• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    From the words "You could have Included McArthur.." Those are my husband's expressions.
    He basically hijacked my account because you guys triggered the historic debate in him. :)

He is very good with his knowledge of what really happened ( not the history from the affirmative action schools ) and it was before I dated him that I watched and learned about the Abraham Lincoln that was not the rose colored account the books like to cook.
    Damn straight

Attachments

• 20200417_034750.jpg
      20200417_034750.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 110

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the words "You could have Included McArthur.." Those are my husband's expressions.
    He basically hijacked my account because you guys triggered the historic debate in him. :)

He is very good with his knowledge of what really happened ( not the history from the affirmative action schools ) and it was before I dated him that I watched and learned about the Abraham Lincoln that was not the rose colored account the books like to cook.
    From what I understand, Lincoln was a lawyer that worked I think for the rail roads. Seems all of our 'Great Presidents' had a dark side as did many of the less than Great ones. I was going to say some things and decided not to.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what I understand, Lincoln was a lawyer that worked I think for the rail roads. Seems all of our 'Great Presidents' had a dark side as did many of the less than Great ones. I was going to say some things and decided not to.
    Maybe you only get from here to there if the Devil can manipulate your dark side in some way.
    If not or when they decide to no loner serve their Masters interest, there is that getting fired from the job, literally.

You could say some things and just leave it here hiding in this informative threat. :)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish I could locate the two part video of the Taurus PT1911 "10K round torture test" in one straight session! Filmed in the Phillipines and "one" of their top pro shooters did all the shooting solo. I bet it was a youtube censorship casualty.

Side note: Not a Tank but the U.S has lost several Nukes. If you want to scavenger hunt: one is in North Carolina somewhere!

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish I could locate the two part video of the Taurus PT1911 "10K round torture test" in one straight session! Filmed in the Phillipines and "one" of their top pro shooters did all the shooting solo. I bet it was a youtube censorship casualty.

Side note: Not a Tank but the U.S has lost several Nukes. If you want to scavenger hunt: one is in North Carolina somewhere!
    At the moment I wonder how many the russians lost. Many people do not know that there are other countries that have nuclear weapons and do not announce or admit that they have them. Israel for one and I have been told that Taiwan had developed one some years ago. I do not know if they are supposed to still have it or not.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Recently one missile was found in an airport in Florida? I remember posting in the ."Meanwhile in Florida" thread, I think.
    I will try to search for the torture test!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In context of the original video, we both had in mind a major conflict/war in th continental US.

You could have Included MacArthur attacking the veterans protesting for their bonuses, too, but again that isn't the kind of being talked about. Nor San Juan Hill, nor US bombing of Vasquez Island -- maybe could find unexploded bombs there -- nor Navy shooting down civilian airliner, or Waco massacre by BATF/FBI etc. Perhaps a few left out.

General point, unlike places such as Russia where there might be tanks left in the woods from battles within our lifetimes, not so for US as most mean US. Perhaps clear enough now.
    Do massacres of Native Americans count? This one started when the indians resisted being disarmed. Maybe this happens again in america to defenders of the second amendment.
    Wounded Knee Massacre
    The troopers surrounded Spotted Elk's encampment and set up four rapid-fire Hotchkiss-designed M1875 mountain guns.[21] (Single shot beech loader firing a two pound shell)

At daybreak on December 29, 1890, Forsyth ordered the surrender of weapons and the immediate removal of the Lakota from the "zone of military operations" to awaiting trains. A search of the camp confiscated 38 rifles, and more rifles were taken as the soldiers searched the Indians. None of the old men were found to be armed. A medicine man named Yellow Bird allegedly harangued the young men who were becoming agitated by the search, and the tension spread to the soldiers.[22]

Specific details of what triggered the massacre are debated. According to some accounts, Yellow Bird began to perform the Ghost Dance, telling the Lakota the falsehood that their "ghost shirts" were "bulletproof". As tensions mounted, Black Coyote refused to give up his rifle; he spoke no English and was deaf, and had not understood the order. Another Indian said: "Black Coyote is deaf," and when the soldier persisted, he said, "Stop. He cannot hear your orders." At that moment, two soldiers seized Black Coyote from behind, and (allegedly) in the struggle, his rifle discharged. At the same moment, Yellow Bird threw some dust into the air, and approximately five young Lakota men with concealed weapons threw aside their blankets and fired their rifles at Troop K of the 7th. After this initial exchange, the firing became indiscriminate.[23]

According to commanding General Nelson A. Miles, a "scuffle occurred between one deaf warrior who had [a] rifle in his hand and two soldiers. The rifle was discharged and a battle occurred, not only the warriors but the sick Chief Spotted Elk, and a large number of women and children who tried to escape by running and scattering over the prairie were hunted down and killed."[24]

