• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have heard police dog handlers that would not trust their malinois with their family.
    The malinois is most often best used as a police or military dog. They are not laid back and very trainable.
    My dogs are the opposite. Laid back, stubborn, are not very trainable, and very loyal. They are especially protective of elderly woman. Their job is to guard my place and get along with the neighbors They have a reputation for being able to kill other dogs.
    Female with the open mouth is missing some teeth. She had come into the possession of pit fighters. My guess they were planning to use her as a training dog. She killed two of their dogs. When cops broke up that dog fighting ring, she was being starved and she had broken teeth. All of my dogs have Dixie in their ancestry along with other dogs known to do such things. A grandfather of two of my dogs was known in self defense to have killed three other dogs before he was lost track of. One of the dogs had its chest crushed. The two of mine that have thrown as mastiff types are not especially dog aggressive, but but they will not retreat from anything. One is friendly, as long as the other dog is friendly and she is smaller, bulldog like in build and behavior and less likely to bite an intruding human.

View attachment 85058
    GOOD FARM BULLDOGS...AKA ALAPAHA,AMERICAN,ECT... ARE VERY VERY NATURALLY PROTECTIVE..Smart..yes stubborn as they are pretty independent...BUT WITH INTENT TO WATCH OVER PROPERTY.. Can be great hog catchers. ,very hard bites. Punishing killers of predators on their property...gotta love em… And Look at the muscle in that jaw.. look at the width between the ears..POWER.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    IMO... the show Dane has been MISTREATED FOR GENERATIONS...…...SAD...TRAGIC... AND FLAT PISSES ME OFF... here are some Dogo's bred for Looks not Grit,Gameness… WATCH HOW THE PRETTY DOGS HUNT..

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    this Oldman here. Shiva... caught a boar just like that one at a year of age.. The boar had just kicked the shit outa 2 pitbulls and 2 American bulldogs. Shiva.. baddest mofo I ever owned. here 6 months before passing at 16+
    1590439077571.png

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Shiva in his heyday... 53lb of hard worked muscle.. Great with Kids. Drock road him like a pony. HE LOVED Drock. here he is about 5. I had won 2 hang times over 80+ dogs that year.
    1590439175455.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GOOD FARM BULLDOGS...AKA ALAPAHA,AMERICAN,ECT... ARE VERY VERY NATURALLY PROTECTIVE..Smart..yes stubborn as they are pretty independent...BUT WITH INTENT TO WATCH OVER PROPERTY.. Can be great hog catchers. ,very hard bites. Punishing killers of predators on their property...gotta love em… And Look at the muscle in that jaw.. look at the width between the ears..POWER.
    The white english was the foundation breed for the ABBB and AB. I know a group that are trying to clean up the ABBB and get back to where they in the 70's when Lana Lane first put the breed together my mixing white english and it is said catahoula, and pit. They are using dogs directly related to mine to do that.
    Some white english and american bulldogs are hard to tell apart and many often back cross an AB back to white english to get what our group calls and old southern white. Many WE, especially of the white mastiff type will let go once a hog has submitted and that is not what a hog man wants. If feral hog intrudes on a place they may treat it as a predator and kill it.
    One of my neighbors saw a man knife a dog on the spot for letting go of a hog. But if the WE is crossed with pit you get a very good catch dog.
    A white english of the bulldog type likely will hang on and not let go.

The AAAB FB group is 'Lana’s ABBB Only' I am sure it is a closed group. People will kill each over who has the best bulldogs.

Last edited:

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Your dogs are much better Natural protectors ,guard dogs than mine. IF I am not home ..and a burglar talks sweet they will walk around the house with him. But ..threaten me.. and your dead. If I tell them to watch..THEY WILL. My buddy's alapaha kills all animals that come on the property.. NO ONE EVER GOES THERE WITH OUT OWNER PRESENT.

IMO... breed for health of body and mind... Ya never know til they are tested. I only get mine from hard tested winning stock.. Then I am rarely disappointed.. Had game dogs as pets for 40 yr. I need human friendly... I love the Hardy bulldog breeds though. Just a bit too Guardian for me..

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your dogs are much better Natural protectors ,guard dogs than mine. IF I am not home ..and a burglar talks sweet they will walk around the house with him. But ..threaten me.. and your dead. If I tell them to watch..THEY WILL. My buddy's alapaha kills all animals that come on the property.. NO ONE EVER GOES THERE WITH OUT OWNER PRESENT.

IMO... breed for health of body and mind... Ya never know til they are tested. I only get mine from hard tested winning stock.. Then I am rarely disappointed.. Had game dogs as pets for 40 yr. I need human friendly... I love the Hardy bulldog breeds though. Just a bit too Guardian for me..
    My two females some years ago did not kill a male chihuahua sneak unto the property. They were curious, but not hostile because likely they did not see it as a threat and it was male. People sometime dump dogs in my drive way. One of the females and male will kill a strange cat in literally a few seconds. I do not think that they would attack a very young child that wondered onto the place.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    My two females some years ago did not kill a male chihuahua sneak unto the property. They were curious, but not hostile because likely they did not see it as a threat and it was male. People sometime dump dogs in my drive way. One of the females and male will kill a strange cat in literally a few seconds. I do not think that they would attack a very young child that wondered onto the place.
    I bet your right..they are pretty discerning... I bet Money they would watch over a young child... Mine are profoundly friendly with submissive dogs and death on alpha,aggressive ones.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bet your right..they are pretty discerning... I bet Money they would watch over a young child... Mine are profoundly friendly with submissive dogs and death on alpha,aggressive ones.
    There is a difference between male and female. My male does a better job of guarding the perimeter of my place. Females more the house and the driveway.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shiva in his heyday... 53lb of hard worked muscle.. Great with Kids. Drock road him like a pony. HE LOVED Drock. here he is about 5. I had won 2 hang times over 80+ dogs that year. View attachment 85077
    Not my dog. This fellow, Mick, when younger weighed about 100 lbs. Is the last of texas family line bulldogs more than 100 years old. In the past the line was crossed with mexican (Spanish) bulldogs. He is fast, protective of his family, and is skilled at killing western diamond rattlesnakes that are locally in that part of Arizona called coon tails. Farm dogs were not of great value and there are few photos of those dogs. If a dog did what did what it was supposed to do it was fed. If not it got buried behind the barn.

1590451131485.png

1590452713791.png

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Not my dog. This fellow, Mick, when younger weighed about 100 lbs. Is the last of texas family line bulldogs more than 100 years old. In the past the line was crossed with mexican (Spanish) bulldogs. He is fast, protective of his family, and is skilled at killing western diamond rattlesnakes that are locally in that part of Arizona called coon tails. Farm dogs were not of great value and there are few photos of those dogs. If a dog did what did what it was supposed to do it was fed. If not it got buried behind the barn.

View attachment 85087

View attachment 85091
    I and many of my friends would love a BULLDOG like that. But I am full til my end days. 2 is plenty for me. IF I could of found a Hard Texas BULLDOG like the one you have ..He would be worked hard... and then spent most of the day with on the sofa with his head getting scratched by my 89yr old Momma. The Mexicans,GodBlessThem.... still appreciate Hard Working Dogs.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    and when the GAME BRED AMERICAN PITBULL WALKED IN THE BAR... THE ROTTY,BULLDOG,GS... ALL TUCKED THEIR TAILS AND WERE AFRAID TO MAKE EYE CONTACT.okok...not all 3.. THE BULLDOG SAID "HEY CUZN HOWZ IT HANGIN...?"

Top Bottom