• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Statement of Douglas MacKinlay, Owner/President, Diamondback Police Supply Co., Inc.

“While I support and respect Mark Kelly’s 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use. In light of this fact, I determined that it was in my company’s best interest to terminate this transaction prior to his returning to my store to complete the Federal From 4473 and NICS background check required of Mr. Kelly before he could take possession this firearm. A full refund was sent to Mr. Kelly, via express mail, on Thursday of last week.
    The Sig Sauer rifle will be donated to the Arizona Tactical Officers Association where it will be raffled off to generate funds the association can use to purchase much needed tactical equipment for the organization’s members. The A.T.O. A. represents the SWAT and Special Response officers of the state’s law enforcement community who regularly place their lives on the line to protect the residents of this state.
    Additionally, Diamondback Police Supply will make a $1295.00 contribution (the selling price of the M400 rifle) to the Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program that teaches children, in pre-K through 3rd grade, four important steps to take if they find a gun. The emphasis of the program is on child safety, something that is important to all of us and at the core of the current debate on gun control,” stated Douglas MacKinlay, Owner/President, Diamondback Police Supply Co., Inc.

A Facebook link is all I can find.
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=579606908724820&id=143341839017998

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    Nice !

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    THAT'S AWESOME! Good to see some sanity and effective "push back"

Jason

Master
    Love it!!!

DaBreeze

Master
    I'm all about making them all pay. No ammo or weapons for the state agencies in states that impose any gun control would work wonders

Patoz

Marksman
    Outstanding decision on the part of Douglas MacKinlay, Owner/President, Diamondback Police Supply Co., Inc. He just demonstrated that you can't put a price on doing what's right.

TraderDan

Master
    I guess I must be the only one who does not know what the intent of Mark Kelly was? I assume he was instrumental in the anti gun cause.

Telum Pisces

Master
    So did he lie on the federal form 4473 question 11a???? Hmmmm maybe we need to prosecute him under the new gun trafficing laws that will be on the books.

bronxbomber252

Shooter
    He is Gabby Gifford's husband and one of the ones leading the AWB charge. He claimed online that he would be buying the AR-15 and then turning it over to the police in order to get it off the streets.

Gaijin

Shooter
    Actually, Mark Kelly only made the claim about buying the "assault weapon" in order show how easy it is to buy one and then turn in in to the police three days AFTER it was made public that he was buying two weapons!

His comment BEFORE making the claim that he was only doing it to show how easy it is to pass a background check and buying one of these evil weapons: "As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes."

Of course, his original intent was to buy a .45 handgun, bought the rifle after seeing it. I suppose he KNEW the 9mm wasn't effective :eyebrows:

Members online

Top Bottom