• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • @Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Does anyone have a CO2 blowback bb gun they would recommend?

I looked at the Sig Sauer p320 and the reviews are God awful. I'd like to find something similar that is relatively reliable and accurate.

What do the airgun guys here like?

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In my opinion, blowbacks waste CO2.
    Have you had a good experience with one?
    Or do you have a non-blowback you would recommend?

I have an old Umarex X-CP that is ready for replacement. It has made an excellent bb gun to shoot with my kids. I was looking for blowback because they are getting older and it would be "cool."

If they are very wasteful I might have to pick up two airguns.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I’ve got two favorite air guns. The first is the Crossman DPMS SBR. Technically the size of a 10.5” pistol AR. But probably not what you meant by an air pistol. It rocks though, awesome semi and full auto, and it’s got some zip to it! And it is a co2 blowback.
    My 2nd favorite it a Umarex made Glock 19. It is officially licensed by Glock. It is amazing, feels and looks extremely similar to a real Glock 19. The model that I have is not gas blowback though. They do make a gas blowback model, but I’ve heard of a lot more problems from them, and they are definitely slower and use way more co2 than the non blowback model. Yeah, the blowback looks cool, but the non blowback one is really a lot better, buy one and you wont regret it.
    As cheesy as it sounds, the Umarex Glock 19 and Crossman SBR are decent home training tools, and are good for running drills in your house or yard, when you can’t get to an actual range. Keep the spackling paste ready, but you can run home clearing drills, weapons transitions, sight acquisition, trigger discipline, and more, in the “real” surroundings of your home and property. I actually wish that Umarex would do a Glock MOS style BB gun, because I’m still trying to get used to using an RMR on handguns.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As cheesy as it sounds, the Umarex Glock 19 and Crossman SBR are decent home training tools, and are good for running drills in your house or yard, when you can’t get to an actual range.
    This is my goal. I can teach my sons basics in the yard.

My oldest son wants to shoot competitions. By the time he is old enough he should have his feet under him.

We have the DPMS SBR and it rocks!

I'm looking for a traditional pistol like the glock you mentioned.

I just ordered a Baretta M9a3 and will report back how it does.

The umarex XCP isn't blowback but it was accurate and lasted nearly 10 years. Great pinker for younger kids to learn with.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    This is my goal. I can teach my sons basics in the yard.

My oldest son wants to shoot competitions. By the time he is old enough he should have his feet under him.

We have the DPMS SBR and it rocks!

I'm looking for a traditional pistol like the glock you mentioned.

I just ordered a Baretta M9a3 and will report back how it does.

The umarex XCP isn't blowback but it was accurate and lasted nearly 10 years. Great pinker for younger kids to learn with.
    If you are ever in the Pensacola area, you are welcome to try my Umarex glock 19. I’ve been 100% happy with it. It’s accurate enough that I’ve killed mice in my house with it, lol. I used to use it to keep my neighbor’s cats out of my yard, but it’s really too powerful for that, so I stopped. Damn cats claw up my motorcycle seats and scratch the hell out of my vehicles, but I think that’s a job for Red Ryder, the Umarex is too powerful. The only issues I’ve had with it, was when I tried to thread it for a suppressor. Being non-blowback actually makes it ideal for suppressing. The “slide” is metal, but unfortunately it is cheap pot metal, and wouldn’t hold being threaded
    the size, weight and feel of the Umarex is very close to a real Glock 19, and most of my real Glock holsters fit it. Best price I see is on eBay for $66.71 with free shipping. Brick and mortar sporting guns stores like Dick’s and Academy is like $80. Buy one and you won’t regret it.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    I live close to Corry Station and the Pensacola Navy Hospital. I retired here 27 years ago. One of the pistols I have for sale is a Colt Licensed "Defender". It is a copy of a compact 1911 .45ACP in .177 BB. CO2 powered Semi-Auto Clip fed. It's in pristine condition. I was asking $45 for it. Made by Umarex I believe.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Umarex Beretta M9A3 came in the mail Sunday evening. This thing is cool!

The slide blowback works and the pistol feels like the real thing.

But; like rossi said, it uses a LOT of co2.

Loading a new co2 canister, and reloading the bb magazine is cumbersome.

I don't regret buying the gun, but I wouldn't buy it twice.

Attachments

• 20220424_141419.jpg
      20220424_141419.jpg
      466.8 KB · Views: 103

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Non blowback repeater pistols generally have pretty cruddy triggers because of the mechanism (basically double action vs single action of a self loading blowback). So you sacrifice CO2 efficiency, but you definitely gain realism and shootability. I second the M9s! I also had one of the Umarex M1A1 Thompsons and that thing was crazy fun on full auto.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Co2 is stuck in there real good.

Unlike the other guns, you can't get a screwdriver in there.

Attachments

• 20220504_163818.jpg
      20220504_163818.jpg
      215.1 KB · Views: 90

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Try putting a towel or sponge down on top of a hard surface and give it a few taps on the bottom of the grip.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Try putting a towel or sponge down on top of a hard surface and give it a few taps on the bottom of the grip.
    It was in there good. After a few minutes of prying and pounding I stuck the magazine in the freezer.

It came out a few taps later.

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have the Beretta 92 version and love it, don't care how much CO2 it uses as it's the most fun I've had in my back yard with my clothes on, chasing squirrels around on full auto will give you a shit eating grin in a matter of seconds.
    When I was stationed in West Germany back in the 80's, I had a chance to shoot some polish 9mm pistol that was semi and full auto, I think it was a Radom or Tokerev if memory serves, well, this Beretta, which feels like the real thing, reminds of shooting that old WW2 relic, totally useless in full auto mode but a lot of fun.

Like soemone said earlier, reloading the magazine is slow and laborious, but that's about the only downside.

Top Bottom