• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently the ATF is on another crusade to revoke the FFL of anyone they can back into a "legal" corner, and/or has no viable means to defend/resist. I have it from what I consider reliable sources, that the owner of Tradewinds in Navarre, FL has had his FFL revoked.

Can anyone confirm/deny? Anyone else have knowledge of your local FFL Bubba being hit? WTF?, over.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There's a thread somewhere in here about it. True, ffl gone.

I had mentioned it on the “random thoughts” thread on 30DEC22.

Yesterday got an update email about Tradewinds and Miles’ FFL.

From Miles:

" ... my FFL has already been revoked but I have been granted a "stay". I will be able to finish up transactions including new sales until 04-01-2023."

Trade Winds
    6243 Gulf Breeze Pkwy
    Gulf Breeze, FL 32563

tradewindsguns.com
    850-939-3303

Hours:
    Tuesday - Friday: 9:30AM - 5:00PM
    Saturday: 9:30AM - 2:30PM
    Sunday - Monday: closed

Go look through Trade Winds' inventory (about 900 firearms) at:

https://tradewindsguns.com/our-inventory/​

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I had mentioned it on the “random thoughts” thread on 30DEC22.

Yesterday got an update email about Tradewinds and Miles’ FFL.

From Miles:

" ... my FFL has already been revoked but I have been granted a "stay". I will be able to finish up transactions including new sales until 04-01-2023."

Trade Winds
    6243 Gulf Breeze Pkwy
    Gulf Breeze, FL 32563

tradewindsguns.com
    850-939-3303

Hours:
    Tuesday - Friday: 9:30AM - 5:00PM
    Saturday: 9:30AM - 2:30PM
    Sunday - Monday: closed

Go look through Trade Winds' inventory (about 900 firearms) at:

https://tradewindsguns.com/our-inventory/​

It would seem that we both received the same email from Mike!

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Works Better than banning guns. Manufacturers have more $ and a louder voice to fight back. Small FFLs (especially home based) are very necessary especially in rural areas. You know, the areas full of gun toting, insurrectionist, wite supremacists types.
    Cut that head off and good luck getting firearms..... Oh and good luck getting ammo too.
    Problem solvers, solving America's "real" problems!

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Always wanted to go in there. Every time I went (no matter the day or time) it was closed.

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apparently the ATF is on another crusade to revoke the FFL of anyone they can back into a "legal" corner, and/or has no viable means to defend/resist. I have it from what I consider reliable sources, that the owner of Tradewinds in Navarre, FL has had his FFL revoked.

Can anyone confirm/deny? Anyone else have knowledge of your local FFL Bubba being hit? WTF?, over.

I talked to Mile’s a couple weeks ago and was telling me about this. Didn’t know he had his FFL “revoked” already! If so pretty sad

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Any idea what the ATF is using to shut down FFLs?

Paperwork done improperly or inventory or something else?

The biden regime dictated some changes. The new BATFECES guidance says that what used to be paperwork errors or typos (that were easily fixable or whatever) are now considered “willful”. The way everything is worded, “willful” violations (errors/mistakes/omissions/typos/etc) are now zero-tolerance one-and-done grounds for revocation.

The TTAG article explains it here:

But the stuff the inspectors gripe about CHANGES from inspector to inspector and region to region. Texas apparently does things different than Florida which does it different than Kommiefornia, etc. (Odd how a FEDERAL AGENCY doesn’t have a nation-wide STANDARD in writing, huh?). So, the FFL gets inspected, the inspector finds something to pick at, and in the past, the FFL would adjust and make it “right”. Overly cautious compliance. Then the next inspection, the next inspector says “What's this? Why are you doing it this way?” The FFL would explain; the last inspector may or may not own up to telling the FFL to do it that way. Fine whatever, the FFL would comply with the next hoop to jump through, but life moved on.

All that is over. One “willful” violation now, and you’re done. But violating WHAT? Who knows. It’s SUBjective to the whim of the BATFECES agent. It’s not OBJECTIVE in black and white writing.

It’s an impossible standard of whatever a Future inspector may or may not want to see. And the margin for error is now nothing.

This SHOULD be a field day for the right lawyers to sue the crap out of these BATFECES field offices and “leadership”.

Until then, law abiding good people like Miles (and his entire customer base) are suffering for it.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Meanwhile the atf counts a felon with 33 firearms guilty on one count and getting home jailed a success!

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The biden regime dictated some changes. The new BATFECES guidance says that what used to be paperwork errors or typos (that were easily fixable or whatever) are now considered “willful”. The way everything is worded, “willful” violations (errors/mistakes/omissions/typos/etc) are now zero-tolerance one-and-done grounds for revocation.

The TTAG article explains it here:

But the stuff the inspectors gripe about CHANGES from inspector to inspector and region to region. Texas apparently does things different than Florida which does it different than Kommiefornia, etc. (Odd how a FEDERAL AGENCY doesn’t have a nation-wide STANDARD in writing, huh?). So, the FFL gets inspected, the inspector finds something to pick at, and in the past, the FFL would adjust and make it “right”. Overly cautious compliance. Then the next inspection, the next inspector says “What's this? Why are you doing it this way?” The FFL would explain; the last inspector may or may not own up to telling the FFL to do it that way. Fine whatever, the FFL would comply with the next hoop to jump through, but life moved on.

All that is over. One “willful” violation now, and you’re done. But violating WHAT? Who knows. It’s SUBjective to the whim of the BATFECES agent. It’s not OBJECTIVE in black and white writing.

It’s an impossible standard of whatever a Future inspector may or may not want to see. And the margin for error is now nothing.

This SHOULD be a field day for the right lawyers to sue the crap out of these BATFECES field offices and “leadership”.

Until then, law abiding good people like Miles (and his entire customer base) are suffering for it.
    100%
    Better have all your P's crossed and Q's dotted.
    Meanwhile..... pres Biden did what with top secret documents?
    I will be willing to bet the Russians stole the documents and planted them in all those places.

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I spoke with Miles about it a couple weeks ago. Paperwork ”issue” that the ATF originally said wasn’t an issue. It’s ridiculous how this administration runs rampant and without recourse.
    wish there was a way to help him fight it as I’ve bought 90% of my firearms from him and have gotten the best prices from him

He always has one of the best selections of firearms

Great guy who got screwed by the ATF.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom