• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    But my all time war favorite is light 'em up and wait for them to pop the hatch
    One of the ledge trucks I drove up north could hit all five gears in reverse. Fill the dump body up with 200 square feet of ledge rock and its demo derby time

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    :rolleyes: Just to clarify: I firmly believe we'll be at war with China long before any internal conflict, and in no way would I ever suggest destroying a tank or tank crew without there first being an actual declared war or conflict.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :rolleyes: Just to clarify: I firmly believe we'll be at war with China long before any internal conflict, and in no way would I ever suggest destroying a tank or tank crew without there first being an actual declared war or conflict.
    Do you believe in the Deep State?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Burn the tanks. Classic tactic. Cook the crew right out and then do whatever you want to the crew but dont let them near another tank. It takes years and tons of money to train a tank crew. The crew are the real weapon.
    I had some conversation with fellow I worked with that drove a tank in WWII in south pacific. bottle of gasoline being thrown at his tank did not even make a noticeable rise in temperature inside. Of course it depends on how much is burning. Tanks weigh in at multiple tons of steel.
    What he worried about was getting hit by a cannon or a satchel charge being placed under that tank. I think he only had a Sherman tank that are not especially large tanks. Some tanks do have places where 30 cal bullets can do some damage, but I do not know those.
    Armored gunships are something else that are hard to defend against.
    It is only a movie, but a gunship can do some damage against lightly armed people

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I had some conversation with fellow I worked with that drove a tank in WWII in south pacific. bottle of gasoline being thrown at his tank did not even make a noticeable rise in temperature inside. Of course it depends on how much is burning. Tank weigh in at multiple tons of steel.
    What he worried about was getting hit by a cannon or a satchel charge being placed under that tank. I think he only a Sherman tank that are not especially large tanks. Some tanks do places where 30 cal bullets can do some damage, but I do not know those.
    It is only a movie, but a gunship can do some damage against lightly armed people

Does Russia even still fly the Hind?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I had some conversation with fellow I worked with that drove a tank in WWII in south pacific. bottle of gasoline being thrown at his tank did not even make a noticeable rise in temperature inside. Of course it depends on how much is burning. Tanks weigh in at multiple tons of steel.
    What he worried about was getting hit by a cannon or a satchel charge being placed under that tank. I think he only had a Sherman tank that are not especially large tanks. Some tanks do have places where 30 cal bullets can do some damage, but I do not know those.

Hence last years ATF push to register and serialize all those AR15 uppers that shoot the 50 BMG

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does Russia even still fly the Hind?
    It seems that they still do and it is exported to other countries
    The Mil Mi-24 (Russian: Миль Ми-24; NATO reporting name: Hind) is a large helicopter gunship, attack helicopter and low-capacity troop transport with room for eight passengers.[1] It is produced by Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant and has been operated since 1972 by the Soviet Air Force and its successors, along with 48 other nations.

In NATO circles, the export versions, Mi-25 and Mi-35, are denoted with a letter suffix as "Hind D" and "Hind E". Soviet pilots called the Mi-24 the "flying tank" (летающий танк; letayushchiy tank), a term used historically with the famous World War II Soviet Il-2 Shturmovik armored ground attack aircraft. More common unofficial nicknames were "Galina" (or "Galya"), "Crocodile" (Крокодил; Krokodil), due to the helicopter's camouflage scheme and "Drinking Glass" (Стакан; Stakan), because of the flat glass plates that surround earlier Mi-24 variants' cockpits.[
    1603055151346.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hence last years ATF push to register and serialize all those AR15 uppers that shoot the 50 BMG
    Which further lays the groundwork and premise for registering and serializing all the rest of the AR uppers, no matter the caliber

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A 50 even with improved AP will not go through the armor of a typical tank, but I again there may unarmored accessories like periscope etc that one could destroy. I just do not know enough about tanks.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    A 50 even with improved AP will not go through the armor of a typical tank, but I again there may unarmored accessories like periscope etc that one could destroy. I just do not know enough about tanks.
    Tank track links and wheels. Ground that thing right where it sits. Let them spin the turret. They gotta come out sooner or later

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Run them over with a CAT 330 or D8

Running over a tank. It depends on the tank vs the tractor.
    A D8 cat is about 80,000 lb (36,000 kg) depending upon year, model and accessories. or 40 tons.
    M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank
    M1/IPM1M1A1
    Height:7.79 FT8.0 FT
    Top Speed:45.0 MPH41.5 MPH
    Weight:60 TONS67.6 TONS
    Armament:105 MM120 MM

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I'd imagine that there's enough used cooking oil out back of every one of those restaurants on 90 to light up a whole tank battalion

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sooo, are you going to tell us what you know?
    Front page of the Marine Corps newspaper they said the Marine Corps just disbanded all of their tank battalions and placed the tank crews into other positions. Said that the Marine Corps is getting ready to focus more on amphibious operations. Now, I wonder who those amphibious ops could be aimed at? Who just built three aircraft carrier groups from scratch almost overnight? And then also built airfields from scratch, right off of the sea floor, just off the coasts of every one of our allies in the South China Sea? China, folks. Oh, and then China built a 4,000 man refueling station at the bottom of the world so that they can get the Chinese carrier groups around the world without needing to go through the American influenced Panama Canal

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Top Bottom