• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I don't see why a disabled person couldn't compete in many of the shooting sports. I run the LEOSA (HR-218) retired law enforcement officer annual qualifying course for the FOP in Baldwin County. We shoot the APOST course (same as all agencies in AL). I have one retiree that is in a wheelchair that is an excellent shooter and qualifying score is in the 90's!

edit* Trap, skeet, and sporting clays would be doable as well.

LeeB

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We have benchrest .22 matches at Escambia River gun club and Element Training Complex and can accommodate many types of disabled shooters including wheelchair.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You might also see if the new pistol silhouette range at the Pensacola Rifle and pistol club can accommodate you.
    Pretty laid back bunch of shooters willing to help anyone , even to loaning you their pistols & ammo.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm not sure how well your particular chair works in the dirt so getting to stages might be the hard part, but steel challenge my be an option. We are a pretty creative group and would be up for the challenge of making matches work for you. If you want to check out any of local ranges to see what works let me know.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure how well your particular chair works in the dirt so getting to stages might be the hard part, but steel challenge my be an option. We are a pretty creative group and would be up for the challenge of making matches work for you. If you want to check out any of local ranges to see what works let me know.
    I would definitely be interested. Please let me know how to proceed. Thank you

Top Bottom