Dianne Feinstein’s bill to be introduced Thursday the 24th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Patoz

Marksman
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office confirmed that she will be introducing in the Senate Thursday a new version of the so-called assault weapon ban. A spokesman said the full text will be released at a press conference on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...ult-weapon-ban-coming-thursday/#ixzz2Im0JGcIT
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Also..

Senate leader may allow vote on assault weapons ban

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, signaled on Tuesday that despite earlier indications to the contrary, he may allow a vote on a possible ban on assault weapons.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...a-guns-reidbre90l13x-20130122,0,4864590.story

Last edited:

Patoz

Marksman
    Don't sound too good, does it?

Viking1204

Master
    Glad I live in a State on the list of ones who will fight it. I imagine more states will fight it now that the details have emerged. Give a break, according to what that bitch is trying to push my sons Marlin 60 .22s with their 15+ round capacity would be banned. What a joke. Sure hope Congress and every gun group out there is ready to fight this.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    I've been hoping that common sense would prevail, but I guess I need to accept the fact that there just isn't any. There's more than enough links running around my on my pro-gun friends Facebook page on "how to contact the lawmakers". Perhaps it's time for a couple of paragraphs to make their way into trons and beam it that way. Bills like this will never make it to a "people's vote" so now we have to hope that the folks WE elected will make the decisions WE want.
    I do hope that companies like Core15, and the like, can switch their production to other styles of firearms. Just in case this over-oppressive gun hater Feinstein get's more of what she wants. "the complete ban of sale and manufacture of assault weapons" hard to imagine that would ever make it through....but what if?!

ksenter

Master
    cant seem to come up with a natl budget in months but sure can put together something as large as this in lickity-split

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    If the mfgs were smart, upon receipt of an order from the govt for more, send them back a reply that it is illegal for them to mfg such weapons and as such they will not be filling their order as it stands. That's one way the mfgs can help is fight this.

There we people downtown with signs for gun control. They got media attention. Perhaps it's time we start to stand around with signs, and in greater numbers. Get some positive attention ourselves.

Edited to add: does anyone know what the "120 named weapons" are? I'd be interested in seeing this, since technically, all firearms should have military characteristics.

Last edited:

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    I am usually off tues and weds, and work at night on thu and fri. I'm sure there are retirees and college kids with half a brain that would start to show up provided SOMEONE led the way. You can't tell me we can't hold signs and use social media to coordinate effectively the way they do.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Does anyone know if it has been changed at all since it was introduced last month? I seriously doubt it could pass in it's entirety, but something similar to 94-04 is def. a possibility.

Attachments

• because_im_black_feinstein.jpg
      because_im_black_feinstein.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 140

Patoz

Marksman
    Edited to add: does anyone know what the "120 named weapons" are? I'd be interested in seeing this, since technically, all firearms should have military characteristics.

We'll know tomorrow.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office confirmed that she will be introducing in the Senate Thursday a new version of the so-called assault weapon ban. A spokesman said the full text will be released at a press conference on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...ult-weapon-ban-coming-thursday/#ixzz2IrlBPbeR

NRA News

Thursday @ 11AM Eastern Time:

Senate and House Democrats hold a news conference with mayors, law enforcement officers, gun safety organizations and other groups to introduce legislation - the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 - on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.

PARTICIPANTS: Senate Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin, D-Ill.; Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.; Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.; Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.; Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.; Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y.; Rep. Ed Perlmutter, D-Colo.; Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter; Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey; and Rev. Gary Hall of Washington National Cathedral
    https://www.facebook.com/NRANews?ref=stream

I'll be watching C-Span and as soon as it happens I'll start looking and post it when I find it.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Under Freakstiens gun ban this is an assault weapon.

zoom_ultrahunter_stock.jpg

Stainless Ultra Hunter with Thumbhole Stock
    With today’s advancements in flexible-tip ammunition, the 45-70 Gov’t. has been revitalized. And its big-bore power is harnessed in our first-ever rifle to feature a stainless barrel and receiver. This super deluxe single-shot has a brown laminated thumbhole stock that offers exceptional aiming comfort, plus a velocity-enhancing 24" heavy barrel to facilitate the extended-range capability of today’s high-performance 45-70 Gov’t. loads.

Says she will have specific exceptions for 900 firearms used for hunting or sport, but everything else will be banned!

NFA Registration for everything grandfathered!

Attachments

• zoom_ultrahunter_stock.jpg
      zoom_ultrahunter_stock.jpg
      13.6 KB · Views: 126
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    What's coming later today is from Obama's recommendations being formalized. this is not the Executive actions he ordered. This Bitch and her gun grabbing buds will DEMAND a hundred things to cut out throats. This is what a Tyrannical Government does. "Her" compromise will leave us with 80% to bust our balls with.

They are determined to piss off the wrong people, and they are working hard to piss off millions.

Does anyone know if it has been changed at all since it was introduced last month? I seriously doubt it could pass in it's entirety, but something similar to 94-04 is def. a possibility.

helo_hunter

Expert
    List of weaponds DiFi wants to ban.

Attachments

• Feinstein-Weapons 2013 Proposed Ban.jpg
      Feinstein-Weapons 2013 Proposed Ban.jpg
      173.5 KB · Views: 108

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    It won't make it through the House. There is a better chance of magazine limits there an AWB.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Mag limits is even more crazy with all the high capacity handguns out there - Glocks, Springfield XD, the list goes on and on

Destin123

Shooter
    Confused by the list, why would a Keltec PLR16 be on the list but not the Keltec PLR22?

Sixgun

Marksman
    After everything I'm reading it does look doubtful it would pass. But something will give, mag limit, background checks, etc..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom