• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Just a quick update. I pulled apart the trigger pack and it was rusted on the inside. Spent some time scrubbing it down and it positively resets again (warning, its a doozy to get this thing back together with the factory trigger spring). I also filed all the rough edges and burrs off the trigger bar and cleaned up the plastic flash inside the lower. The safety works properly now that everything is gliding better. I've spent the last hour filing the grip and mount point on the lower, and still cannot get either the factory grip nor the Spikes on there.
    Keep at it. It's a good feeling to get the bugs knocked out. Can you change the ejection on that?? R->L?

** also rust in the trigger pack? As much as those cost, that's unacceptable. It's amazing what you find sometimes.

Last edited:

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Keep at it. It's a good feeling to get the bugs knocked out. Can you change the ejection on that?? R->L?

** also rust in the trigger pack? As much as those cost, that's unacceptable. It's amazing what you find sometimes.
    It is RH only! The ejection is non reversible, but there is a brass deflector built into the kit. In addition, it ejects to about the 3 o'clock. As long as you don't tuck in too much you should be okay.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    One thing you'll want to watch for on those scorpions is the firing pin safety block. Keep a check on it and keep it clean. I had one and I saw some videos of out of batteries on them, basically them blowing up. I went right away and tested mine and sure enough I could hold the bolt back nearly a 1/4 and it will still let me drop the hammer. Which isn't good. Mine was likely just dirty but I was planning to upgrade anyways and sold it. Main reason was I wanted a binary capable setup, yet didn't want to pay all that cash for one and it only be a proprietary CZ only trigger that I couldn't use on other guns. So that lead me down the road to the MPX, it would allow me to use a generic AR binary and also fire from a locked bolt. That made me feel safer when firing fast. I was going to tune it up tho before I decided to upgrade. I was tempted to get a spring kit for the horrible trigger weight, but I saw a guy online show how you can bend the original one a bit with pliers and lighten it significantly for free. I'm sure you can find it still on YouTube somewhere. I recall that the grip on the scorpions should be adjustable and able to slide back and forth a bit to make it better for a shooters preference. Seeing how that ones cutouts tho don't even match is disheartening tho. Not sure what can be done about that. I wonder what caused all the rust? At least you found it and got it fixed tho. I wonder if you can find help on the CZ forums from others who did bullpup mods. They may have other grips that fit better maybe or advice on how they handled it perhaps.
    I still like the Scorpions. I may get a micro version one day. I like how they have the indexed button style thread protectors and or flash hiders. I wish more guns used that system. If I had the cash at the time I likely wouldn't have sold the one I had and just kept it both it and the MPX. I was in a hurry tho and sold it to fund the other. They have by far one of the best aftermarket options

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    So I forgot to follow up with progress, but I finally got it out to the range. It is fully assembled and good to go, minus the grip, which I still can't get on all the way lol. Something must of been super goofed during the finishing because it just doesn't budge. Silver lining, the grip may not be bolted on but is wedged on there decently tight that even though it's not all the way forward, it ain't going anywhere. Also increases distance from trigger which I rather like.

That being said, I have it set up with a linear comp, vertical grip to help pull the front downwards which really does solve the balance issue, and a Holosun RDO/magnifier combo. The trigger isn't great, but not awful, and reminds me of an AUG which has a fairly long trigger travel but decent break. Maybe even a factory glock haha. Hitting steel was supremely easy having not fired it prior. I like the charging handle being moved backwards, and you can still HK slap if you are so inclined (I've ran easily 5k rounds though my AP5 now, so the slap is muscle memory now lol). I've also found the odd shape of the buttstock cradles the rifle on your shoulder, like one of the fold out supports on the butt of machine guns. The rifle is definitely bulky and weighty, but it's actually not that bad with the new ergos.

So to conclude, I was mad as hell at first, but I've very much warmed up to it having done the fitting and getting it laid out after about a month of owning. Bullpups have a distinct charm to them and this one carries the same personality as other military models for me.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Did forget to mention a quirk I noticed that I otherwise didn't think about. This rifle, being a straight blowback, does begin to extract and eject while there is still pressure in the barrel. Occasionally I would feel a spurt of hot gas or bits of lead or brass or powder residue spit out on my right arm, since my forearms would be in the neighborhood of the ejection port. I never had that happen on bully rifles since they are normally locked breach, or on a 22 since the pressure isn't as significant. It may of also been older ammo that wasn't in the best condition. Once I tucked my arm against the rifle more I didn't feel heat or spit, and it was all good from there.

Top Bottom