• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was reading some crime stats a few months ago for the Southeast. Over 70% of the guns that are stolen each year are taken from cars at a person's home. Of those, over 90% of the cars were left unlocked. There are men out there who round up small groups of teens and drop them off in neighborhoods at night to go through cars looking for cash and guns. They go street by street and leave in within an hour. I guess part of our safety drill has to be to never leave a gun in your car.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was reading some crime stats a few months ago for the Southeast. Over 70% of the guns that are stolen each year are taken from cars at a person's home. Of those, over 90% of the cars were left unlocked. There are men out there who round up small groups of teens and drop them off in neighborhoods at night to go through cars looking for cash and guns. They go street by street and leave in within an hour. I guess part of our safety drill has to be to never leave a gun in your car.
    ANY responsible gun owner knows full well not to leave a firearm in a vehicle. It's not a safety drill, it's common sense. Only time my gun is in my vehicle unattended is if I have to enter a government facility or somewhere else that my CC isn't allowed. I've known people that leave them in their vehicles that I've had to convince to take them inside at night and secure them. They figured a locked car would just automatically stop a thief. Some folks just live in their own little bubble where nothing can seem to happen to them. It's infuriating to say the least.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually got the call today that mine had been recovered in a drug house raid. The investigator said it would be a while for everything to clear but I would get it back.... which is amazing news.
    Congrats on the good news.

Rockola2004

Old Soul Gun Enthusiast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ANY responsible gun owner knows full well not to leave a firearm in a vehicle. It's not a safety drill, it's common sense. Only time my gun is in my vehicle unattended is if I have to enter a government facility or somewhere else that my CC isn't allowed. I've known people that leave them in their vehicles that I've had to convince to take them inside at night and secure them. They figured a locked car would just automatically stop a thief. Some folks just live in their own little bubble where nothing can seem to happen to them. It's infuriating to say the least.
    A good friend from Mobile had two of his stolen out of his truck before this past Christmas while near Montgomery. One thug hit that neighborhood in the wee hours and was seen on surveillance cams carrying multiple (5-6) long guns. All of the vehicles back door windows were broken out as to not set off any alarms. Took pistols and cash too. He left the holsters and wallets and credit cards.

Gamegetter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know that this is an old thread, but great advice Kidsoncoffee! That includes cellphones and anything else of value to you. I'm a retired prosecutor. You would not believe how many times that type of theft occurs in the four counties of the First Judicial Circuit, (Esc., SRC, Okal. Co, Walton Co.) Most of the time, except for home burglaries, it's the same old story-people leaving guns and valuables in their vehicles. For those times, that I have to go into a hospital, governmental building or other place where CCW is prohibited, I secure it (as best as I can) in a lock box cabled and locked inside my vehicle, but I always take it out when I return home. If the folks that choose to leave firearms and other valuables in their vehicles, whether the vehicle is locked or not, do the same, they will be much happier.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom