• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Picked up a cz75d PCR. Awesome pistol until I went to reload for it and discovered that unless using really rounded bullets it's got a super shallow chamber. Truncated cone projectiles and even 147gr xtp won't plunk unless I set them super deep (OAL of 1.055 with TC). A little research and this is common.
    Solution? Limit ammo options or get the chamber reamed. I prefer the latter as I want to be able to shoot a wider variety. According to my research, it is a quick, cheap, and common modification and has little or no effect on accuracy and increases reliability.
    Any recommendations on who to take it to for that?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have an answer for you but I've had trouble cycling certain ammo in my SP-01 also. Most stuff works great, but ammo I got from Fed Arm will not chamber reliably. Probably 1 in 3 doesn't seat all the way. Wonder if that's the problem with mine? Will be watching for responses.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't have an answer for you but I've had trouble cycling certain ammo in my SP-01 also. Most stuff works great, but ammo I got from Fed Arm will not chamber reliably. Probably 1 in 3 doesn't seat all the way. Wonder if that's the problem with mine? Will be watching for responses.
    From what I've found in my search, that's a common issue with CZ pistols. They're one of the most accurate on the planet but have shallow chambers. Ammo with straighter walled projectiles hit the lands and prevent the round from going into battery.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In a .45 ACP with semi-wadcutter barrel, steel case wolf did not chamber. With a seating die I pushed the bullet back in the case. Maybe not a good idea with 9x19 due to it being a higher pressure round. Setting back the bullet into case does increase pressures.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From what I've found in my search, that's a common issue with CZ pistols. They're one of the most accurate on the planet but have shallow chambers. Ammo with straighter walled projectiles hit the lands and prevent the round from going into battery.

Yep. Many CZs of all models are known have pretty shallow chambers. If you didn’t know, the pin that locks in the firing pin is a known weak spot too, and can deform under dry fire. Supposed to use snap caps or replace pin. I choose both on my P07. I was very relieved that i could plunk 147 grn Rangers after I bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep. Many CZs of all models are known have pretty shallow chambers. If you didn’t know, the pin that locks in the firing pin is a known weak spot too, and can deform under dry fire. Supposed to use snap caps or replace pin. I choose both on my P07. I was very relieved that i could plunk 147 grn Rangers after I bought them.

I'm gonna install the Mcarbo spring kit, comes with a replacement pin that's supposed to be a huge improvement over the factory one, a higher carbon tool steel.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm gonna install the Mcarbo spring kit, comes with a replacement pin that's supposed to be a huge improvement over the factory one, a higher carbon tool steel.

I did the Cajun kit because I’m very trendy. Lol.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I did the Cajun kit because I’m very trendy. Lol.

The Mcarbo kit is the same price and comes with more. Better results from the side by side comparisons I've seen on the YouTubes. This is my first CZ, and I love the damned thing. Just needs a little bit of tweaking to make even better.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Though, I'm really tempted to do the CGW short reset trigger. Not that I need it really, just tempted. First order of business is finding someone to ream the chamber so it's not as picky on ammo.
    I like shooting truncated cone projectiles and can't with this gun unless I seat them damn near to the point where there's no side showing. I can load for my berettas at 1.12 it even longer, but with the CZ anything beyond 1.055 hits the lands

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The Mcarbo kit is the same price and comes with more. Better results from the side by side comparisons I've seen on the YouTubes. This is my first CZ, and I love the damned thing. Just needs a little bit of tweaking to make even better.

PCR is my next gun purchase. If I’d had the cash at the time I’d have snatched the one I think you have. Although they’ve got one of those gaudy polished 75s up at Oak Ridge too. I need the lottery.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Lol. The PCR was the exact model I really wanted. Decocker only and a compact. Feels excellent in the hand and shoots really well. Only beef I have is the throat, but that's an easy and cheap fix if you know someone who has the stuff to do it.

Top Bottom