• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Usually hear of deputies waiting to arrest people away from their houses and in cars as a means of getting people away from their guns and isolated. These deputies knew they were going to where the guns were loaded, ready and with multiple perps. That takes balls. Good job guys!

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Usually hear of deputies waiting to arrest people away from their houses and in cars as a means of getting people away from their guns and isolated. These deputies knew they were going to where the guns were loaded, ready and with multiple perps. That takes balls. Good job guys!
    A few years back at Shoal River Gun Club ( HWY 90), 2 OCSD deputies lost their lives for serving a DV warrant at the range . They were on opposite sides of the shooters car, seperated, when he drew his weapon and killed both of them . He fled in his vehicle, was pursued , ran off road , and shot it out with LE officers.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    A few years back at Shoal River Gun Club ( HWY 90), 2 OCSD deputies lost their lives for serving a DV warrant at the range . They were on opposite sides of the shooters car, seperated, when he drew his weapon and killed both of them . He fled in his vehicle, was pursued , ran off road , and shot it out with LE officers.
    Yep. I’ve heard of other such incidents too. Makes me wonder what the perps had at the house that would make the live range a better spot

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yep. I’ve heard of other such incidents too. Makes me wonder what the perps had at the house that would make the live range a better spot
    Lots of unanswered questions. The deputies failed to locate the concealed weapon he had on him . It’s a shame .

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just read the release . It sounds like a good haul, with good intel, and good execution of plans . Good job .

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oh man. How dumb do you have to be to go shoot guns while loaded down with drugs. Any time I shoot, even at my own house, I've learned you're likely to get a visit from the law. Not thier fault. Nosey neighbors like to complain and make problems. The cops have to show up after they're called.
    I was once shooting at my range. I had my earbuds on and listening to music. I had some over the ear muffs on over the top of those. So I was double deaf, plus listening to music. So I was actually triple deaf at the time lol. Anyways I was plinking away and had like 6 guns out in front of me. Life was all good. Then I sort of heard a "whoop whoop", just barely tho. I thought man that kind of sounds like a police siren they use to make people pull over. Sure enough lol, I turn around and there's all my local cops, PLUS the whole sheriff SWAT team behind me lmao. They must have been back there for 10 minutes to have time to assemble like that. They patiently waited till I heard them before trying to make contact. Turns out they had a 911 hangup call from an address close by. They said the woman said something like "drop the AR" then hung up. They went to the residence down the street where the call came from but found nothing. So they said they heard me firing away and decided to check me out just in case. They was plenty nice enough tho. They actually found it funny I was so dam deaf. Thank God lol.
    Anyways that, and a few other stories taught me that yeah gun fire is a magnet for attention, even if at a range. I now wear digital ear pro and check behind me very often :D

Top Bottom