APOD Firearms

Everglades Ammo 9mm 115GN JHP RN load data help...?!?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've got some Everglades Ammo 9mm 115GN JHP RN version 2 projectiles. Trying to find what the comparable projectiles to use load data for. Seeing that some folks are using the data from 124GN Hornady XTP-HP, and others are using JHP Nosler data. Anyone have these with some consistent data? Wanting to use Accurate No.2 since I have 10lbs sitting here not being used for anything else. I have plenty of data for my FMJ with No2, but nothing I can find for 115gn JHP RN. Should I just use FMJ data for it instead? My FMJ are 0.555 in length and the JHP RN are 0.545 in length. Should I just use the FMJ RN data since they're the same weight and length? Any help is appreciated.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Where are you seeing people using a different bullet weight load data as the starting point?

One thing you could do is look for a comparable bullet at 115gr load data , either via manual, one of the various powder manufactures websites,, or whatnot. The other is you could contact everglades and ask them if they know of a comparable bullets data to keep in mind as a reference point.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've consulted multiple manuals and online powder sites. Can't find anything for a 115GN JHP RN. Plenty of info for the 124GN XTPs though. It measures almost exactly like a FMJ RN, and that's the data I'm leaning towards. But using Accurate No.2, a few tenths of a grain can be the difference between pop...and BOOM!

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Western Powder Co / AA Powders
    They list loads with several different 115 & 124 gn 9's.
    Thanks but I don't have a Nosler to compare to mine. I'd need to know the OAL of the projectile. Considering it's basically the same exact size as a FMJ RN, I'm gonna use that data. It will give me the COAL I need as well as powder drop. Just gonna float a hair above the minimum load and work it up a few tenths from there. This is my first time using No.2 so gonna keep it on the safe side. I've got some sierras that are .0375 shorter than these everglades so I'll be hunting some data on those. Maybe they're the same as the noslers. The everglades measure 0.550 and sierras are 0.5125, my plated FMJ RN are 0.550.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Where are you seeing people using a different bullet weight load data as the starting point?

One thing you could do is look for a comparable bullet at 115gr load data , either via manual, one of the various powder manufactures websites,, or whatnot. The other is you could contact everglades and ask them if they know of a comparable bullets data to keep in mind as a reference point.
    Sorry for the confusion. These everglade projectiles are a JHP RN so they're not as short as a regular JHP. They're the same length as my FMJ projectiles. It's a weird one that I've never loaded before. I have multiple JHPs from different manufacturers but they're all short like your usual JHP. These JHP RN are a new one to me for their length. I'm just worried about getting the correct COAL more than I am getting the correct charge. I can work with lower charges and go up and check for signs of pressure. I'm waiting on a reply from everglades to see if I need to use JHP data or FMJ data.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I mean if it's the same contour/bullet length as an fmj and can be seated to same oal as the fmj try that careful. But if your powder choice is that sensitive then ya.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My AR9, M&P 9, M&P shield, and beretta. Mainly looking for a load to run accurately in the pistols, and hopefully run good in the AR9 at 50 yards.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Finally got a reply from everglades ammo. They said to just load using other JHP data. They're seated a little more than my FMJ but it's still nowhere near pushing a compressed load using only 4.0GN of Accurate No.2 Gonna hit the range next week and see how they do. I loaded Berrys Plated 115GN FMJ, Sierra 115GN JHP, and Everglades 115GN JHP RN. All with 4.0GN of Accurate No.2 Will reply back with data after my range trip.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Have you a chronograph?

To see if your efforts come close to velocity posted in load data?
    I'm hopefully going to be borrowing a friend's if he makes it back in town in time. If not, I'm gonna call a couple ranges and see if they have any to rent. Unless someone here wants to rent me theirs. I can leave a full deposit to cover the cost of it with tax and shipping if anyone is feeling generous.

Top Bottom