• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Exciting shooting opportunity at DZIDPA!

DZIDPA will be hosting the IDPA National Championship Postal Match over the next two months of September and October. Because of the Covid-19 Pandemic, IDPA HQ cancelled this year’s National Championship and replaced it with a postal match consisting of 6 stages. This will be a match where you will be competing with people from all over the world not just the nation AND trophies will be presented by IDPA HQ. We will be hosting 4 of the 6 stages plus a classifier at our normal club match date of the first Saturday of the month which is Saturday September 5th. The additional 2 stages plus 2 “fun” stages will be held in October at our normal club match date. Prices for the match are broken down below. If you have any questions, please post them here and we will do our best to answer them.

NOTE: The price for shooting the entire 6 stage postal match has been set by IDPA HQ at $50. DZIDPA has NO control of this pricing.

September 5th – 4 stages of the postal match plus classifier (prices are for all stages and classifier)

- If you want stages reported to IDPA HQ for ranking – Fee $50

- If you do not want stages reported – Fee $25

- Only shooting in 1 Division/Class allowed

October 3rd – 2 stages of the postal match plus 2 “fun” stages (prices are for all 4 stages)

- If you shot the previous 4 stages to report to IDPA HQ at $50 and only want to shoot the additional 2 postal states – Fee $0

- If you shot the previous 4 stages to report to IDPA HQ at $50 and want to shoot the additional 2 postal stages plus the 2 “fun” stages– Fee $10

- If you missed the September match – Fee $20

- Only shooting in 1 Division/Class allowed

* Both matches will be on Practiscore 2 weeks prior to match date*

Hatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang, I missed August! Hope to make these. Us slow inaccurate guys aren't gonna gum up the works are we?

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have been interested in participating in this sport but, I do not know how to get started. i.e. what do I need? is there a beginners course? some sort of pre match training to know what/ what not to do?
    Thanks

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Flounder this is a good place to shoot a first match. John, Mike and the crew will make sure you have a good experience. All you really need is a safe and reliable gun (semi auto would be a good start), 3 magazines are preferable, but you could probably get by with 2, a holster and supportive belt. Eye and ear protection is required even to watch. If you tell us what you are shooting, we can usually make sure we bring anything you might be missing.

You can watch a few YouTube videos on the basics if you like. When you get to the range just let them know you are new to it. There is new guys all the time and the experienced shooters are happy to help everyone (my personal experience). Priorities 1) Be safe 2) Have fun 3) Learn stuff.

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Russ, Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm going to miss the Sept match but hopefully can make it to the Oct match.
    Does holster type matter? IWB OWB? I have both, just curious.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    You can use either. Has to be behind the hip bone (no appendix). Most people use OWB. I used my IWB carry gear last month just to practice with it.

kdsdiver

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know that our matches are in the am. I just wanted to confirm that this one starts at 12:00 - 4:00 ish….

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    That is correct. Due to the additional setup time required for the National Postal Stages we will be hammer down at 12:00. Finish time will depend on amount of shooters and how the match flows but should be no later than 4:00.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    does anyone know the start time of the Postal Match this Saturday? (October 3rd.)

We will be holding the 2nd half of the IDPA Nationals Postal Match in October, but unfortunately due to unforeseen work conflicts John and I are having to push the match to Saturday October 17th. Our normal first Saturday John has to fly and the 2nd Saturday I am on duty at the fire department. I hope this does not cause too much of an issue but it could not be helped. Another change is for this half we will be Starting the match at 10:00 instead of 12:00. Hope to see everyone on Saturday October 17th!

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hope this isnt a dumb question but are spectators allowed ? ( between covid and everything).
    Never been to a match before.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    That is not a dumb question at all especially in the times were living in now. You are more than welcome to come and watch the match

kdsdiver

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    any ideas when the scores will be posted?

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    John has submitted the scores to HQ for the postal match but it’s not officially over until the end of October so HQ is holding them to officially post them all at once

Bill Howlett

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    John has submitted the scores to HQ for the postal match but it’s not officially over until the end of October so HQ is holding them to officially post them all at once
    While you can't see a breakdown of scores by stage, etc. A leaderboard is posted on the IDPA website at the bottom of the Postal Match page.

kdsdiver

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sadly...No match this month. They did say that they wanted to do something in December... Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom