• ...and so much more!
  • DPP or SRO

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Which do you prefer to use in competition? I'm not looking for Sage Dynamics and how well they get dropped from shoulder height, I'm looking at overall usability

I have 2-Romeo1(originals), 2-DPP, Holosun 503v2,Rmr type 2, and swampfox sentinel on a carry, and holosun 510c on rifle so I'm pretty familiar with RDS's

I briefly shot a mag from a Shadow 2 with SRO and was so amazed with that setup. I have about 3-4 months on my surgery recovery before I can compete again. What are you experiences between the two

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For competition, I would go with the SRO as the window is somewhat larger. It really ces down to personal preference between these two for a strictly "fun gun" application. IMO
    *also, Cowan would go with the DPP for drop purposes. Haha

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    In a pistol competition for speed if you're looking at your sights or a red dot then you're wrong. Look at Jerry Miculek. Fastest shot in the world, accurate too, and he doesn't even hardly look. Instinctual. Intuitive. Downright magical. That's what we should all aspire to. I sold my pistol' Holosun after catching myself staring at the bouncing red ball instead of taking care of business

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    In a pistol competition for speed if you're looking at your sights or a red dot then you're wrong. Look at Jerry Miculek. Fastest shot in the world, accurate too, and he doesn't even hardly look. Instinctual. Intuitive. Downright magical. That's what we should all aspire to. I sold my pistol' Holosun after catching myself staring at the bouncing red ball instead of taking care of business
    I understand what you're saying, but that's like saying I can play basketball just like Micheal Jordan as They are a different breed. The dot is in my peripheral vision as I'm looking at a target.

There are different comp shooters
    1. Carry optics all the way
    2. Carry optics suck, limited/production all the way
    3. I only wear a fishing vest when I shoot
    4. You guessed it look at my pretty PCC with flowers on it. (). Just kidding

But the OP is DPP vs SRO not if I should buy one because, but which one am I buying

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I've seen 2 SROs chuck lenses. The DPP is an older idea Leupold has done nothing to (except do fde) in over a decade. The DPP is a more solid preformer in my opinion. That being said, I run Holosun 509t on a couple guns and am totally happy with them. Between SRO and DPP, I'd go DPP.

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No kidding... Wow
    I've seen 2 SROs chuck lenses. The DPP is an older idea Leupold has done nothing to (except do fde) in over a decade. The DPP is a more solid preformer in my opinion. That being said, I run Holosun 509t on a couple guns and am totally happy with them. Between SRO and DPP, I'd go DPP.
    That's crazy!! I feel the same way there DPP hasn't been update in forever. I wish it was a little thinner and made the glass height the size of 510c which would be amazing. I also get the military discount on DPP

Top Bottom