• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dewayne G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you thought about shooting Steel Challenge? ERGC is hosting a FREE clinic on Friday, June 10th from 4:30 - Close that deals with all the information necessary to get from your home to your first shots at the range. Instructors Dewayne Gainous, Hobbie Chestney, President Josh Bledsoe, and Gatlin Johnson will walk you through everything you need to know to be successful. This a no-fire course that is a open to members and non-members alike. Sign up in the shack, or via the link below.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Was this event held? A pretty big storm hit out my way and I wasn’t able to make it. Would really like the info. or any follow up meetings?

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shooting steel is a hoot. Back in the 80's Steel Challenge was not in south Florida, but there was a "World Speed Shooting Association" which used several of the Steel Challenge course of fire setups like 5 to go, outer limits, and speed option, with others that used 5 small 8" knockdown plates and yet another with an optional stop plate FAR away that deducted time from the run. One of my faves was "Double Trouble" (now retired) which was two maybe 12" plates setup vertically. There were others that were retired long ago along with WSSA and Bud Wolfe.

There were no pistol rules, you shot what you had, no target painting. If you rang steel you scored a hit, no ring, keep shooting till you do or DNF.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom