• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carbine Gypsy

Shooter
    Okay, I’m officially ruined. I picked up a Dan Wesson DWX at the beginning of the year: an absolute JOY to shoot. Lots of reviewers piss and moan about the absence of an optic cut, but I don’t care. It’s like foreplay with a mature, voluptuous woman with a bright red dress... Definitely not a carry gun as it’s big and heavy, all metal, and 5” barrel chambered in 9mm. Have shot a couple Steel Challenge matches with it, and though I need vast improvement, “Big Sexy” does her part.

A couple of months ago I acquired a long awaited Dan Wesson ECP from Gun Broker. Feels superb in the hand. Weighty for such a small, thin gun, but I expected it. Picked up a Southern Trapper leather holster for it as I didn’t want this gun going into a kydex holster. Southern trapper did not have any holsters fit for the ECP so I got one made for the DW Guardian. Made sense as I plan to get a Guardian as well. The gun is amazing to shoot for a 4” barrel. Only problem is, that it fails to go into battery every now and again. Does better with Wilson Combat mags than Dan Wesson. I suppose it’s still being broken in, but after 1200 rounds of various ammo and my reloads, with detailed cleaning after every range session, one would think it would be fine. However, I STILL have to gently bump the slide into battery, other mag at least once, so I can’t trust my life with it yet. Have ordered a 15# recoil spring from Ed Brown, to see if it remedies the issue. Would probably trade it for a DW Guardian if anyone is interested.

Last new member is 2 weeks old. A CZ 75 compact from the LGS. This gun is like the girl that is not all that pretty, comes from a rough but responsible working class family. Not fancy or glamorous but will cook good meals for you keep the house clean and is dependable. Basically will do what she is supposed to do, each and every time. Secretly, I really wanted to hate this gun. It’s lack of refinement and rough and raw finish on the inside of the frame, the little “pinch, grab you have to do to rack the anorexic slide that rides “in” the frame. The lonng
    , arched trigger pull. I wanted to hate it. Guess what? It out-shoots the Dan Wesson ECP at 20 and 30 feet, and evens it up at 40 ft. I really hate that it does that, I do. An $1800 gun being outperformed by a $650 gun. It COULD be me, but still. After just 2 or 3 mags through it with zero failure and ridiculous accuracy, I would trust it more than the ECP. My HK VP9 sits in my nightstand, and I promptly put the CZ in a dresser drawer, and deem it, in-service. SMH

ctc1066

Expert
    Welcome to the CZ Convert's Club. I have many firearms I enjoy and most are prettier, maybe more expensive and possibly more collectible but hands down my favorite is the CZ PO1 Omega. I am no Wyatt Earp but the CZ gives my the chance to much better. Fits like it belongs in my hand.

Top Bottom