• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Had dog or dogs around my plot today. Didn't see crap this afternoon. 1500-> dark. Looks like another ruger x39 test target. Heard it raising hell about noon running something. Road just before my plot. Guess I'll be toting the G21 with me.

Attachments

• 20220126_152004.jpg
      20220126_152004.jpg
      966 KB · Views: 73

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A few years ago a brown Austrailian shepherd looking dog ran a decent buck past me. Buck stopped behind a big red oak preventing a shot.

Saw some dogs on our lease in 2020 a couple of times, didn't seem to bother the deer.

I was in a lease in Louisiana for a few years, we ran dogs during the middle of the day, stand hunted mornings and evenings. The deer still came to eat corn.

I live 6 hours away, I don't want my camper burned because I got blamed for somebody's dog disappearing. We lease from a local farmer. If we have problems with neighbors, we let the farmer know and he mitigates the situation without creating a feud. The neighbors fish in the farm's irrigation reservoir, coon and hog hunt outside of deer season, too. The farmer has leverage.

YMMV

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Serious question, is there any way to stop dogs from running game on a lease other than removing them permanently?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Serious question, is there any way to stop dogs from running game on a lease other than removing them permanently?
    Probably not. Hoping it was just a one time thing. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anymore tracks, barking. I'm at the river and another club is on the opposite side. Maybe it was the guy with the tracking dog that you can't pet cause it's nuts.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Keep them in a kennel, possibly a fenced yard, but dogs can both dig and climb out.

Most yard dogs just ramble, but some do "hunt".

I use an electronic fence to keep my dog in our yard, but she is a very well mannered, obedient dog by nature.

I come from a farm background, dogs that threatened livestock were not tolerated, ours or the neighbor's.

I no longer own any livestock.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are not my dogs , while I’ll refrain from removing them permanently , I doubt that the clubs that lease paper company land around my farm will tolerate them long term. I think they got a pass this year because it was believed that they might belong to me.

Top Bottom