Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Dislike synthetic stock

traithlon

Reaction score
I have come to realize how much I dislike black synthetic stocks; two of my shotguns have them. It doesn’t bother me when I’m using them. But when I look at them hanging in the rack next to the wood ones, I think, “Man those are ugly”. I have even thought of painting them. I could get rid of them, but they are good guns. I guess it’s like driving a Ford and you’re a Chevy man.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I am about over my "pretty wood" days. I have had some really nice wood stocked guns in the past that I have managed to ding up through normal usage.
Today,my gun ownership is directed towards the guns that I will actually use. NOTHING PRETTY . . . NOTHING COLLECTABLE. Just good shooters,good hunters,and perfect (for me) carry weapons.
That's it. --- SAWMAN

OldMan

Reaction score
Amen... They are meant to get banged up and dirty.. MAKES THEM HAPPY. ;)

candipogo

Reaction score
I have come to realize how much I dislike black synthetic stocks; two of my shotguns have them. It doesn’t bother me when I’m using them. But when I look at them hanging in the rack next to the wood ones, I think, “Man those are ugly”. I have even thought of painting them. I could get rid of them, but they are good guns. I guess it’s like driving a Ford and you’re a Chevy man.
I was raised on wooden stocked firearms. My dad always had them. All showed wear and a few scuffs and scratches. But, a walnut oiled finish is a charmer. He left me 2 A5's and 2 BAR's. I still get to shoot them and hunt a couple of times a year with them.

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

3rd Coast
Top Bottom