• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    3 charged with selling fake body armor

Updated: Oct 23, 2013 2:02 AM CDT
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Three central Florida men are facing charges after authorities say they were selling fake body armor.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement reported Monday that 57-year-old Scott Anderson sold counterfeit body armor at gun shows across Florida. Agents believe 51-year-old Scott Williams and 36-year-old Arami Rodriguez worked for Anderson and assisted in the manufacturing and selling of the fake body armor.

FDLE began investigating in August after a customer called a legitimate manufacturer to report that body armor purchased at a West Palm Beach gun show might be fake. The company contacted authorities, and testing confirmed the body armor provided no ballistic protection.

FDLE searched an Ocoee business owned by Anderson in September and found counterfeit body armor of multiple manufacturers.

All three men have been charged with organized scheme to defraud and counterfeiting body armor. It wasn't immediately clear if they had attorneys.

http://www.wfla.com/story/23763569/3-charged-with-selling-fake-body-armor

joe

Master
    Ouch! That would really suck to get fake body amour. Hope no one gets killed because of these pricks.

Joe

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Thats scary... Doesn't make me feel real good about the vests that I have, I should probably test them...

I have a few .308 armor piercing rounds. That will give them a test for sure. :smile:

Top Bottom