• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    They used it to insert the canisters that burned the compound to the ground and murdered like 70 women and children
    Never forget. Never ever ever. Guess who was there.... old whatshisname that later parked the truck bomb under the nursery at the Oklahoma Federal Building. Any coincidence? I think not

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They used it to insert the canisters that burned the compound to the ground and murdered like 70 women and children
    The way I understand it the tanks smashed the staircases at the bottom and got tear gas in. I was not aware that it was by inserting canisters and thought it was pumped in, but regardless it was put into the building. Here is where the FBI and opposition differ. They claimed the victims set the from fuel stocks spread throughout building. It is claimed that there is a LEL, or lower exposive limit and and a UEL, upper _ _ for a tear gas aerosol a spark set off an explosive mixture. But anyway a fire did start. The smashed stair cases made them unusable and they then functioned as ventilation shafts to feed air in at the bottom. The walls and building in general was not built to code without fireblocking in the wall is a claim. Once fire started it became a death trap.
    Fire historically is the favorite way to end a siege or destroy a city.

1602961212777.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never forget. Never ever ever. Guess who was there.... old whatshisname that later parked the truck bomb under the nursery at the Oklahoma Federal Building. Any coincidence? I think not
    During the stand-off between federal agents and the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas in 1993, people gathered on a hill roughly three miles away to see what was happening at the compound. One of those drawn to Waco was a 24-year-old Army veteran named Timothy McVeigh.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The way I understand it the tanks smashed the staircases at the bottom and got tear gas in. I was not aware that it was by inserting canisters and thought it was pumped in, but regardless it was put into the building. Here is where the FBI and opposition differ. They claimed the victims set the from fuel stocks spread throughout building. It is claimed that there is a LEL, or lower exposive limit and and a UEL, upper _ _ for a tear gas aerosol a spark set off an explosive mixture. But anyway a fire did start. The smashed stair cases made them unusable and they then functioned as ventilation shafts to feed air in at the bottom. The walls and building in general was not built to code without fireblocking in the wall is a claim. Once fire started it became a death trap.
    Fire historically is the favorite way to end a siege or destroy a city.

View attachment 94984
    For sure, fire is the favorite and most destructive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200414-201049_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200414-201049_Chrome.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 76

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Here's another one of my favorite gun videos. Stay off of the walls!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200610-192618_YouTube.jpg
      Screenshot_20200610-192618_YouTube.jpg
      115.9 KB · Views: 80

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's another one of my favorite gun videos. Stay off of the walls!
    A decent class in close range gun fighting will teach that and I read of people from their own personal combat experience getting shot from hugging the walls. The Delta people in that case warned them to stay away from the walls.

For fighting in structures as a civilian or LEO, my advice is not do unless you must. If it is not your building, then fire is your friend.
    I have a three hour series of videos showing how to fight in structures. It made even more complicated in that most internal structures are concealment and not cover.

In WWII the military simply tossed in grenades or fired machineguns or used things like rockets or artillery on suspect structures when possible. A lot of non-combatants got killed that way.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Americans vs Americans at the 5 day Battle of Blair Mountain was after WW1. Had everything from heavy machine guns, miles of trenches and planes dropping ordnance
    In context of the original video, we both had in mind a major conflict/war in th continental US.

You could have Included MacArthur attacking the veterans protesting for their bonuses, too, but again that isn't the kind of being talked about. Nor San Juan Hill, nor US bombing of Vasquez Island -- maybe could find unexploded bombs there -- nor Navy shooting down civilian airliner, or Waco massacre by BATF/FBI etc. Perhaps a few left out.

General point, unlike places such as Russia where there might be tanks left in the woods from battles within our lifetimes, not so for US as most mean US. Perhaps clear enough now.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tank have always come in diverse sizes. Here is a 'cute' little one from WWI.
    View attachment 94969
    Remember the movie 'The last crusade'. Well some of those tanks volume wise were big, even if their armor was not super heavy.
    View attachment 94980

Modern Tank against Dravidians-Waco
    View attachment 94982
    I had no idea about the little tanks.
    Waco was an act of terrorism by the crime family that many Americans think of as Royalty.

I will celebrate the day Hillary gets her dues.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In context of the original video, we both had in mind a major conflict/war in th continental US.

