• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Email I just received the Club president

This is a text block. You can use it toMembership,
    We have great news. Starting Tuesday 12, May the range will resume normal operating hours. We ask everyone to maintain social distancing guidelines, but don’t let that hold you back from enjoying the range. Our Monthly matches are kicking back off as well. Each month we have Cowboy action, Muzzleloader, Black powder cartridge, Military Rife, IDPA and Speed steel. There is no easier and more enjoyable way to increase your skills than participating in a little competition.

See you at the range.

Jeff
    add text to your template.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Does anyone know if they'll give us a prorated discount on our membership renewals? I tried emailing them and haven't gotten a reply. Should I try to email the address chestney.j@sdnwfl.com? I can't find anywhere else to shoot outdoors at 100 yards so I'm gonna have to renew.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know if they'll give us a prorated discount on our membership renewals? I tried emailing them and haven't gotten a reply. Should I try to email the address chestney.j@sdnwfl.com? I can't find anywhere else to shoot outdoors at 100 yards so I'm gonna have to renew.
    I think when the range is open you can call the RSO and maybe get some information. The listed contact number is 850-356-6534
    If no answer drive up there and try to talk the RSO
    I am not sure who is the membership secretary at the moment. To join anyway you have to pass the online safety quiz.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think when the range is open you can call the RSO and maybe get some information. The listed contact number is 850-356-6534
    If no answer drive up there and try to talk the RSO
    I am not sure who is the membership secretary at the moment. To join anyway you have to pass the online safety quiz.
    I'm already a member, I just want to renew and maybe get a discount for the time we weren't able to use the range. I think it's only fair. I'll give a call tomorrow. Thanks.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm already a member, I just want to renew and maybe get a discount for the time we weren't able to use the range. I think it's only fair. I'll give a call tomorrow. Thanks.
    To renew you still have to pass the last time that I heard the online safety quiz. For them to refund that money would be a very significant part of their operating budget. I am likely one of the older members that is still alive over there having joined in 1985.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    To renew you still have to pass the last time that I heard the online safety quiz. For them to refund that money would be a very significant part of their operating budget. I am likely one of the older members that is still alive over there having joined in 1985.
    Gotcha. I'm not looking for a refund. I just feel that we are due a discount since we were unable to use the range. They had access to the government grants to cover any shortcomings in the budget and I'd hope that they would have utilized them. It's no different than your gym giving you a discount on renewal for not being able to access it. They weren't having to pay anyone out there while it was shut down. They were technically making money by it being closed. I just feel if I pay for a yearlong service, if that service were interrupted, I'd like to have some form of compensation. If your internet was down for a month or two and you paid for those months, would you not be asking for some form of compensation? It's no different in this situation.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Gotcha. I'm not looking for a refund. I just feel that we are due a discount since we were unable to use the range. They had access to the government grants to cover any shortcomings in the budget and I'd hope that they would have utilized them. It's no different than your gym giving you a discount on renewal for not being able to access it. They weren't having to pay anyone out there while it was shut down. They were technically making money by it being closed. I just feel if I pay for a yearlong service, if that service were interrupted, I'd like to have some form of compensation. If your internet was down for a month or two and you paid for those months, would you not be asking for some form of compensation? It's no different in this situation.
    Moreover, they had every reason to stay open... unlike gyms, who were forced to close. They chose to close the gun range. I'd be expecting a refund or discount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Not my take on it. With me it is strong belief in having what is a private club that is open to all honest citizens of NWFL.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Not my take on it. With me it is strong belief in having what is a private club that is open to all honest citizens of NWFL.
    Just asking, but are you calling me dishonest here for trying to get back a service that I paid for? Dishonesty is taking from paying customers and giving no recourse for compensation.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just asking, but are you calling me dishonest here for trying to get back a service that I paid for? Dishonesty is taking from paying customers and giving no recourse for compensation.
    Sir, I do not understand what you are going on about. I have certainly not called you dishonest. What could you have possibly done in that way.
    I said I understood where you are coming from. I consider myself more of a patron in my relations to the club and fact I do hold one of the 20 mortgages that was used in the recent land purchase because of a personal choice.
    You have paid for services and while I am not a lawyer, there could be an obligation for the club to make good on them. Fact is lately I seldom use my membership preferring to shoot most often at the PRPC.
    I will not discuss this further with you other than to say I do somethings that I consider to be for the betterment of the community and expect nothing in return. I certainly do not expect others to act as i act.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    EVERYONE that wants to shoot,needs a place to shoot. We all make our decissions re. other things in life. Guns,ammo,hunting clubs. Shooting ranges,are no different.
    I am glad that ERGC and SRSC both,are open for the safety conscious individuals. Both gun related and CV. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    EVERYONE that wants to shoot,needs a place to shoot. We all make our decissions re. other things in life. Guns,ammo,hunting clubs. Shooting ranges,are no different.
    I am glad that ERGC and SRSC both,are open for the safety conscious individuals. Both gun related and CV. --- SAWMAN
    >>>>>>>>>>>>This<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    One way of protecting the second amendment is having places for people to shoot and to also encourage the young to participate in shooting disciplines. Could be trap, small bore bench rest, etc. All of these require clubs since most can not have their own ranges. It would be better if the local counties would build and maintain such places. And there has been talk of that in Escambia County, but nothing to my knowledge has come of it.
    I am in favor of as many clubs and also private ranges for profit as is feasible. The thought is to have as many places engaged in making, individual recreation and training, organized shooting sports and also to allow training of all sorts with weapons readily available to the people that are the unorganized militia of the USA.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Problem is . . . having a club where ANY branch of government (fed,state,county,city,etc,etc) is in charge, it will be financed by the inept,incompetent,and unworthy. The non knowing,and most likely nowadays,the anti gun liberals.
    The shooters,members,and guests,will be held hostage,at any time,for any reason.
    I want the government out of my life. Not embedded like a effin tick. --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Problem is . . . having a club where ANY branch of government (fed,state,county,city,etc,etc) is in charge, it will be financed by the inept,incompetent,and unworthy. The non knowing,and most likely nowadays,the anti gun liberals.
    The shooters,members,and guests,will be held hostage,at any time,for any reason.
    I want the government out of my life. Not embedded like a effin tick. --- SAWMAN
    Y'all keeping track? I can't believe it but I agreed with SAWMAN...... AGAIN

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understand there are drawbacks, but if the county offers parks of all sorts, no reason why some could not be for gun ranges also. Does not mean that people can not still have private clubs. Problem is it seems most counties these days are trying to shut down private ranges. In Alabama there are state maintained ranges available if I got it right to the public for a reasonable fee.
    It used to be to be years ago some schools actually had .22 ranges in them and some national guard armories would allow people to use their indoor range. I have shot at an indoor range in maryland once.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Disagree sir. Dog walkers and people swinging and slideing with their kids are a different entity.
    I do not shoot in their publically funded ( by me ) parks and playgrounds,I don't want them shooting where i go. --- SAWMAN

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Florida has about a dozen state operated ranges. I've shot on several. Some are decent. Others I will never set foot on again without body armour and authorization to go in hot.

Top Bottom