• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I got a BX trigger. It feels good to me, but I'm not really sure how Ill like it until I take it out to the range. :)

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I need to find a massive drum mag now. lol

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Report!!!
    I need a better muzzle device.

Im not very tall, but it feels a little short in my arms. I may end up rebuilding in a different configuration...

The optic sits low on the frame. I need to either switch optics, or get a rail riser... Was going to go out Saturday to shoot some groupings with different ammo, but will be taking my vehicle to the shop instead. :)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I need a better muzzle device.

Im not very tall, but it feels a little short in my arms. I may end up rebuilding in a different configuration...

The optic sits low on the frame. I need to either switch optics, or get a rail riser... Was going to go out Saturday to shoot some groupings with different ammo, but will be taking my vehicle to the shop instead. :)
    Compact and light is a good thing. Grab a different optic or put a riser on. Stick a bird cage on it.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Compact and light is a good thing. Grab a different optic or put a riser on. Stick a bird cage on it.
    I want to order a Sparrow or something similar I can keep on it. :)

Just would have to wait for a year for the paperwork. lol

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ok, Im board of this build already.

I need to either sell it or find a new stock for it. It's short and fun to shoot, but Its almost too short, and it's gassy by my face - especially suppressed.

Im open to ideas if y'all have em!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I need to either sell it or find a new stock for it. It's short and fun to shoot, but Its almost too short, and it's gassy by my face - especially suppressed.

Ok... hear me out!...
    Move the trigger even more forward... then shoulder fire it like panzerfaust! That'll put the chamber and gas way back yonder and no more gas-face! ;-)

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Seems like you shouldn't be getting that much gas in the face from a semi auto single fire 22. I wonder if the can increased you're dwell time and is now unlocking the bolt too early now that you extended the barrel so to speak.
    Try a larger can. As for now all I own is a 30 cal can. I use it for 22 and 5.7 and it works awesome. It's just a little big but I don't mind. Maybe opening up the bore so more gas gets out, yet still stays trapped in the larger can will fix your issue bud

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Heav
    Seems like you shouldn't be getting that much gas in the face from a semi auto single fire 22. I wonder if the can increased you're dwell time and is now unlocking the bolt too early now that you extended the barrel so to speak.
    Try a larger can. As for now all I own is a 30 cal can. I use it for 22 and 5.7 and it works awesome. It's just a little big but I don't mind. Maybe opening up the bore so more gas gets out, yet still stays trapped in the larger can will fix your issue bud
    Heavier recoil spring maybe?? Big fan of downward ejecting rifles. Or do my 45 degree sight mod.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Heav

Heavier recoil spring maybe?? Big fan of downward ejecting rifles. Or do my 45 degree sight mod.
    Yeah, it may help. Adding weight to the bolt somehow or a heavier one I suppose could also help perhaps. It's a blowback operation so yeah I guess that's possible.
    I've not fooled with down eject models yet, with any maker. I did see on YouTube where a guy was explains his Ithica ww2 era model. It was a downward ejector too. It didn't have the port on the side like others do. So it was less likely to get crud inside do to it having less ways for crud to enter. I was impressed as I never gave that any thought before. It makes good sense.

Top Bottom