• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    One spect of the ATF crackdown on FFL's is records. When an FFL is closed all records are handed over to the ATF. There is not a specific rule regarding their retention other than the prohibition against creating a registry. Nothing prevents the ATF from perusing these records and lo and behold, look at that interesting purchase, wonder why they bought 2 AR's at the same time, Hmmm, 300 rounds sure is a lot....you get my drift. If Walmart closes a store, the firearms related records for that location go to the ATF. If your local pawn shop closes, their firearms records go to the ATF, if Academy closes a store, their records go to the ATF. Get the picture? The more FFL's they close the more records they acquire and, of course, the fewer avenues from which to legally purchase firearms. Just food for thought.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One spect of the ATF crackdown on FFL's is records. When an FFL is closed all records are handed over to the ATF. There is not a specific rule regarding their retention other than the prohibition against creating a registry. Nothing prevents the ATF from perusing these records and lo and behold, look at that interesting purchase, wonder why they bought 2 AR's at the same time, Hmmm, 300 rounds sure is a lot....you get my drift. If Walmart closes a store, the firearms related records for that location go to the ATF. If your local pawn shop closes, their firearms records go to the ATF, if Academy closes a store, their records go to the ATF. Get the picture? The more FFL's they close the more records they acquire and, of course, the fewer avenues from which to legally purchase firearms. Just food for thought.
    I hear you, but they already have access to a heck of a lot more information than you think. IE, they already have a registry in the background; how exactly they run it, IDK - but you'll understand when an agent shows up at your door with a neat list of everything you've ever bought through an FFL... If you think he / she / it traipsed around to every FFL on the planet to get that information...
    :p :p :p :p

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure most all of these people have some type of boiler plate response ready for an aide to send. Still, maybe that means they've heard enough about the ATF that they felt compelled to draft a generic response. I personally, will not be betting on the ATF being abolished, although I'd welcome that.
    government NEVER decreases... always increases, and they keep EVERYTHING

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    government NEVER decreases... always increases, and they keep EVERYTHING
    Sad, but true. That's just one of the multitude of things that need changing. And folks believe what they've been told about the Anti-federlists being the bad guys that almost sunk the country by opposing the federalists. Odd those "bad guys" insisted on the Bill of Rights....

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congressional “Field Hearing” in Shalimar earlier today. Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene presiding, and amongst the witnesses was Miles, sitting next to Brandon Herrera.

Miles speaks at timestamp 35:20.

Yeah, I saw/read all that. Meh. Gaetz, and MTG, are all talk, no action, IMO. Just 'cause it sounds/looks good doesn't mean it is. "Fighting" a public, personally manufactured, psuedo-battle that has no real effect on the war, is nothing more than grand-standing, and exploiting public ignorance to gain "votes" through name recognition. Baaaah.

Classic jeff miller tactic. Make a grand show of "vigorously fighting/opposing" an already lost issue/battle, and the constituency will vote for a "fighter." Apparently it works, repeatedly. That and standing on the side of the road, smiling and waving at people going to WORK, on "election" day. Baaaah.

If these two really mean what they say, I just can't fathom how they, in good conscience and sound mind, plus others supposedly like-minded, can continue to align with/submit to/support the right-leaning faction of the uniparty.

Sumthin's not right here. I'm callin' BS. Show me results, and I'm in. Promise me BS, and it's just BS. Credibilty waning....

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah, I saw/read all that. Meh. Gaetz, and MTG, are all talk, no action, IMO. Just 'cause it sounds/looks good doesn't mean it is. "Fighting" a public, personally manufactured, psuedo-battle that has no real effect on the war, is nothing more than grand-standing, and exploiting public ignorance to gain "votes" through name recognition. Baaaah.

Classic jeff miller tactic. Make a grand show of "vigorously fighting/opposing" an already lost issue/battle, and the constituency will vote for a "fighter." Apparently it works, repeatedly. That and standing on the side of the road, smiling and waving at people going to WORK, on "election" day. Baaaah.

If these two really mean what they say, I just can't fathom how they, in good conscience and sound mind, plus others supposedly like-minded, can continue to align with/submit to/support the right-leaning faction of the uniparty.

Sumthin's not right here. I'm callin' BS. Show me results, and I'm in. Promise me BS, and it's just BS. Credibilty waning....
    Relax it's all WWF. Macho Man Randy Gaetz is gonna team up with Hulk DeSantis and take em down.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Get everything ya'll need now. This is the new tactic for keeping firearms outta the hands of law abiding citizens and its working. The aft and doj are literally taking away honest, hardworking, taxpaying citizens income and businesses... meanwhile on capital hill, they're trying to ban gas stoves.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Get everything ya'll need now. This is the new tactic for keeping firearms outta the hands of law abiding citizens and its working. The aft and doj are literally taking away honest, hardworking, taxpaying citizens income and businesses... meanwhile on capital hill, they're trying to ban gas stoves.
    Yea true dat. I would bet they are already working on the shooting ranges too from an EPA standpoint. I imagine the red tape and hoop jumping will become too much to bear.

Top Bottom