• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheLoneGun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some interesting points and ideas in here. Personally my goal is to always play dumb and hide my weapon in a way that if someone approaches me with violence they'll be lulled into thinking Im a helpless individual.

I've even trained my mannerisms to be soft and non-threatening if I feel Im in a dangerous situation. I speak softly to lure them into thinking Im soft, I keep my eyes averted to play meek to buy me time to decide my course of action, and to monitor their physiological signs of impending action.

It's vehicle dependent but in most cars if I'm driving around by myself a gun is in a holster in between the passenger seat and center console. A baseball hat is placed over it in a way to imply I might have just take it off and just thrown it there.

There's a knife nearby, but all of my vehicles also have a little league bat in the rear floorboard, angled in a way where I can easily grab it. If someone attacked or approached my vehicle with no visible gun my first thought would be bloodying their nose with a straight shot from the bat.

My first goal when identifying trouble is choosing the lowest form of appropriate response. Id rather go to jail for breaking someone's jaw then removing their brains. Which means if I can avoid a fight, that's what I'll do. If your hand is forced then act violently, otherwise avoid the interaction. There's no honor in pursuing an unessecary fight. Thusly i will only act if mine or someone elses lifes in danger or Im somehow backed into having no choice.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Altho these days, a KITT license plate switcher might be called for ;)
    (ala Knight Rider tv show) switch to a fake plate, defend/etc...
    then boogie to the nearest car wash and switch 'em back while getting the blood rinsed off!!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    My major concern with semi-exposed carry of guns in a vehicle is the reaction of law enforcement. One must be very careful not to alarm the officer. They see the gun exposed and any misinterpreted movement on your part could get you shot.
    Lol, yeah some LEO's get froggy and quick. I had a sheriff once stop me as I walked from my boat to my truck. I had a 3 foot long machete in an olive drab sheath that I was on my way to put back in my truck after an honest days work clearing up an overgrown creek. He tried to tell me I was concealed carrying a 3 foot long knife because the sheath was a camo color! I told him point blank as he was running my license that he was stretching it. His partner walked up with him and was kind of hanging back for a little bit and then even he was like "hey, man, this guy didnt do anything wrong, let's go." And then the background check came back saying I had a permit to carry and he asked where was it because I was in a tshirt and not printing anywhere. I said my left ankle, a 38 Special, you want to see that, too? And he said "nope" so fast make your head spin and was gone

Chief_Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got to thinking re. people defending themselves and family while in vechicle,by thugs and rioters.
    This being intentionally stopped and/or attacked while seated in your car or truck.
    Myself and a friend and recently retired ECSO deputy used my truck parked in my driveway as a training platform. He drives a truck also.
    We ran several different scenario's. We used a blue gun and had no other functioning firearms or ammo in the area.
    We quickly determined that if you anticipate the possibility of defending your vech and occupants,GET OUT OF THE SEATBELT. It will greatly hamper your drawing your firearm,blade,baton,etc.
    Ready your defensive tools before you feel you will or could need them. I put a small towel next to my seat to cover the tool with.
    If a person attempts to gain access to my vech through a open window,I will slash his (or her) forearm with my EDC,auto karambit or a fixed double edged blade carried in the door. Will try to make sure all windows are up when seatbelts come off.
    If the thugs move towards my vech with a deadly weapon,a weapon that can breach my windows, my weapon is in my hand.
    If the window is breached and they attempt to grab me or reach in and unlock my door . . . WELL . . . ??
    Remember to defend the back window also. All windows will completely come out with the simple use of a spring loaded center punch. The front glass is laminated and is hard to get out or get through.
    Some vechs have a auto door lock system. My truck doors lock when I get up to 10mph. When my truck is stopped and put into park all four doors unlock. This could be very bad. Check your individual vechs for these systems.
    Practice pushing yourself back away from the side window. Practice even more if you shoot left handed.
    Run through as many sanerio's as possible. Get a buddy to help with this training. More people,more ideas.
    Good luck to us all. --- SAWMAN
    Like the part about auto unlock when placed in park...

CaptRoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Got to thinking re. people defending themselves and family while in vechicle,by thugs and rioters.
    This being intentionally stopped and/or attacked while seated in your car or truck.
    Myself and a friend and recently retired ECSO deputy used my truck parked in my driveway as a training platform. He drives a truck also.
    We ran several different scenario's. We used a blue gun and had no other functioning firearms or ammo in the area.
    We quickly determined that if you anticipate the possibility of defending your vech and occupants,GET OUT OF THE SEATBELT. It will greatly hamper your drawing your firearm,blade,baton,etc.
    Ready your defensive tools before you feel you will or could need them. I put a small towel next to my seat to cover the tool with.
    If a person attempts to gain access to my vech through a open window,I will slash his (or her) forearm with my EDC,auto karambit or a fixed double edged blade carried in the door. Will try to make sure all windows are up when seatbelts come off.
    If the thugs move towards my vech with a deadly weapon,a weapon that can breach my windows, my weapon is in my hand.
    If the window is breached and they attempt to grab me or reach in and unlock my door . . . WELL . . . ??
    Remember to defend the back window also. All windows will completely come out with the simple use of a spring loaded center punch. The front glass is laminated and is hard to get out or get through.
    Some vechs have a auto door lock system. My truck doors lock when I get up to 10mph. When my truck is stopped and put into park all four doors unlock. This could be very bad. Check your individual vechs for these systems.
    Practice pushing yourself back away from the side window. Practice even more if you shoot left handed.
    Run through as many sanerio's as possible. Get a buddy to help with this training. More people,more ideas.
    Good luck to us all. --- SAWMAN
    A truck gun might come in handy too. Like a ar pistol etc in case you have to exit the vehicle and leave by foot.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a 10.5" AR chambered in 6.8SPC for possible use. But I believe that a hi-cap pistol would be better.
    We tried several different weapons several days ago and a long(er) gun is just too hard to aim and maneuver in the cab of a vech and this was our primary concern.
    I also thought about a shotgun like my Moss Shockwave . . but excessive recoil,pattern will not open at 10ft,and there is a mag cap thing.
    We basically came to the conclusion that most any SD/HD hi-cap pistol would do. In 9mm and upward. More importantly is the mag-cap,accessibility, . . . AND TRAINING . . . in these tactics.
    Possibly JJ and I should get together and after research and training,put on a FREE,NON INSTRUCTOR class.
    But be forewarned,neither of us have ruby red Costa's or barbed wire tat's. Well . . ? . . at least I don't. And this thread was designed to make you basically think about the possibilities and self train,with friends and family. ---SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a 10.5" AR chambered in 6.8SPC for possible use. But I believe that a hi-cap pistol would be better.
    We tried several different weapons several days ago and a long(er) gun is just too hard to aim and maneuver in the cab of a vech and this was our primary concern.
    I also thought about a shotgun like my Moss Shockwave . . but excessive recoil,pattern will not open at 10ft,and there is a mag cap thing.
    We basically came to the conclusion that most any SD/HD hi-cap pistol would do. In 9mm and upward. More importantly is the mag-cap,accessibility, . . . AND TRAINING . . . in these tactics.
    Possibly JJ and I should get together and after research and training,put on a FREE,NON INSTRUCTOR class.
    But be forewarned,neither of us have ruby red Costa's or barbed wire tat's. Well . . ? . . at least I don't. And this thread was designed to make you basically think about the possibilities and self train,with friends and family. ---SAWMAN
    For the dedicated truck gun, no matter if pistol or otherwise, consider solid copper projectiles for over 30% greater penetration through sheet metal, engine blocks and steel belted tires

