• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master

budbreak96

Expert
    In a .22 at that. $1,300 and then a dumb bracelet for $400. I am good, I stick to my "stupid guns".

JBryan314

Master
    I can't wait until these guns sell to NO ONE and the company stops making them.

So, how much does the battery pack cost? Recharger? When you're asleep and a thug breaks in you house, you put on your watch before you grab your .22 pistol?

DaBreeze

Master
    My guns are all SMART guns. When you press the trigger it knows to go BANG every time. Must be smarter than my wife, she don't bang every time I press her trigger.

aknavy

Expert
    Useless, but pretty soon CA will require this on all guns...and then all the NE states will. What a joke.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Well im all about SAFETY and i think all guns should be this way!!!!

O wait never mind what am i talking about?? Safety Second

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Same technology used on cars these days. Have to have he key within a certain proximity or the car won't start...useless on a gun though.

Va boy

Marksman
    When the shooter grips the gun, the watch sends a signal to unlock the gun and the light turns green. Otherwise the gun is locked and the light remains red. Problems I see are, 1) In the event the company gets told to do so, they will lock out all guns with this technology, 2) The gov. will have lockout capability, 3) in the event of natural disaster (state of emergency, whatever) the state leadership will lock them out, 4) in the defense of yourself and loved ones, if you lose the fight, someone will have to strip your watch, grab the gun, hope they were given access and PRAY FOR A GREEN LIGHT. I see nothing SMART about it.

I am a Law Abiding US Citizen. Thats the only Green Light I need.

Last edited:

Fishin Ski

Shooter
    Same technology used on cars these days. Have to have he key within a certain proximity or the car won't start...useless on a gun though.

Exactly, and no one has ever intercepted a radio frequency on purpose or accident.......

Can't wait till the RFID chip in my dog lets my pistol go boom.....

Idoono

Master
    You know Mr. Murphy says that the watch battery will go dead just when you need your gun the most.

Idoono

moron1

Expert
    The "Smart" pistol seems like a dumb idea to me. Most people have trouble finding the safety in a high stress event. Now they have to find a watch and put it on. Maybe they might have to hold up a finger and ask the bad guy "Can you wait a minute while I call tech support?"

budbreak96

Expert
    When the shooter grips the gun, the watch sends a signal to unlock the gun and the light turns green. Otherwise the gun is locked and the light remains red. Problems I see are, 1) In the event the company gets told to do so, they will lock out all guns with this technology, 2) The gov. will have lockout capability, 3) in the event of natural disaster (state of emergency, whatever) the state leadership will lock them out, 4) in the defense of yourself and loved ones, if you lose the fight, someone will have to strip your watch, grab the gun, hope they were given access and PRAY FOR A GREEN LIGHT. I see nothing SMART about it.

I am a Law Abiding US Citizen. Thats the only Green Light I need.

I agree 100%, you could not be more on point.
    I'll keep my same "old school, technology" guns that all I have to do is pull the trigger and it goes bang like mentioned above. I have carried for over 10 years and all of a sudden all my "friends" went to get their ccp and then went and bought pistols and started carrying. Well they always said man you are dumb for having one in the chamber (at that time it was a Glock 27). I said oh yea, its in a holster that covers the trigger guard as long as you have the right safety skill set and everytime you hold that weapon you teach yourself not to put your finger inside the trigger but flat along the gun it is just as safe as you not having one in the chamber. My dad taught me just about everything I know about firearms and how deadly they are and one mistake can take a life, your life, ect. He worked as a special agent at F.D.L.E. for 30 years. When I was 8-9 years old he took me to take the hunters safety course when they had one person offering the class and it was an officer or FWC officer that did the class. I told them that you carrying your weapon without it loaded it like carrying a paperweight or something, if someone comes to rob you or harm you and they pull a gun on you that means you have to pull your gun rack the slide, take off the safety and hope you can do all of that before you get shot. All of them now carry with one in the chamber. I told them they need to take extensive training doing this, that the concealed weapon class you took by some guy was not training. I still go right around once a year, lately I haven't been going as much as I would like and get an officer that's off duty to go and shoot with me and teach me new things so I hopefully wont ever have an accident. I have a buddy that's in law enforcement and when we used to go he would load the magazine and put regular rounds and dummy rounds mixed in to try and train me if something happens and the shtf and if I have a jam for some reason how to clear it quick and effective and get back to shooting. I want to take the Clint Smith class, but its expensive. That guy is good, my old boss and his brother took two of his classes. They both have matching Les Baer "Thunder Ranch 1911's". Look up some of his videos on youtube, He was telling me some of the stuff they did in the class and Clint would ask them what if you got in a situation were you loose access to one of your hands, lets say its your shooting hand. He showed them how to rack the slide, empty the mag, drop the mag, put a full one in, rack the slide and continue with the threat. I would love to go to his class and as soon as I get the money I will be going. I will probably buy a Les Baer 1911 before but shortly after I will be taking his class. Just thought I would put that out there for everyone.

ccc

Master
    While I see many flaws with this particular design I am hopeful about the technology, I am PRO GUN, and have many, but there are too many kids grabbing their parents weapons and shooting up schools. AGAIN I AGREE this is not the save all technology that will work, but I am hopeful SOMEDAY that a technology will exist that will not fail to work to save a homeowners life, but WILL FAIL TO WORK in a school shooting.

Deersniper270

Master
    I was telling my friend about this and he said "I'm down if it was cheaper and when someone picked it up without the watch and pulled the trigger it said 'Nah bitch this ain't yours' hahaha".

moron1

Expert
    Maybe this will become an acceptable firearm for teachers to carry. It would be harder for a student to gain access (such as just grabbing it off the teacher) .Better then an unarmed teacher I would think.

Top Bottom