• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish people had reading comprehension.

I don't care about 6 through 10. I'm not shitting on ergc. Obviously if I didn't like ergc, I wouldn't be saying anything because I wouldn't care. It's because I enjoy the club and take pride in my membership that I feel the need to speak up when I see something so blatantly elitist.

I want to know why ranges 5 and 5a are closed instead of the ranges behind 5 and 5a. Like Dewayne said...5 and 5a are in view of the RSO so why would they close those and not the one behind it out of view and not safely monitored by an rso?

And whoever said range 3 is closed only once a month doesn't visit the range enough to know any better. They have been allowing private classes on range 3 which closes off any chance to shoot steel. It's happened twice this past month.

Maybe you could stop being defensive for 2 seconds and realize what I'm truly saying

38Super

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish people had reading comprehension.

I don't care about 6 through 10. I'm not shitting on ergc. Obviously if I didn't like ergc, I wouldn't be saying anything because I wouldn't care. It's because I enjoy the club and take pride in my membership that I feel the need to speak up when I see something so blatantly elitist.

I want to know why ranges 5 and 5a are closed instead of the ranges behind 5 and 5a. Like Dewayne said...5 and 5a are in view of the RSO so why would they close those and not the one behind it out of view and not safely monitored by an rso?

And whoever said range 3 is closed only once a month doesn't visit the range enough to know any better. They have been allowing private classes on range 3 which closes off any chance to shoot steel. It's happened twice this past month.

Maybe you could stop being defensive for 2 seconds and realize what I'm truly saying
    Hey Flow,

I’m Josh - President of ERGC. We’ve been working for a while trying to get range 5 open again and it’s open now! It wasn’t closed to accommodate 6-10, it was closed because we needed a lot of volunteers on hand to get it fixed to be shootable again. I apologize if it appeared to be closed to favor 6-10.

Thanks to a group of incredible volunteers, the work is done.

Yes, I’m a very active competitive shooter, but the competitions never come before our members. That said, sometimes there’s give and take. I’m unaware of range three being closed for more than CCW, and I’ll look into it.

If you’d like to talk more, I’m always open to talking with members. You have my ear any time you want it.

Josh

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I just returned from ERGC this afternoon. I arrived this morning (after a long absence) with handguns and long guns and was disappointed to see the ground all torn up (drainage work) and ranges 1-2 inaccessible. The only full-length range that was open (not sure the #) was full, and after having driven from GB/Midway, I was a bit frustrated. The RSO (I'm bad with names and forgot his) was extremely helpful, allowing me to use range 2, and since I couldn't drive to it, he even offered to help me carry my stuff in (which I appreciated but declined). I've never had a negative experience at ERGC.

38Super

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just returned from ERGC this afternoon. I arrived this morning (after a long absence) with handguns and long guns and was disappointed to see the ground all torn up (drainage work) and ranges 1-2 inaccessible. The only full-length range that was open (not sure the #) was full, and after having driven from GB/Midway, I was a bit frustrated. The RSO (I'm bad with names and forgot his) was extremely helpful, allowing me to use range 2, and since I couldn't drive to it, he even offered to help me carry my stuff in (which I appreciated but declined). I've never had a negative experience at ERGC.

War-Buff,

We’re installing drains so that the range doesn’t flood when it rains. We’re a bit at the mercy of our contractor, so I sincerely apologize that it’s torn up. We’ve been battling flooding for years, and the new board set out to remedy the issue so we don’t have to close off ranges and parking lots.

I appreciate your flexibility. We’re trying to make some big improvements, allow members to shoot, but also keep the contractors out working safe from any potential safety issues.

This plan should remedy our drainage problems once and for all…I hope! Thank you for your understanding!

Josh
    President
    Escambia River Gun Club

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    ^^^Just for the record, no workers were present today.^^^

edit 5/15 @ 9:00AM. I mentioned this not as a criticism, but only to show that worker safety was not an issue while the range was in use.

Last edited:

38Super

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^Just for the record, no workers were present today.^^^
    Just talked to our engineer…a truck blew a hoist cylinder yesterday and flipped over, so they were working to repair it. Range work should be completed by the weekend.

Thank you for everyone’s flexibility…if you ever need anything, I’m available.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    There is a moral to this banter. Some people have some answers, no one has no answers, one person has all the correct answers. ta da. Go to the source, ask the right person the right question, get involved, volunteer, go to the board meetings (they still have those, right?).

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. – Chinese Proverb

Last edited:

Dewayne G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The ERGC board meets at 6:00 on the second Thursday of every month at the Pace Firehouse located behind Pace High School. All members are encouraged to come and help in the decisions made about your club.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I have been saying I'm going to join for years. I'm curious as to having to drive to the ranges. Are they all accessible by car or do you need mud tires?
    I really need to get up there and check it out.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have been saying I'm going to join for years. I'm curious as to having to drive to the ranges. Are they all accessible by car or do you need mud tires?
    I really need to get up there and check it out.
    Do not need mud tires to access the range, Been there in 2, 4 and AWD vehicles; with no issues since the '80s.

Not a continuous member, but have been shooting there a while now on and off.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I joined ERGC about 6 months ago and my experiences have all been positive.
    I was going once a week at first but haven’t been since summer set in. I’m planning to get back into the routine since it’s cooled off a little.
    I have always wondered what’s behind the locked gate.

Top Bottom