• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    maybe they can clean the gutters, chase critters away, and even paint your eaves.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I wonder about an ir real time camera things in the night.
    I have a Canary camera - You don't have to pay for the subscription and can see things from the last 24 hours for free. If you need to save anything or need the 30 days of backup the subscription isn't expensive. The cameras have pretty good IR and the app on my phone works well. You can set it to geofence to track any movement once you leave your property if that's something that interests you.

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    LIFT Aircraft Hexa aircraft demonstration at Camp Mabry.

Air Force Chief of Staff Charles Q. Brown, Jr., sits in a LIFT Aircraft Hexa aircraft during a visit to Camp Mabry, Texas, Aug. 20, 2020. (Air National Guard/Staff. Sgt. Sean Kornegay)
    26 May 2021
    Military.com | By Oriana Pawlyk
    A flying ambulance heads to a remote airfield somewhere in the Pacific. With or without a pilot behind the controls, it's able to land vertically, like a helicopter, near a base where troops are under attack. A wounded service member boards and straps into wearable technologies that monitor his condition, and the aircraft takes off to a site where his injuries can be treated.
    It's a scenario that Lt. Gen. S. Clinton Hinote, the Air Force's deputy chief of staff for strategy, integration and requirements, envisions for the service's "flying car" effort. That initiative, while in the nascent stages, has the potential to save lives or deliver critical equipment, all while decreasing the service's carbon footprint, he added.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    and paint a bir red cross on it so no one will shoot at it. that will work.

Air Force Chief of Staff Charles Q. Brown, Jr., sits in a LIFT Aircraft Hexa aircraft during a visit to Camp Mabry, Texas, Aug. 20, 2020. (Air National Guard/Staff. Sgt. Sean Kornegay)
    26 May 2021
    A flying ambulance heads to a remote airfield somewhere in the Pacific. With or without a pilot behind the controls, it's able to land vertically, like a helicopter, near a base where troops are under attack. A wounded service member boards and straps into wearable technologies that monitor his condition, and the aircraft takes off to a site where his injuries can be treated.
    It's a scenario that Lt. Gen. S. Clinton Hinote, the Air Force's deputy chief of staff for strategy, integration and requirements, envisions for the service's "flying car" effort. That initiative, while in the nascent stages, has the potential to save lives or deliver critical equipment, all while decreasing the service's carbon footprint, he added.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

26 May 2021
    When they said this about the brand new Ospreys I said "cool, I'll believe it when I see it". Then the Ospreys started killing whole platoons of Marines at a time and I told the brass "I dont give a shit, you'll never get me on one of those death traps". And then like 15 years later they said "every" aircraft in the inventory will be able to fly as a drone by 2020 or 2025 or something like that, and all I could think about was "every" included the vertical take-off Osprey... and I said "oh crap, here we go again". I hope they get it right this time. At least this one has a completely different operating system

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I wonder how many of those little rotors can fail before it loses lift capacity or starts flying crooked... at least it has like a dozen of them, instead of just one big one. Redundancy is an improvement. Like how the SEAL boats have two steering wheels, two fuel systems, two motors... just in case. They plan to get hit, a lot, by heavy machineguns

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    i am thinking it would be good if i could augment my current wifi cameras on my property with one that patrolled my skies at set intervals.
    Yeah... your Sky... at intervals... like a Net

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The power supply is the only problem. See the cord? The fruit pickers aren't cordless. Remember the power supply is the problem with all of our military robots and drones, too. They gotta come back home, and quickly. Well, remember 1980's sci-fi fixed that one, too, with a fully autonomous AI two legged Terminator drone outfitted with a nuclear heart. Oh wait, I'm sorry, turns out we already had that nuclear powered heart technology in the early 1970's. I wonder what happened to it? Oh, you mean they are still working, 30+ years later? Wow... shhhhh don't want that getting out now, do we? That was 40 years ago! Wonder what they have now that the laboratories wont ever mention. By the way, before I get banned again, that is not a conspiracy. It's Reuters and scientific fact.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210528-035131_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210528-035131_Chrome.jpg
      341.4 KB · Views: 61
    • Screenshot_20210528-035154_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210528-035154_Chrome.jpg
      219.9 KB · Views: 57
    Top Bottom