Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

First pcp

fv22

Marksman
Reaction score
Yep, it's about 100 pumps to get 2000 psi. For roughly 20 shots of .22 - grandkids, neices are handy.
The Avenger's a little better than that. When filled to 4,200-4,300 I can get about 80-90 shots, with the power setttings I use that would take a little less than 200 pumps. But I rarely (once) shoot that many before re-filling. Usually shoot 30-40 then it takes 85 or less. Equals out to about 2 to slightly more pumps per shot. I only target shoot so regulator and hammer spring are set fairly low, pushing up the power would use much more air. The Beeman Chief also takes about 2 pumps per shot.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
The Avenger's a little better than that. When filled to 4,200-4,300 I can get about 80-90 shots, with the power setttings I use that would take a little less than 200 pumps. But I rarely (once) shoot that many before re-filling. Usually shoot 30-40 then it takes 85 or less. Equals out to about 2 to slightly more pumps per shot. I only target shoot so regulator and hammer spring are set fairly low, pushing up the power would use much more air. The Beeman Chief also takes about 2 pumps per shot.
Yeah, the Benjamin discovery is preset. 26.5 foot pounds of power. Its the entry level pcp. Using Williams peep sight on it. Very accurate. Green Mt barrel or Walther I forget which.

Blackfeather666

Shooter
Reaction score
Nice gun for your first pcp. What compressor did you get? I've got 2 pcp's that I'm hand pumping, not too bad, good exercise. But I can see getting tired of that in the future, especially with the Avenger which is a 4,350 fill up!
I have a vehpro, got it off fleabay

Last edited:

Blackfeather666

Shooter
Reaction score
Got the new ammo, 81gr domed pellets its shooting great. even hit steel 8x8 at 70 yards. Very accurate with iron sight bench rest. Gotta get some glass

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom