HD Tactical

Element Training Complex info and Pro shop.( Formerly Southern tactical)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Will get more out soon, just wanting to share a few pictures and info on the range. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm or in open forum. Will update on a weekly basis. Range now has a FFL and will have the SOT shortly. You also do not have to be a member to come out and check the Pro shop out or purchase.
    91F2BBB9-442D-4ADC-9482-9219913E21B6.jpeg
    43049B03-F047-410D-ABF3-A55FC35C8C01.jpeg
    06D5EF36-7EDB-4937-95BF-F4E9E51A2D9A.jpeg
    D0F79ECC-06C4-4A5C-B91C-5A7AF9D94DF6.jpeg
    1FE5153A-29E0-4199-B6D0-7D0E4C00E35D.png

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Is this different than Southern Tactical? Didnt know there were two ranges in holt. But the map looks like southern

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is this different than Southern Tactical? Didnt know there were two ranges in holt. But the map looks like southern
    This was southern tactical. It has been under new ownership and management for about 6 months now. Lots of changes, all improvements all around. Better training bays, lots more steel, lowered rates/membership. Pro Shop with all your firearms and ammo needs. 1100 meter range will soon have a 3 tiered elevated shooting platform on it.( half way completed). 10 miles north of hwy 87 on 90. Coming from Pensacola/pace. 5 minutes from crestview. Come out for a tour. Pro shop/ firearms are not just limited to membership either. Anyone can come out and shop.

cooperjet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will there be paintball and airsoft guns and accessories as well? Wouldn’t mind buying local if it was an option.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Will there be paintball and airsoft guns and accessories as well? Wouldn’t mind buying local if it was an option.
    Have to check with our paintball and Airsoft guys. But I can say they are ordering Airsoft rifles and pistols, just not sure about parts and accessories. The place is ever expanding and growing. We plan on fulfilling all the needs of members and the local area.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I wish anyone could come out and shoot. I heard that it is now membership only to use the range. At the cost I was told it's just too much and too far away for me.
    Drop the prices below everybody else and they would make twice as much money

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I wish anyone could come out and shoot. I heard that it is now membership only to use the range. At the cost I was told it's just too much and too far away for me.
    So yes it is membership only but we do have a trail day pass for 40.00 dollars for the entire day, which opens you up to the whole range. Before with the with walk-ons, you only had access to the 100, 300, and the static pistol and rifle bays. With the trail day pass it allows you access to 100, 300, static pistol/static rifle the dynamic rifle/pistol bays( drawing from holster/concealment, pistol/rifle transitions.) all which have a sea of various steel. Poppers, plate racks, Texas star, dueling trees, hostage swingers, standard plates. Shooting from vehicles( in and around). The 600 yard static and elevated positions. Tri-containers, which allow you to shoot from in and on top of all which have more steel then I can count at various known and unknown distances. The 1100 yard range which has a ground static position and a 3 tier elevated shooting platform that is being completed as we speak. The vast majority of all the come out and shoot see just what type of facility it is and sign up for membership without hesitation.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Drop the prices below everybody else and they would make twice as much money
    I’m not sure how much more we can drop the price. At 365.00, a dollar a day. For all access all day long 6 days a week. No fees when you shoot, a fully stocked gun shop with a smith on sight. No steel rental fees. I can’t say that I know of any range around that is cheaper and has all the options we have. If so please direct me to them.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    what about clays? Do you have to be a member or pay the day pass fee?
    Sporting clays are open to all. Members and non members. .45 cents a clay for nonmembers and .35 cents for members. 26 acres total sporting clay range. With optional golf cart rental. World class sporting clay shooter on sight that runs that portion of the range.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yes and I like the day pass option with full access. That is nice. And the yearly price is not terrible but being over an hour away may limit my days i can shoot.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was told the membership was 700 for unlimited pass. 365 is not bad at all considering what all is there. I will keep that in mind.
    It has been 365 since the new owner took over back in February. Unlimited access, 6 days a week.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is the day pass $40 or $30. I believe your sign says $30. Which is even more better. Lol
    Lol sorry for the confusion. The 30 is for a guest that comes out with a member. Guest pass with a member was a lower amount but again they were limited to the location on which they could shoot. Price went up slightly for guest accompanied by a member but they now have full access to the entire range and all steel without the need for a steel rental fee.

Top Bottom