• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If this mount I have coming don't work, I'll put in on a longer gun. No biggie. Then I'll likely just buy one of these mounts for both my rmr and my romeo4 for my short Rattlers. They have built in irons on the mount and are adjustable. They save a ton of room on top too. They're just a little pricey tho lol
    1c3e65b38a2126e38e00514a2756a6bd.jpg
    087b32ee284c63adeb3b8c419f866ec6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back to the op. I have the same type scope except it's a normal nikkon. The 20mm sucks in low light. Dusk, dawn etc. Go larger. Unsuitable for low light deer hunting even on 1x. ( Hense Unsuitable for people hunting) One of the reasons I use them (prism) for live game, if ya can't trust it to put food on the table, why would you bet your life on it?? YMMV.

Yes, I was going to say I have Leupold 1-4 x 20 and I feel it has very good low light performance. Is it on par with the Kahles x 56? No, of course not. But, it's pretty darn good.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yes, I was going to say I have Leupold 1-4 x 20 and I feel it has very good low light performance. Is it on par with the Kahles x 56? No, of course not. But, it's pretty darn good.
    Leopold makes excellent scopes. I have one of the discontinued firedots. In testing it is better than my NV(sightmark wraith, i know cheap nv) with no light source. @150 yards.... put it on my RARR x39 for "my" ultimate deer blaster.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Leopold makes excellent scopes. I have one of the discontinued firedots. In testing it is better than my NV(sightmark wraith, i know cheap nv) with no light source. @150 yards.... put it on my RARR x39 for "my" ultimate deer blaster.

Yes, I have several of the VX-R models. Love them. Super crisp glass and really nice light transmission. Love the illuminated dots too--main reason I went with them.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Wow. That's pretty cool. All I've learned about so far are tactical whizz bang style scopes. I need one like that for my 350 or 308. I'm still learning about it all

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Leupold = very good to great scope with lifetime wty to whoever "holds" it (less the electronic components, if any).

If you're going to dial constantly, I'd get a NF or similar or even a Meopta. Most scopes just can't take the constant dialing for long.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Leupold = very good to great scope with lifetime wty to whoever "holds" it (less the electronic components, if any).

If you're going to dial constantly, I'd get a NF or similar or even a Meopta. Most scopes just can't take the constant dialing for long.
    It'll be while till I'm ready. But yeah taking notes till it's time. I hear good stuff about Arkon now also

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Wow. Lots of responses today. Thanks guys. I have 2 arken scopes on rifles now and really liked them. They will also be going on any future long range builgs or anything that needs an actual scope. Although i wish their 4-14 model was a 32mm or 44mm objective not a 50mm.
    For the same size and weight just get the 6-24x50 which i have. I also have the new ep5. Both in moa.
    Please post a link for the mount you are waiting on where the irons are under the prism scope. Id be interested in that.
    I also like that seeall sight concept. Looks interesting.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Wow. Lots of responses today. Thanks guys. I have 2 arken scopes on rifles now and really liked them. They will also be going on any future long range builgs or anything that needs an actual scope. Although i wish their 4-14 model was a 32mm or 44mm objective not a 50mm.
    For the same size and weight just get the 6-24x50 which i have. I also have the new ep5. Both in moa.
    Please post a link for the mount you are waiting on where the irons are under the prism scope. Id be interested in that.
    I also like that seeall sight concept. Looks interesting.
    Just search unity tactical on Amazon. They'll show the real one for nearly 200$. But the have a clone they liscence to airsoft makers to copy it. Those models cost way less and are like 30$. From what I see on YouTube reviews for them they're not that bad. But I'm not sure if I even want one that high. So I figured if buy the cheap one and upgrade later if I like it. But here it is basically so you know what to look for
    a65c6aa5981f8271140fd28659bb01c5.jpg

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    The sights are hidden inside. I may just use its rear sight on min tho and remove the front one. I'll report back next week on how it works out.

I'm glad you like the Arkens also. So far everyone praises them. I'd like to look thru some before buying tho one day

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The sights are hidden inside. I may just use its rear sight on min tho and remove the front one. I'll report back next week on how it works out.

I'm glad you like the Arkens also. So far everyone praises them. I'd like to look thru some before buying tho one day

How's it working?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    How's it working?
    I just picked it up yesterday. The sight and mount are actually super nice feeling so far. I mounted it just to see how it looked and how high it would be etc compared to my current sight and Magpul BUIS. By doing so I think I solved the issue or the front magpul iron looking so crooked thru the scope. I discovered that if both the iron and the front sight are "in front" of the prism then they both line up better. So I may not even need the mount anymore funny enough. I'll include some photos of how it all lines up. I'm waiting on trying to mount the optic to the top till the guys come over and see the shift in person tho so folks know about it etc.
    My plan to use just the rear sight in thr mount tho hit a small wall. The built in irons are a smidgen higher than the Magpul front and rear sight plain. So to fully pull that off I may have to get a front sight Riser, that's if if I still use this mount and not just put my magpul BUIS all in front of the optic.

The mount has nice positive clicks to track the rear sight. It's also even milled to accept the 37ish dollar brand name Unity Tactical quick release upgrade they sell too. So I may order that once I get done deciding exactly how to set it up with the gang. I'm deffo glad I decided to get the clone version tho instead of paying for the high dollar version since there's a chance I may not need or use it. I'll include a photo of a view down it's sights, for some reason they don't show that online and many have no clue there's even sights in them. It's raining now tho so I can't get good pics. These will have to do lol. The last two photos will be of the front sight risers I may have to get if I do the trick I have in mind.
    bac9a5e4e4fc885e6aa9fd9c0bc1eef5.jpg
    730953f34eebe6cafaedb72d5c31112e.jpg
    dfc417be417377d894a850b1a0b5e62d.jpg
    b06b0e42183762883c8d7f3914be71e9.jpg

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If I do decide to use it and do that trick, it should be a good setup for those who shoot with NVGs. It'll be plenty room for that or even a gas mask lol

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So... @TK5o we should be good for sometime this weekend. This Saturday maybe? Me and @WRM seem to be a bit flexible on times. So it may be easier to just see what time is good for you. Preferably some time late in the evening tho due to the heat

Top Bottom