• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I shot the RPGI steel challenge match last Saturday at Element Training Center in Holt. I was frustrated by my double action first shots with my CZ Shadow 2. Probably 70% training and 30% trigger. Eric Jackson, the gunsmith at Oakridge in Gulf Breeze, was on my squad. He and his son are starting to shoot some local matches. I asked Eric if he could do something to lighten up the double action pull and still maintain reliability. He said he could and mentioned one of our squad mates had a CZ he had done some trigger work on. He took my gun with him after the match. He called me on Wednesday to tell me it was ready to go. I picked it up today. He did a fantastic job. He wanted me to shoot it with my ammo to make sure it was still reliable. I put about 50 rounds through it today with zero issues. Not only did he do a great job lightening and smoothing the trigger - the price was more than fair. Highly recommend him if you need some work done.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Good to know there's a quality smith down here for us south end folks. I youtube way too much shit and break out my dremel and it hasn't failed me yet. I've been able to change springs and polish my triggers and feed ramps without fail as of yet and also cut an edge on some components for a cleaner break. I'm just a broke ass though that can't afford to send anything off to get worked on. It's why I can rebuild any gas engine, outboard, lower unit, atv, and jet ski from the ground up...being broke as hell and wanting to play...that's awesome your team member can hook it up though. I wonder what other guns you've got that you now wanna get tightened up? I bet it's got you thinking..hahaha

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    He did some work on my wife's AK and did a good job. Cool guy to talk with also.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had him do some work on several of my firearms. It wasn't very complex but the work he did was very competent and very responsive. I wouldn't hesitate to take him anything to work on.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I know Eric and he is a super nice guy and always willing to help. He’s never done any gunsmithing work for me but I would not hesitate to use him. In case anybody’s wondering who he is Oak Ridge he’s the guy who looks like a roadie for the Doobie Brothers LOL

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Good to know there's a quality smith down here for us south end folks. I youtube way too much shit and break out my dremel and it hasn't failed me yet. I've been able to change springs and polish my triggers and feed ramps without fail as of yet and also cut an edge on some components for a cleaner break. I'm just a broke ass though that can't afford to send anything off to get worked on. It's why I can rebuild any gas engine, outboard, lower unit, atv, and jet ski from the ground up...being broke as hell and wanting to play...that's awesome your team member can hook it up though. I wonder what other guns you've got that you now wanna get tightened up? I bet it's got you thinking..hahaha
    I do much of my own work too. I’m a Youtube expert! It is nice to know that if I screw it up I can take Eric a bunch of parts in a box and he can put it back togethe…

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely keep Eric in mind. Oak ridge is a cool gun store also. Hit Oak Ridge first then drive a short ways to Tradewinds and you've pretty much seen a complete gun show minus the beef jerky and China crap knives and scopes.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely keep Eric in mind. Oak ridge is a cool gun store also. Hit Oak Ridge first then drive a short ways to Tradewinds and you've pretty much seen a complete gun show minus the beef jerky and China crap knives and scopes.
    Yeah and you get gun show prices on firearms and ammo at both places...I do like to window shop there, but holy hell, their prices are through the roof. Miles has done me good on a few used guns that were what you'd call lower class guns, but his other stuff is just priced too much for me.

Top Bottom