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really see no reason FOR ME to be shooting at engine blocks or steel belted tires. My choice will be my normal carry load X's spare mags. I always carry a Glock 32 or 33. These, loaded with 147gr or 124gr Hornady XTP's. These are my hunting back up gun and my EDC guns.
    In the last couple of months the only changes to this is: I carry three extra Glock 32 mags readily accessible in my truck. These, plus the loaded mag and chamber in my weapon + loaded mag (my primary reload) in my pocket.
    The "extra" beauty of the Glock is that you can carry a larger mag than the gun is intended for. IOW - -> a 31 or 32 mag for a 33,a 17 mag for a 19 or 26,etc,etc. My primary reload for my EDC 33 is a 32 mag.
    My intent is be able to defend myself,family,AND personal property( my truck),quickly,effectively, then get the eff outta there. If I am forced to abandon my truck my wife will come out the same door. After she gets on her feet,we will move away and to safety. At this point it will have already gotten ugly and there will be dead body's.
    The above is just me. To each their own. But figure it out NOW. You will not have time to figure out what you will do,how you will train,or what your resolve and fortitude is . . . AS IT IS HAPPENING. ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the dedicated truck gun, no matter if pistol or otherwise, consider solid copper projectiles for over 30% greater penetration through sheet metal, engine blocks and steel belted tires
    Copper expanding projectiles are a good ideal. They do well in flesh and also penetrate sheet metal more efficiently. I am not sure about engine blocks from an AR pistol. They likely will do better on a vest. It is possible that a violent rioter might have a vest.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a case with protester violence against a "black" motorist that escalated further when a person from the mob pulled a gun and chamber a round and pointed the gun at her. She hit one of them with her car while excaping the deadly threat and was called a Right Wing extremist by NPR.

The story:

Another armed motorist (had pistol on hip then got a rifle from trunk) verses mob that shoots as motorist hits a protester while driveing away. His car was hit by gun fire.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a case with protester violence against a "black" motorist that escalated further when a person from the mob pulled a gun and chamber a round and pointed the gun at her. She hit one of them with her car while excaping the deadly threat and was called a Right Wing extremist by NPR.

The story:

Another armed motorist (had pistol on hip then got a rifle from trunk) verses mob that shoots as motorist hits a protester while driveing away. His car was hit by gun fire.
    I vote we buy that Louisville lady a gun.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Murderous rioter, aka terrorist

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200701-223803_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200701-223803_Chrome.jpg
      82.4 KB · Views: 356

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I really see no reason FOR ME to be shooting at engine blocks or steel belted tires. My choice will be my normal carry load X's spare mags. I always carry a Glock 32 or 33. These, loaded with 147gr or 124gr Hornady XTP's. These are my hunting back up gun and my EDC guns.
    In the last couple of months the only changes to this is: I carry three extra Glock 32 mags readily accessible in my truck. These, plus the loaded mag and chamber in my weapon + loaded mag (my primary reload) in my pocket.
    The "extra" beauty of the Glock is that you can carry a larger mag than the gun is intended for. IOW - -> a 31 or 32 mag for a 33,a 17 mag for a 19 or 26,etc,etc. My primary reload for my EDC 33 is a 32 mag.
    My intent is be able to defend myself,family,AND personal property( my truck),quickly,effectively, then get the eff outta there. If I am forced to abandon my truck my wife will come out the same door. After she gets on her feet,we will move away and to safety. At this point it will have already gotten ugly and there will be dead body's.
    The above is just me. To each their own. But figure it out NOW. You will not have time to figure out what you will do,how you will train,or what your resolve and fortitude is . . . AS IT IS HAPPENING. ---- SAWMAN
    EVERYBODY JUST WANTS TO "SHOOT AS FEW AS POSSIBLE AND RUN"
    THIS I UNDERSTAND...

BUT... and a big Butt.................. IF Seriously attacked With the Intent to Harm or KIll.

WHY NOT PURGE THEM ALL?
    END THE THREAT COMPLETELY?

I appreciate NOT harming the Peaceful....IAMPEACEFUL.. I have never started a fight.. Never attacked anyone.. Defended myself yes. Let them go when they stopped attacking But But..
    BUT IF THEY ARE NOT AT ALL PEACEFUL????????????????????????????????

I for one would Love for SWAT to round up ALL MS13 AND EXECUTE THEM...

Thoughts.?

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

this is a how to STAY OUT OF JAIL VIDEO IF YOUR ATTACKED IN YOUR CAR.

GOD BLESS THE LAW.... I AM A LAW BIDDING CITIZEN....

Top Bottom