You could have Included MacArthur attacking the veterans protesting for their bonuses, too, but again that isn't the kind of being talked about. Nor San Juan Hill, nor US bombing of Vasquez Island -- maybe could find unexploded bombs there -- nor Navy shooting down civilian airliner, or Waco massacre by BATF/FBI etc. Perhaps a few left out.

General point, unlike places such as Russia where there might be tanks left in the woods from battles within our lifetimes, not so for US as most mean US. Perhaps clear enough now.
    Not many people know about the bonus marchers. From what I read and was told everything from sabre armed men on horse back, tanks, and even a machine gun was used on WWI vets asking for their service Bonuses to be paid if I recall early.
    Said to have led to the GI bill.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I'd love to be able to sit inside my gun and drive it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-152001_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201017-152001_Chrome.jpg
      119.8 KB · Views: 64
    • Screenshot_20201017-152009_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201017-152009_Chrome.jpg
      140.4 KB · Views: 73
    • Screenshot_20201017-152012_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201017-152012_Chrome.jpg
      130.9 KB · Views: 69
    • Screenshot_20201017-152017_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201017-152017_Chrome.jpg
      155.8 KB · Views: 70
    • Screenshot_20201017-152022_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201017-152022_Chrome.jpg
      136.3 KB · Views: 67
    • Screenshot_20201017-152029_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201017-152029_Chrome.jpg
      138.5 KB · Views: 70

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    When I was a kid I did get to drive one of these and shoot tennis balls at the other tank. Crew of two, and we got a break halfway through to switch places at the gun. Very cool. Wouldn't mind building something similar some day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-152507_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201017-152507_Chrome.jpg
      122.3 KB · Views: 70

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Years ago when I was at tulane two off campus fraternities had vehicles. One was a fire pumper truck and the other fraternity had a half track.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many years ago there was a huge amusement park called river view in chicago. And one attraction was air compressor powered bb guns set up to look like 50 caliber machine guns and they had little air plane targets you could shoot at.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Yeah, put one of those BB 50's in a golf cart chassis and wrap some tank-shaped fiberglass around it... you'll get your ass SWAT teamed nowadays! But it would be worth it! Just make it radio controlled and wipe off the fingerprints! I got my son a radio controlled airsoft tank for Christmas about 5 years ago. It has a working turret and fires at 300 rounds a minute, all radio controlled from the couch. Priceless. My wife had to take it away from me. Lmao, I found it in the move down here about a year ago. Hehehehe

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd love to be able to sit inside my gun and drive it
    That is what I was thinking when I saw the Russian tank all cleaned up, ha! Just the right size for me..:)

The above being in the UK they probably also have a pub inside, lol..

When I build my gun room on my land in the Panhandle I shall also look for a small tank like that to put next to it. Could fire 40mm ammo/tear gas to warn intruders they can be seen and attended to.

Grand Thumb had a video on Grand launchers. I will try to find it.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, put one of those BB 50's in a golf cart chassis and wrap some tank-shaped fiberglass around it... you'll get your ass SWAT teamed nowadays! But it would be worth it! Just make it radio controlled and wipe off the fingerprints! I got my son a radio controlled airsoft tank for Christmas about 5 years ago. It has a working turret and fires at 300 rounds a minute, all radio controlled from the couch. Priceless. My wife had to take it away from me. Lmao, I found it in the move down here about a year ago. Hehehehe
    Please post a video!
    :D

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not many people know about the bonus marchers. From what I read and was told everything from sabre armed men on horse back, tanks, and even a machine gun was used on WWI vets asking for their service Bonuses to be paid if I recall early.
    Said to have led to the GI bill.
    From the words "You could have Included McArthur.." Those are my husband's expressions.
    He basically hijacked my account because you guys triggered the historic debate in him. :)

He is very good with his knowledge of what really happened ( not the history from the affirmative action schools ) and it was before I dated him that I watched and learned about the Abraham Lincoln that was not the rose colored account the books like to cook.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was a kid I did get to drive one of these and shoot tennis balls at the other tank. Crew of two, and we got a break halfway through to switch places at the gun. Very cool. Wouldn't mind building something similar some day
    We have never saw that before, either!
    Very cool.

Top Bottom