Family came down to help build a shed and I took my dad to the range.

DAS HUGH!

Expert
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven't been able to get a sig MCX in 300- These are all DI uppers. At the rate gun prices are going I may never be able to get one. lol
I am glad I got a MPX when I could. :)
Oh well hell mortar that bad boy one if its DI. and yeah I have a MPX also.. but with a binary trigger lol. She's a beast!.

But yeah get you're extractor bit down onto the rounds. And put the gun in safe mode. And go find a wood step or something solid. And slam the rifle down buttfirst on it. Can't remember if ya have to hold back the charging handle as ya do it or not. But a good 3 or 4 whacks usually does the job. Be sure to keep your face away from barrel also as ya so this just to be safe. I'd do that with the one with the live round in it for sure. Don't poke it with a rod in barrel on the one with live ammo in chamber. The one with a spent case tho. Yes it's safe to use a dowel.. or copper rod on that rifle I'd say

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
<

DAS HUGH!

Expert
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YouTube how to mortar an AR. You'll see its pretty easy

DAS HUGH!

Expert
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact.. if ya like SIGs.. I'm near Foley Al. Not far from Pensacola. I have my own little range. But you're welcome to bring your MPX.. and other guns and shoot some of mine too. I have the MCX Rattler in 300. If ya wanna see what it's like. Also a 71i gen 2 308 SIG. And other neat toys. And if ya bring that ammo well see how it runs in mine. I have a Anderson 300 DI we can also test it in with as well

Jester896

Master
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A body die should be easy enough to use with some sizing wax. With all the places selling reman ammo out there now I see issues more and more. A body die doesn't have an expander and you can size a live round with it. It doesn't size the neck just the body.

44Ruger

Expert
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first thing you should do is stop on the shed and go buy some cheaper than dirt solid concrete blocks to get that lumber off the ground.

Raise it up and block it before it gets to heavy!

Jester896

Master
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It looks like in one pic that he may have 4X4s that it is anchored or raised with then back filled it a little.

Raven

Master
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ya wood works too I just had a spent case in mine so brass worked best. But a live round ya wood would be better. Was the primer spent? Let me know in pm how I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The benefits of having a solid cleaning rod versus a bore snake. Russians got it right. They retained the solid one piece strong steel cleaning rod under the barrel, with the gun at all times, just in case. I can't tell you how many flimsy M16 cleaning rod sections I have seen over the years that had completely stripped threads or were bent. I had to beat two stuck projectiles out of a Chinese milsurp SKS and a Romanian underfolder. Sold the rest of the 1,000 round lot of Wolf for scrap price of the components and with a warning. That was like 10 years ago, but there could be some still floating around. I should have pulled the projectiles on the whole lot

Last edited:

Longtooth

Master
Staff member
Super Moderator
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It looks like in one pic that he may have 4X4s that it is anchored or raised with then back filled it a little.

That's exactly what I did. I put 6 4x4 posts 3 feet into the ground and then backfilled under the shed.

Top Bottom