• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abk06

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Got a trade offer for an eotech HHS 2 set. It doesn’t come with a box or paperwork but I’m going to call eotech to verify the serial number on Monday unless someone has a better way of verifying authenticity. My other question is the manufacturer date is 2012 and from what I’m reading there was a huge recall of eotechs but I can’t seem to find a way to see if this sight was affected or not. I’ve never been into eotechs so I’m not sure familiar with them, I’ll probably be trading it out and wanna make sure it’s worth it and that I don’t try to trade someone else who knows less than me crap, so I appreciate the help. I edited the serial number sticker since it’s not mine yet.

Attachments

• IMG_6036.jpeg
      IMG_6036.jpeg
      355.5 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_6037.jpeg
      IMG_6037.jpeg
      234.9 KB · Views: 53

Abk06

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Also what kinda trade value would you put on the HHS set being from 2012 and with no box and paperwork assuming it is verified authentic?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    authentic, 250-300 tops. the recall was on POA shift in extreme temps if i recall. bad for tier 1 doodes but not so much for me. i think they have an authentication search on their website like Aimpoint does.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I’m always leery of fakes, but I think that is probably a legit eotech. It looks right, and most fakes would probably have a newer date of manufacture than 2012. That said, it’s over 10 years old and definitely out of warranty. For some folks, especially cloners, the older L3 logo on the hood is also a bonus.
    As an exps-3, it has the night vision setting too…most fakes don’t have functional night vision settings, or that’s at least how it used to be. So if the night vision setting works well, that’s a good sign of it being legit.
    I only see the exps-3, but your title said set….so if it has the 3x magnifier too, that also adds a good bit of value.
    Assuming that it’s legitimate eotech and everything works well, with no delamination, I would think that the exps-3 alone is probably worth $350+ to the right buyer. And if it has the magnifier too, probably $600+. If $250 was the asking price, I would jump on it.

Abk06

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m still waiting for pics for the magnifier.. Trade values is around $700 with what I’m offering. I appreciate the help.

Members online

Top Bottom