• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Looks like he was just looking for a response from the seller . Common courtesy which it’s clear some of yall don’t understand.
    That part I get. It's everything after that makes me scratch my head.

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That part I get. It's everything after that makes me scratch
    What started it was the seller deliberately ignoring my message and selling to someone else when the add states "let me know if I'm wrong for asking $400." Is the forum not for negotiations? Are we just supposed to pay full retail for everything? Thats what gun shows are for. If this is ban worthy then by all means ban my account.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I usually steer clear of this type of controversy because someone usually remains dissatisfied no matter what is said, but here goes my $.02, for whatever it might be worth to the discussion.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with making a reasonable offer (by PM, never by an open post in the ad) unless the seller has stated the price is firm. Again, IMO, any offer to negotiate will always be trumped by an offer to buy at the asking price or a higher offer. When I receive multiple offers in a short time span I'll generally respond to the highest one first, hoping to quickly solidify the deal, before responding to any lesser offers. Sometimes I'll tell offerors that a deal is pending, sometimes not...it really depends on the timing of the action and the seriousness (again, my opinion) of the offers...some I'll simply ignore. Once a deal is made I'll inform other interested parties.

And, (as already mentioned in this thread) a seller has the absolute right to deal with the buyer of his choice, regardless of the order in which replies are received if he so chooses. Not to get into the 'he said she said' part of the issue at hand, but any member making derogatory statements toward me, my sale item or the asking price will be immediately added to my 'do not deal' list (which is pretty short).

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    What started it was the seller deliberately ignoring my message and selling to someone else when the add states "let me know if I'm wrong for asking $400." Is the forum not for negotiations? Are we just supposed to pay full retail for everything? Thats what gun shows are for. If this is ban worthy then by all means ban my account.
    Not worthy of a ban imo.
    It's nice to get a reply with either yes or no or a counter. Some people never respond, whether they didn't see it or don't care to reply. Drives me nuts too but sellers decision. I hate to see this thread go further downhill.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Here's my understanding of selling something.

*Say Nothing -
    Means you're looking to sell at the listed price, if it doesn't sell you can reduce the price or negotiate, unless you are like SAWMAN was. He had ads up for years, His price or walk.
    *Firm -
    Non negotiable - but then you may negotiate down the road
    *OBO -
    Get in line with your offer
    Don't get But Hurt. It only hurts you.
    None of the above is absolute, except SAWMAN.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    @Chase is a Stand up guy . Looks like he was just looking for a response from the seller . Common courtesy which it’s clear some of yall don’t understand.
    Maybe so but after seeing his responses here kinda seems dickish to me. Just an opinion and have never dealt with him before so

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I feel ya I hate making offers and not getting a response it annoys me if you don't like my offer let me know so I can offer more or something I do my best to respond to offers and be as polite as I can so maybe I can receive the same courtesy just my .02 cents

jam0066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    To provide a random piece of outside perspective. I have pages upon pages of discussion with Chase regarding several trades and he has always been respectful and patient. I can say the same remained true when I met him to conduct business. I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to him should he post something else that catches my eye.

I would encourage this situation be written off as an oddity for both parties. Weird things happen at weird times and this looks like it is just spiraling out of control for everyone. There's better things to worry about.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I think it's only common (not so common) courtesy to give everyone a response.
    "I'll take it" trumps Everything.
    "I'm interested" or "Still available?" is just crap and doesn't even deserve a response. IMHO of course, lol.
    Especially "I'm interested" is BS and means nothing. Just MHP of course, lol.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    "I'm interested" or "Still available?" is just crap and doesn't even deserve a response. IMHO of course, lol.
    I agree….unless it’s a stupid offer. I once had a guy offer me $150 for something that was already a deal at $400. He didn’t deserve a response.
    And “I’ll take it” does trump everything ….unless there’s no follow thru.
    Nothing irks me more than someone who posts “I’ll take it” in order to beat everyone out, then decides he doesn’t want it.
    To me, that’s deserving of being banned from the forum.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    This topic needs a thread for itself. I get it every now and then but see it in every sale post here. Nice for the seller in a way because it bumps his thread to be seen again, but any of those posts are completely useless in finalizing a sale.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “I’ll take it” would carry more weight if everyone here would actually take that item. Money in hand trumps an “I’ll take it”.

If you want an item then reach out to that member and arrange a time to pick up and pay for the item before shitting on his thread.

The OP took a chance when he started with an offer. Sending a PM with an offer does not place you anywhere in line.

Top Bottom