At first all firing was at close range; half the Indian men were killed or wounded before they had a chance to get off any shots. Some of the Indians grabbed rifles from the piles of confiscated weapons and opened fire on the soldiers. With no cover, and with many of the Indians unarmed, this lasted a few minutes at most. While the Indian warriors and soldiers were shooting at close range, other soldiers used the Hotchkiss guns against the tipi camp full of women and children. It is believed that many of the soldiers were victims of friendly fire from their own Hotchkiss guns. The Indian women and children fled the camp, seeking shelter in a nearby ravine from the crossfire.[25] The officers had lost all control of their men. Some of the soldiers fanned out and finished off the wounded. Others leaped onto their horses and pursued the Natives (men, women, and children), in some cases for miles across the prairies. In less than an hour, at least 150 Lakota had been killed and 50 wounded. Historian Dee Brown, in Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, mentions an estimate of 300[26] of the original 350 having been killed or wounded and that the soldiers loaded 51 survivors (4 men and 47 women and children) onto wagons and took them to the Pine Ridge Reservation.[27] Army casualties numbered 25 dead and 39 wounded

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Do massacres of Native Americans count? This one started when the indians resisted being disarmed. Maybe this happens again in america to defenders of the second amendment.
    Dont forget the second battle of wounded knee with the AIM movement. With 71 days and tens of thousands of rounds fired in the 1970's, I wish I could have seen it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-094915_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201018-094915_Chrome.jpg
      142.9 KB · Views: 91

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dont forget the second battle of wounded knee with the AIM movement. With 71 days and tens of thousands of rounds fired in the 1970's, I wish I could have seen it
    There is news reel video of the second battle of wounded knee, somewhere, if somebody would be kind enough to post a link

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-095555_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201018-095555_Chrome.jpg
      119.4 KB · Views: 91

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At this point I like the way our discussion evolved!
    Very timely since we are at war at present and as you pointed out it may erupt after Nov 3rd.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I certainly feel the Americans that are Constitutionalist resemble the Native Indians more and more. Primarily because we are, like the book Raven suggested to me, an open system "community" .

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was also a recent incident between an iIndian tribe in South Dakota over the CV19 issue where the Governor did not want to allow the Indian reservation to block the state road that passed their territory.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is news reel video of the second battle of wounded knee, somewhere, if somebody would be kind enough to post a link
    Difficult to find a video that is just factual and does not insert some propaganda in it but this has some cool looking tanks in it:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the point of the defenders of the Second amendment, this is what my husband has to say:

"When you asked me whether anti-tank weapons should be included in the 2nd Amendment I said they are included because 'The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed' does not read 'some arms.' If the people decide that some weapons should not be allowed there's a process for that, passing a new amendment. Letting judges and legislators decide however they like what qualifies and what doesn't is throwing out the Constitution. A principal point of the Amendment is for the people to be militarily effective. We should be able to defend against tanks. There is no evidence of need to limit, for example 'obviously' machine guns are too much. Even if you count bump stocks, the only modern example of problem would be Las Vegas, but slow accurate fire would have killed more and it was a false flag on top of that. There is no evidenced need to restrict machine guns and no allowance in the Constitution for doing so. Same for anti-tank weapons."

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the point of the defenders of the Second amendment, this is what my husband has to say:

"When you asked me whether anti-tank weapons should be included in the 2nd Amendment I said they are included because 'The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed' does not read 'some arms.' If the people decide that some weapons should not be allowed there's a process for that, passing a new amendment. Letting judges and legislators decide however they like what qualifies and what doesn't is throwing out the Constitution. A principal point of the Amendment is for the people to be militarily effective. We should be able to defend against tanks. There is no evidence of need to limit, for example 'obviously' machine guns are too much. Even if you count bump stocks, the only modern example of problem would be Las Vegas, but slow accurate fire would have killed more and it was a false flag on top of that. There is no evidenced need to restrict machine guns and no allowance in the Constitution for doing so. Same for anti-tank weapons."

This has always been a concern of mine about how the unorganized militia could deal with tanks since ARs are not particularly effective in this regard.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    This has always been a concern of mine about how the unorganized militia could deal with tanks since ARs are not particularly effective in this regard.
    Burn the tanks. Classic tactic. Cook the crew right out and then do whatever you want to the crew but dont let them near another tank. It takes years and tons of money to train a tank crew. The crew are the real weapon.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Burn the tanks. Classic tactic. Cook the crew right out and then do whatever you want to the crew but dont let them near another tank. It takes years and tons of money to train a tank crew. The crew are the real weapon.
    Could spike the tanks barrel, too, if you can catch them off guard and not manning the machine gun

Top Bottom