• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oh, I did get an email back. He mentioned that they will be testing impact of different ammo types on their steel and they are looking at a couple of options based on the results of the test. He also mentioned I wasn't the only one that has brought up this concern.

"Based on the results of the test, steel targets may be removed or the club may let people shoot the steel and replace targets as needed."

But yeah, it seems like the club is still solid and is listening to feedback.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, I did get an email back. He mentioned that they be testing impact of different ammo types on their steel and they are looking at a couple of options based on the results of the test. He also mentioned I wasn't the only one that has brought up this concern.

"Based on the results of the test, steel targets may be removed or the club may let people shoot the steel and replace targets as needed."

But yeah, it seems like the club is still solid and is listening to feedback.
    ERGC has always been quite a democratic gun club and it has led in the past to some leadership fights. But it has survived it all. Relative to development they are blessed in having an impact area that is the Escambia Wetlands that the realtors can not likely build on. They just purchased new land and I suspect if other clubs are interested in the coming years as sand-clay mining continues in that area there could be more land available. On the map I do see land that probably that is too close and low relative to the wet lands that could be available for something. Below is an example. In upper left corner is a stripped mined area. Lots of snakes around there.

1594318788427.png

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Sounds positive but that whole headache of logging in should disappear. How was it before hand? Computers were the future, now they are the devil. I would like to join a club somewhere very soon, but I don't know if it's my first choice.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sounds positive but that whole headache of logging in should disappear. How was it before hand? Computers were the future, now they are the devil. I would like to join a club somewhere very soon, but I don't know if it's my first choice.

You signed a sheet with your member number and what range you were going to.

Even with the new system it hasn't been that much worse for me. It never found my member number and I'd get the RSO and then was good to go within a couple of minutes. This last time we discovered it was looking for my original member number instead of the new one on the new card.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Used to be paper, but then behind the scenes that way transferred to computer by volunteers, by hand. We’re hoping to do like a gym, where you just scan a card and go, but the bender we chose initially apparently oversold their abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you guys need help picking out a vendor or depending on budget and timeline I could probably build something smaller and more lightweight depending on scope. I have my master's in computer science and have been doing database development and worked heavily with software engineers for about ten years now.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    CESwartz07 - It's good to know there is a forum member and (at least one) voice of reason on the board, and I (and I'm sure many others here) greatly appreciate hearing any information/updates about the various "goings on" at ERGC.

Regarding the computer login, I renewed in early March, shortly before the shutdown. With my renewal came a new member # (not sure why, after all these years) and I have not been able to log in. On my last trip the RSO suggested using my old member # and it worked perfectly.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of valid points and the fact is, the people who shoot the steel with steel core ammo are the people who will show the RSO the non steel stuff and then shoot the steel Stuff anyways. So in the end, they just gonna have to remove the steel. Not allowing people to shoot mostly the only ammo you can get is gonna be a problem!
    They could keep the pistol racks where only pistol and rimfire are allowed.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting, in my experience M193 tears up steel much more than M855 because of velocity! .243 tears the crap out of AR500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very true. .243 with light bullets will zip though 3/8 inch AR500!

dgray

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m laughing at some of these comments. I’ve been a victim of the the brass nazi who told me twice, within probably 20 minutes to pick up my brass. He told me and only me when there were other shooters at the location. I responded to him “always do!” both times. However, shortly after him telling me that, I had to tell another member he’s not supposed to be working on his firearm at the firing line when the range is cold especially when people are changing their targets. Big safety violation in my opinion, but let’s focus on the brass.

Hopefully they get this straightened out. I have a place I can shoot for free, but EGRC is closer and I believe in supporting them.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just want concrete under the shooting stations because I hate spending half my time at the range digging through dirt for brass (mine and everyone else's)

Of course, my membership ended about the time they shut down for covid and I have yet to renew, though I do plan on it soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Concrete is not cheap, but I know a guy who can probably do a great price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'll come up and form it for a free 2 year renewal, and the ability to shoot steel core ammo. Otherwise, I dont' think I'm gonna renew.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'll come up and form it for a free 2 year renewal, and the ability to shoot steel core ammo. Otherwise, I dont' think I'm gonna renew.

concrete would be great and it is easy to pick up brass off of. Need to go a few feet in front of each station.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was a time when if you did so many saturday workdays, you got a free membership. The problem was there were a lot of people showing up and doing nothing. When membership was only 15 or 25 dollars it was not that big of a deal. I remember we were reroofing after a hurricane. There only a few of us out of about 25 people that were really working. Well you had to climb up on top of the roof then. Many could not do it. I was on about half way up, but did not trust it to support me. There was a skinny young fellow that did duct work that really did most of it.
    The number of free memberships vs work actually done was thought to be a financial burden and done away with. the thing is some people were working. One that did a lot of work then got real mad and now handles maintenance for free elsewhere. I guess that concrete laying could be negotiated with the board. Of course it would be nice to have concrete, but for most it is not a deal breaker. There is so much work to do there and the ERGC/ERML still have outstanding mortgages to pay for the recent land purchase. I have one of the twenty that were sold.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    does anyone here know where I could buy a small "nut/brass wizard" that'll reliably pick up the little .22 rimfire cases? I have one for the larger cases but it won't get the ,22s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom