• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Not my point, most folks have no way of testing one brand against the other brands and are confusing opinion with fact. I’ve shot a 300blk with a sandman and thought it was extremely quite . Weight and how the suppressor sounds to my ear is how choose what to buy. I don’t do mag dumps or any thing else that resembles mag dumps, so that plays no part in my choice. I usually can find a friend that owns or has in stock the suppressor I’ considering and try one before I buy . That makes it a little easier to make a decision .
    This is what I wasn't sure about. I have no way of testing them and YouTube reviews only get you so far. I want durability but Im not planning on blowing through 500 rounds every week. (If I could I would shoot that often, but I have other things in life)

Im not concerned about bragging rights. Im not even 30 yet and haven't had time and expertise to amass collections and experiences like a lot of the guys on here.

Shooting suppressed is something I want to do to make it quiet enough that I dont need earmuffs. Im thinking 300 BLK subsonic and then down the line getting something for my 22.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I had looked at the octane 9.

I looked at that too, but isn't that for 9mm?

That would be fun, but other than my MPX, I dont think It would be practical to put on anything else. (the MPX isn't really practical, anyway, but it sure is fun)

If I ever get to suppressor 4 or 5, it will probably be the Octane 9 or Osprey 9.

*** Edit ***

I see you can get the Octane 9 for 300BLK, but that brings me back to trying to make sure I dont go too cheep and get something I regret later when it wears out or doesn't cut down on sound enough.

For me, I want to be able to shoot without ear protection and I want it to last for a long time. :)

I haven't done a ton of research on the octane 9 yet. Guess I'll be watching some YouTube reviews on that after church. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If I still need ear protection, then I’ve bought the wrong suppressor, in my none expert opinion.
    Or you're trying to suppress the wrong chambering.

130db is still plenty loud. Ear pro is always optional. Your hearing isn't user replaceable.

I'd stay away from rifle rounds in "pistol" cans. The over built 9mm cans are a little different story. I still wouldn't use those primarily as a rifle chambering can though.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I should have added, for my intended use. There are certainly many more ways to use a suppressor. Most if not all of my loads are bb gun quite.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Just a heads up - The single shot trust is taking about 12 months, and the individual is only taking about 6 months according to Larry at Ammunition Sales.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There's not much of a trend with wait times these days. I've seen form 4 trusts approved in 2 months, and form 4 individuals approved in 18 months. No rhyme or reason, just chalk it up to typical government suck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    There's not much of a trend with wait times these days. I've seen form 4 trusts approved in 2 months, and form 4 individuals approved in 18 months. No rhyme or reason, just chalk it up to typical government suck

I mean, Its not like Im exactly flaging on a bunch of government sites. I get checked for work every year and then every year or so when I buy from a dealer. The fingerprints and paperwork aren't new to me. I just haven't done anything specifically NFA related before, so Im hoping that doesn't slow things up.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I mean, Its not like Im exactly flaging on a bunch of government sites. I get checked for work every year and then every year or so when I buy from a dealer. The fingerprints and paperwork aren't new to me. I just haven't done anything specifically NFA related before, so Im hoping that doesn't slow things up.
    One thing that does appear to be a bit of a pattern it seems like the more clearance someone has from government agencies the longer their background takes for whatever reason. Ymmv

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Haven't shot one. Got a couple for transfer. Everything I've heard indicates it's a great can for the money

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you start with a .22 rimfire can, you will always be disappointed with every center fire rifle can you get, if your looking for quiet and versatile, 22 can, rugged, dead air, or silencerco switch back, you’ll be happier and so will young children heck even my wife really enjoys 22 suppressed. 300 blk must be shot with subsonic loads to get quieter, and ar platforms are always louder than a bolt action black out..

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Price on that yankee is very attractive. What other calibers would it be rated for? Don't need field issues or warranty issues.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    In stock now and a fine option

Have you used this one before?
    Everything I have seen online looks like 22lr is easy to suppress. What makes this better than the $300 or even the $225 (when in stock) options?

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Availability and seems to have all the right materials and design, get in line sooner than later.

Top Bottom