relieved of the pack... not to mention having a donkey-kick at the ready for anyone who looks like they might try : )

And re: criticizing the wrong people, this is similar to something else I've been saying recently:

WHY do people always scrutinize every action or technique of a self-defender or victim, e.g., he didn't have the correct hold, his trigger discipline wasn't great, his feet were too close together, he shouldn't have fired that last shot, he should've turned back, he should've run, etc., etc., but rarely get so critical of the actions of the criminals that set it all in motion?

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep... as I said earlier re: someone trying to grab your piece:

With the fanny pack, I have to assume that some others may correctly guess that I'm packing, so I have to be just as aware of my surroundings as if I were open-carrying... but I've realized I should be that in tune with what's going on around me regardless.

It's actually a good thing to be a little self-conscious. And I thread the strap completely through my belt loops, so that I can't easily be relieved of the pack... not to mention having a donkey-kick at the ready for anyone who looks like they might try : )

And re: criticizing the wrong people, this is similar to something else I've been saying recently:

WHY do people always scrutinize every action or technique of a self-defender or victim, e.g., he didn't have the correct hold, his trigger discipline wasn't great, his feet were too close together, he shouldn't have fired that last shot, he should've turned back, he should've run, etc., etc., but rarely get so critical of the actions of the criminals that set it all in motion?
    Ok. I failed to make the point about confusing the issue. Government gun control and efforts to stop it, with open/ true Constitutional carry. Then there are those that want to confuse everything and throw unrelated issues into the discussion.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok. I failed to make the point about confusing the issue. Government gun control and efforts to stop it, with open/ true Constitutional carry. Then there are those that want to confuse everything and throw unrelated issues into the discussion.
    Yep... I got it, it's just that the examples I gave re: victims/criminals are similar. People are focusing in the wrong area.

It's not a debate over whether the victim or the criminal had better tactics. It's a question of who is in the right and who is in the wrong.

It's not a debate over open vs. concealed. It's a question of what is Constitutional.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other than take revenue away from the State, what does permit less concealed carry do for the people of Florida? How will it effect firearms procurements?

Top Bottom